GTX 500Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/GTX500.html
Does It Fit My Car?
Additional InformationThe JBL GTX500 is the ideal upgrade for those car audio enthusiasts who want exceptional bass without breaking the bank. And don’t let its size fool you. While the GTX500 may be compact, with a max power output of 750 watts you can drive your subs as you see fit. While its true JBL sound sets it apart from other subwoofer amps, it’s ease-of-use and installation, configuration and calibration makes it truly stand out—it connects to OEM or aftermarket systems without complicated adapters or setup routines.
The JBL GTX500 is the ideal upgrade for those car audio enthusiasts who want exceptional bass without breaking the bank. And don’t let its size fool you. While the GTX500 may be compact, with a max power output of 750 watts you can drive your subs as you see fit. While its true JBL sound sets it apart from other subwoofer amps, it’s ease-of-use and installation, configuration and calibration makes it truly stand out—it connects to OEM or aftermarket systems without complicated adapters or setup routines.
At A Glance:
Big power: 770 watts peak
Variable electronic crossover
Pristine signal for great sound
What's in the box:
2 bare wire-to-RCA adapters
- Big power: 770 watts peak
- Cars are small, and the space inside them is a challenge to audio engineers. But the GTX500 gives you big, commanding sound. You’ll have 350 watts of RMS at an impedance of 4 ohms, 500 watts at 2 ohms and 770 watts at peak power.
- Variable electronic crossover
- The GTX500’s variable crossover allows you to optimize tuning based on your speaker location and specific components. And you can do it whether you’re a rocket scientist or not.
- Pristine signal for great sound
- With a frequency response of 10Hz to 280Hz, the GTX500 reproduces deep bass tones cleanly. Its full-range preamp outputs allow for multiple hookups without high-loss Y-adapters or signal splitters. Music reaches the amp and passes through it with clarity and fidelity.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Max Power
- 770W X 1
- Rated Power
- 350W RMS x 1 @ 4 ohms,500W RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms
- Input sensitivity/impedance (low-level input)
- 100mV – 2V/>7k ohms
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance (speaker-level input)
- Input sensitivity/impedance (speaker-level input) 2V – 15V/120 ohms
- Fuse Replacement
- 25A x 2
- 6.4 lb (2.9kg)
- greater than 80dB ref. 1W
- Frequency Response
- 20Hz – 200Hz (±0.5dB); 10Hz – 300Hz (±3dB)
- Height (in)
- Width (in)
- Depth (in)
- Height (mm)
- Width (mm)
- Depth (mm)
GTX 500 is rated out of 5 by 4.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Thejshep from Clean power and lots of it... I recently purchased this unit and have been very impressed with not only how much boom it delivers, but how it pushes for hours and doesn't break a sweat. I have it hooked up to a Kicker CompR 12" in a Kicker ported box. Power is fed via 8 gauge power and ground w/ 8 gauge copper between the amp and sub as well. I can rattle someone's windows from across the road but I use my setup mostly to provide balanced and clean low range audio in my Jeep. Just make sure your speakers are rated for 500W RMS minimum since JBL has been a bit modest with their power ratings.
Date published: 2016-01-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Banginbass from Great amp I have the 750 watt version I got the jbl 751ez amp witch is the same amp only more wattage and I have it hooked up to a skar audio vvx v2 subwoofer and it's pushing that sub like crazy I have it in a big sealed box if it was in a ported box I know it would blow the sub and I have the gain almost all the way down and the bass boast is all the way down if I turn both of them up like only a qauter of the way up I can garentee that it will destroy that sub I don't really think this amp puts out 750 rms probably at least 900 rms just watch steve Meade amp test Tuesday when he tested the jbl gto 501 ez series amplifier it put out 712 rms at 2 ohms jbl really under rates these amps I've been doing car audio for over twenty years if your thinking about buying this amp don't think no more buy it you will be very happy
Date published: 2016-07-08
Rated 3 out of 5 by Dwreck from It's a allright amp for the price... I guess I bought this amp a few weeks ago, it's okay for the price. There isn't as many adjustments like most other amp's. I got it on sale so it works for now defnitly will be upgrading in the future, the build quality of it is great tho, cool to the touch.
Date published: 2015-07-24
Rated 5 out of 5 by Blank74 from Big Power, Small Package What else is there to say, great power in a small package. I installed this in my boat (not recommended) and it drives my sub nice and hard.
Date published: 2016-09-04