HKTS 9Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/HKTS+9BQ.html
Item# HKTS 9BQ
Additional InformationIf you’re going to add surround sound to your home playback system, you will want to do it once – and do it right. That’s why the HKTS 9 home theater loudspeaker includes five voice-matched satellite loudspeakers for the center, left/right front and left/right surround channels, in addition to an attention-grabbing, 200-watt powered subwoofer. The speakers are magnetically shielded to prevent interference that can damage your television. Together, the combination creates an immersive, 360-degree surround-sound environment. We’ve engineered all of the system components to work together, resulting in a rich, realistic, all-encompassing sonic performance with convincing sound effects. If you want to adjust the sound, we’ve equipped the subwoofer with phase and bass-boost controls. We’ve even made the system compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands that raise your speakers to ear level, and you can expand the system from 5.1 channels to 7.1 for an even more encompassing sonic experience. The system looks beautiful, too; it’s available in streamlined, glossy black to fit into any décor. By delivering movie dialogue, music and effects in this high-quality fashion, the HKTS 9 ensures that you’ll have a best-in-class cinema experience while it elevates your home theater from the ordinary to the truly extraordinary.Request an Exchange
We’ve engineered the HKTS 9 5.1-channel, home-theater speaker system to leave an indelible impression on you – from every angle. Offering enhanced audio realism to all your TV, movie and video-game entertainment, this high-performance surround-sound system includes a 200-watt subwoofer that works skillfully in tandem with the voice-matched, two-way satellite and center speakers. Engulf yourself in a 360-degree soundstage as you experience a highly capable and compelling alternative to an often packed and noisy movie multiplex.
At a Glance:
Complete 5.1-channel home theater surround-sound system
Voice-matched, two-way, 80W satellite speakers
Powerful, down-firing, 200W subwoofer
Stunning modern design
Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
Upgradable to 7.1 channels
Harman/Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
4 SAT-TS7satellite speakers for front left/right and surround left/right channels
1 CEN-TS7 center-channel speaker
1 HKTS210SUB powered subwoofer
4 wall-mount brackets for satellite speakers
1 wall-mount bracket for center-channel speaker
1 20' (6m) combination LFE and trigger cable for connection to subwoofer
3 20' (6m) color-coded speaker cables for center speakers and front satellites
2 40' (12m) color-coded speaker cables for rear satellites
- Complete 5.1-channel home theater surround-sound system
- As a complete home theater package, the HKTS 9 has everything you need – including satellite bases, wall-mounting hardware and all necessary cables – in one box. And by including removable shelf-mount stands and wall-mount brackets for the satellite and center speakers, the system offers you great flexibility for installing the speakers in different locations.
- Voice-matched, two-way, 80W satellite speakers
- The HKTS 9 system’s five voice-matched satellite speakers with 3-inch (75-millimeter) midrange drivers and 1/2-inch (13 millimeter) high-frequency tweeters are engineered to work together to produce a rich, realistic, all-encompassing sonic performance with convincing sound effects. You can even place these video-shielded speakers near your TV without causing magnetic interference.
- Powerful, down-firing, 200W subwoofer
- The HKTS 9’s 200-watt down-firing subwoofer with an 8-inch (200-millimeter) driver offers deep, authoritative low-frequency realism that lends a richness and believability to whatever imagery you’re seeing on screen – while remaining surprisingly unimposing off screen. While viewing an action film, you hear every crash, bang and boom the soundtrack has to offer.
- Stunning modern design
- The HKTS 9 system represents a décor-friendly complement to any entertainment center or home theater. Its contemporary styling incorporates glossy, black accents, polished surfaces and elegant symmetry – elements that are clearly part of the rich Harman Kardon® design heritage. The system’s compact, unobtrusive dimensions offer virtually unlimited installation options.
- Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
- Controls on the HKTS 9’s 200-watt subwoofer let you fine-tune its bass output for your personal taste and room acoustics. Bass-boost and phase switches also allow you to optimize the subwoofer’s performance, depending upon where you place the speakers. A subwoofer properly in phase with the satellite speakers generates clear, and lifelike sounds for instruments such as drums, piano and plucked strings.
- Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
- Unshielded loudspeaker components can upset the magnetic field in a conventional TV, resulting in visible color shifts and possible long-term damage. But the HKTS 9’s magnetically shielded loudspeaker components can deliver high-quality, high-performance results even when you place them near a TV.
- LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
- The HKTS 9 includes an LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector that bypasses the subwoofer’s internal, low-pass crossover. As a result, you can use a receiver/processor’s dedicated subwoofer output to provide enhanced low-end performance.
- Upgradable to 7.1 channels
- If you want to move beyond the all-encompassing power of this 5.1-channel surround-sound system, you can easily add a pair of front-height or rear-channel surround loudspeakers – and hence unleash the 7.1-channel capability of your HKTS 9 system. The 7.1 surround-sound format elevates the impact of your entertainment experience with a richer, more thorough soundstage.
- Upgradable to 7.1 channels
- If you want to move beyond the all-encompassing power of this 5.1-channel surround-sound system, you can easily add a pair of front-height or rear-channel surround loudspeakers – and hence unleash the 7.1-channel capability of your HKTS 9BQ system. The 7.1 surround-sound format elevates the impact of your entertainment experience with a richer, more thorough soundstage.
- Energy-saving features
- To adhere to European guidelines, the HKTS 9BQ system uses low standby-power consumption – less than 1 watt – and includes a number of energy-efficient features. For example, an auto-power on/off function automatically controls the subwoofer in response to a relayed voltage or an audio input signal. (If the subwoofer receives no audio signal for 15 minutes, the subwoofer automatically shuts off.) By meeting such “green” standards, this speaker system keeps sound quality high – and your power bill low.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Frequency response
- 45Hz – 20kHz (–6dB)
- 86dB @ 2.83V/1 meter
- Enclosure Type
- 1kg (2.2 lb)
- Satellite Sensitivity
- 86dB @ 1watt
- Speaker Sensitivity
- 86dB (2.83V/1m)
- Satellite Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Speaker Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Subwoofer Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 200 watts RMS
- Frequency Response
- 45Hz - 20kHz (-6dB)
- Satellite Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- Speaker High-Frequency Transducer
- 3/4" dome, video-shielded
- Speaker Midrange Transducer
- Dual 3" drivers, video-shielded
- Subwoofer Weight (lb)
- Satellite Width (mm)
- Subwoofer Height (in)
- Speaker Width (in)
- Subwoofer Width (mm)
- Speaker Height (mm)
- Satellite Depth (in)
- Subwoofer Width (in)
- Satellite Width (in)
- Speaker Depth (mm)
- Satellite Height (mm)
- Satellite Height (in)
- Satellite Depth (mm)
- Subwoofer Weight (kg)
- Speaker Depth (in)
- Speaker Width (mm)
- Subwoofer Depth (in)
- Subwoofer Depth (mm)
- Satellite Weight (lb)
- Speaker Weight (kg)
- Satellite Weight (kg)
- Subwoofer Height (mm)
- Speaker Weight (lb)
- Speaker Height (in)
Satellite Speaker Specifications:
- Satellite Wall-Mount Capable
- Satellite Midrange Transducer
- 3" driver, video shielded
- Satellite High-Frequency Transducer
- 1/2" (12mm) dome, video shielded
HKTS 9 is rated out of 5 by 21.
Rated 5 out of 5 by osiris111 from A year with the HKTS 9 in College As a college student who likes to go out and fellow musician, I love music. I originally had two sets of Soundsticks, and considering their size and price, they performed admirably. Then last winter when looking for a nice portable speaker for a present, I noticed this speaker set on sale. Very on sale. At that point it decided it was time to dip my toes into the audiophile world, and i was not disappointed. i bought a decent intro 700W Sony receiver, and with these speakers wow was I impressed. The difference between a L/R system to surround sound is incredible. Loud music, movies and videogames all sounded great. When i'd have a party in my room and the music was especially loud the sub would distort a little bit, but for $160, this system can't be beat. I then bought a Klipsch R-125W sub and the sound was perfect. If you're looking to join the surround sound club this is a great place to start.
Date published: 2017-05-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ssbatt from Home theater system with receiver Excellent sound. We have tv blue ray cable box and iPhones all synced to Bluetooth. Love it.
Date published: 2017-05-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rashpal from Great Features Great Features , great Sound , great value and affordable.
Date published: 2017-01-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dave123 from Great Sound! Very impressed with the quality/value I purchased this to replace a Bose 5.1 Lifestyle System. I did not have any experience with HK products but all the reviews were positive. I purchased this refurbished from HK and when I unpackaged it everything looked new! I hooked this up to a 5.1 Pioneer Receiver and wow was I impressed. This is perfect for watching movies or listening to music. The sound is crips and clear and the surround sound makes you feel like your at the movie theatre. The 200w Subwoofer is really powerful. Really pumps out the base. The complete package includes wire and wall mounts which makes it a very easy setup. Thanks Harmon Kardon! Looking to purchase another system for my family room.
Date published: 2017-02-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by DsmMovieWatcher from Excellent value These speakers are an excellent value for the high quality of the sound they produce. The adjustable range of the subwoofer is also excellent. I rated these speakers 5 stars...and I never give products 5 stars!
Date published: 2017-04-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rod T from Budget very small GO Big with HKTS 9 this was the best buy of 2016 for me I would advise anyone on a small budget to buy these speakers at the price you can't go wrong
Date published: 2016-12-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ducdaddy from Listen at a lower volume, but with richer sound A quick, easy set up with carefully fitted mounts. I was surprised by how much better the low volume listening was compared to my old system. very happy with my purchase.
Date published: 2017-05-02
Rated 3 out of 5 by Andrade996 from Expect to pay more. I have always loved the sound of Harmon/Kardon. I bought this system for a great price around Christmas time and I was excited to set it up in my man cave. I got it really quick because it was free two day shipping. Once I got it, I immediately tried setting it up. Nowhere on the website does it say you need a receiver. So if you don't already have one, expect to have to buy one, and the ones that support 7.1 channel, the good ones at least, are no less than $600. So paying $600 for these speakers and then another $600+ for a receiver is ridiculous and they should tell you straight up what you are walking into. I'm only recommending it because of the sound it gives off. The sound is incredible and the bass booms.
Date published: 2017-01-04
Will the satellite speakers attach to standard screw-mount speaker stands?
HKTS 9 can be mounted to the HTFS 2 speaker stands. If you are planning on installing onto other brand of speaker, it would depend on the whether or not HKTS 9’s dimensions are compatible with the mounting components.
Date published: 2017-03-24
This item is power??? AC 220v use??
The left, center, right, and rear speakers are powered by your receiver. The subwoofer requires external power (100-120 volts for the USA model, and 220-240 volts for the EU model).
Date published: 2017-04-08
Are the speakers wireless
No. The HKTS 9 is a wired passive speaker system with a powered sub. It must be connected to an audio/video surround sound receiver in order to function.
Date published: 2016-12-23
do i need AV receiver to connect it or I can connect with any DVD/bluray/TV directly? If I need AV receiver, please provide a specifications...
The HKTS 9 is a wired passive speaker system with a powered sub. It must be connected to an audio/video surround sound receiver in order to function. The satellite speakers and the center channel speaker of the HKTS 9 can handle and output up to 80 watts while the powered subwoofer can output up to 200W of power. Any one of our AVRs like the AVR 1610S will work with these speakers.
Date published: 2016-12-23
Is there a recommended room area to which this system has a better performance? or to which the product expectation performance is reduced? i.e. 20'*30' family room?
Search Result For ""
1 Year Electronics / 5 Year Loudspeaker Warranty
Products purchased online or from an authorized local retailer and under warranty may qualify for an exchange with a valid receipt.
Purchases made from an unauthorized dealer will not be eligible for exchange.