Additional InformationIt’s one thing to hear music with headphones. It’s quite another thing to hear music with a realistic sense of width, distance and depth. That’s exactly what we’ve engineered the AKG® K551 headphones to deliver. Optimized for a fully immersive listening experience, these reference-class headphones use Real Image Engineering to create a highly realistic sound environment with a true sense of dimensional space. Two 1-31/32-inch (50-millimeter) drivers, the largest in the AKG product line, produce powerful, detailed sound from portable devices and home audio systems alike. The K551s’ closed-back design offers enhanced passive noise reduction and extremely low sound-leakage levels, while an in-line microphone lets you answer a call from your iPhone as easily as you listen to a song. With large ear cups and a lightweight headband, the stylish and portable K551s provide hours of comfortable, continuous listening and let you take AKG studio-quality sound with you wherever you go. And when you’re not using the headphones, a 2D-axis fold-flat mechanism makes them easy to store or transport. The headphones’ classic, sophisticated design proves that this impressive headset isn’t engineered only for the ears. Your private, immersive sound environment awaits.
Engineering a highly realistic sound environment. AKG® engineers have optimized the K551 headphones for a fully immersive listening experience. Starting with a 1-31/32-inch (50-millimeter) driver on each ear, these reference-class headsets use Real Image Engineering to create a highly realistic sound environment with a true sense of three-dimensional space. Stylish and portable, the K551s let you take AKG studio-quality sound with you go wherever you go. And an in-line microphone lets you take calls from your iPhone. The lightweight, comfortable K551s have impressive passive noise reduction and extremely low sound-leakage levels. So you can stay blissfully inside your sound environment for hours on end.
At A Glance:
Famous AKG sound quality
1-31/32" (50mm) drivers
Real Image Engineering
What's in the box:
1 set of AKG K551 reference-class headphones
cable of 1,1m
- Famous AKG sound quality
- For over 65 years, AKG Acoustics has been the leader in creating studio sound in headphones. We hold over 1,400 patents for our groundbreaking products, plus two technical GRAMMY® Awards (in 2010 and 2005) for sound innovation.
- 1-31/32" (50mm) drivers
- Powerful 1-31/32-inch (50-millimeter) drivers enable K551 reference-class headphones to do things that other headphones can only imagine. Music is rich and layered, while sound environments seemingly unfold before you no matter how loud you turn up the volume.
- Real Image Engineering
- Real Image Engineering is the science that fits an actual soundstage inside the space between your ears and the K551 headphones. With Real Image Engineering, sounds are huge and accurate, with an incredibly realistic sense of width, distance and depth.
- Outstanding passive noise reduction
- Traffic is loud. Subways are loud. Other people’s phone calls are loud – and annoying. But you may never know it, because K551 headphones offer effective sound insulation. Premium foam ear pads wrapped in soft leather help create an acoustic seal, so all you hear is the music you love.
- Closed-back design
- The K551 reference-class headset keeps music in and noise out. Its closed-back design helps prevent outside noise from entering your ears and minimizes sound leakage. So your music is yours and yours alone to enjoy anywhere you go.
- In-line microphone and remote control
- K551 headphones have an in-line microphone so that you can make calls that are every bit as crisp and noise-free as the music you listen to on your iPhone. The mic is ideal for FaceTime and Skype™ applications, and virtually any app requiring a microphone. The headphones’ three-button remote lets you control the playback functions and volume from iPhone and iPad devices, as well as Apple laptops and desktop computers.
- Classic-meets-contemporary design
- Great music doesn’t go out of style, and neither will the K551s. These reference-class headphones are sleek and sophisticated, with a commanding yet minimalist design that is available in either white or black and silver.
- 2D-axis fold-flat mechanism
- Though you may never want to, you will take your K551 headphones off at some point. When you do, the K551s fold flat for simple, worry-free storing and transporting. High-quality, metal-alloy material keeps the folding mechanism strong and durable.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Frequency range
- 12Hz – 28kHz
- 114dB SPL/V
- Input Impedance
- 32 Ohms
- Maximum Input Power
- Net weight (without cable)
- 10.76 oz (305g)
- 99.99% oxygen-free cable, 4' (1.2m)
- Main connection
- 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini-jack plug