Additional InformationWith the K550s, AKG engineers have struck a masterful balance between the noise-isolating qualities of closed-back headphones and the spacious, dimensional sound of an open-back design creating reference-class headphones ideal for private listening both at home and on the go. 50mm drivers, the largest in our product line, deliver great AKG sound from your hi-fi system or virtually any portable device.The large ear cups and new headband design ensure an amazingly comfortable fit, and the 2D-axis mechanism folds flat to stow or go.
CLOSED-BACK REFERENCE CLASS HEADPHONES
At a Glance:
High-performance headphones for use at home and on the go
Accuracy and durability
AKG reference sound
Comfortable and portable
What's in the box:
1 pair of AKG K 550 BLACK
3.5 - 6.3 jack adapter
AKG warranty card
- The Best of Both Worlds
- Combines the advantages of closed-back headphones (no sound leakage for a truly private experience) with the open sound of open-backs (typical “speakers” sound) – making it ideal for both home and street use.
- Outstanding Sound
- The 50mm (2'') driver, the biggest driver in the AKG headphone range,delivers a realistic soundstage – far beyond what other headphones typically deliver.
- Cozy Fit
- With large ear cups and a new, lightweight headband design, the K550 offers an amazing, comfortable fit allowing for hours of continuous listening.
- Great Compatibility
- The K550 works and plays well with virtually any portable device including iPod, iPod touch or iPhone.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Matte black with black metal accents
- Maximum input power
- Net weight (without cable)
- 99.99% oxygen-free cable, 3m
- Speaker Nominal Impedance
- 32 ohms
- Speaker Sensitivity
- 114 dB SPL/V
- Speaker Frequency Response
- 12 Hz - 28 kHz
- Speaker Weight (kg)
- 305 g
Control and Connection Specifications:
- 3.5/6.3 mm hard gold-plated jack plug and contacts
K550MKII is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by AKS1 from Great HeadPhone it is really a great headphone with good sound stage. This headphone definitely NOT for BASS heads,,! This is for audiophiles who need great sound without any artificial ingredients.
Date published: 2016-12-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by 4 Drums from Sonic Heaven Well like others I searched for headphones that are reasonably priced, sound great, and are comfortable. Taken advantage of Haman sales, I purchased the AKG wireless 50 BT for my office and daily commuting and could get over the sound quality for a wireless headphone. When the K550 went on sale, I immediately researched the reviews and found out quickly how good these were. Plop down my money and after careful break in, I put on some hi res music. What!!?? Wow!!! On a very old recording that I have listen to for over 40 plus years I could hear the buzz of the amplifiers! The details inside the music was breath taking. With a little sum of money my vast music collection was re-born. Bass heads look elsewhere. But, if you have properly heard music presented in HIGH fidelity than these are for you. These totally immerse me in the music regardless of the source.Faannnntttaaaassssttttiiiiccc!!!
Date published: 2016-12-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nicherson from Perfect headphones for what I was looking for Returned a well reviewed competitors headphones due to comfort issues. This set is comfortable for hours and the audio quality is incredible to boot!
Date published: 2016-12-29