ABH 4000Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/harman-kardon/ABH+4000.html
Item# ABH 4000
Additional InformationDifferent music in different rooms – that’s what you get from the ABH 4000 four-room/eight-room A-BUS® expansion hub. ABH 4000 hubs provide fully controllable audio playback within multiple spaces in your home or office. All you need is an A-BUS-equipped Harman Kardon® receiver or home theater system to serve as a central sound source, plus AB 1 amplified in-wall modules and a Cat. 5/5e-connected network. If your receiver, pre-amplifier or surround processor is not A-BUS/ready™ and does not feature A-BUS connectivity, no worries; you can use the ABH 4000’s onboard audio inputs to distribute audio from any “Tape” or “Multiroom” output to any room connected to the ABH 4000’s network. For added flexibility, you can add an optional infrared (IR) receiver/sensor to handle direct remote-control commands for source components, including CD and DVD players. The ABH 4000 can handle it all; after all, the hub has power inputs, A-BUS inputs, A-BUS outputs, IR outputs, audio outputs and other connectors. The ABH 4000 is a perfect solution for a house full of people who have different musical tastes
Using any A-BUS®-compatible Harman Kardon® products as a central source, the ABH 4000 expansion hub provides flexible sound distribution (via AB 1 amplified in-wall modules) across four separate entertainment zones to as many as eight rooms in your house or apartment. And if you need to add A-BUS connectivity to a receiver, pre-amplifier or surround processor that is not A-BUS/ready™, the hub’s onboard audio inputs will distribute sound from “Tape” or “Multiroom” ports. To provide even more extensive sound coverage, you can cascade multiple units together using standard Cat. 5/5e cables.
At A Glance:
Expands A-BUS/ready audio to eight rooms/four zones
Compatible with components that are not A-BUS/ready
IR-sensor and IR-emitter connectors
Simplified A-BUS connectors
Expansion in/out connectors
Status and power LEDs
Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
1 ABH 4000 expansion hub
1 power supply
1 6' (2m) AC power cord
1 3' (1m) RJ-45 connection jumper cable
- Expands A-BUS/ready audio to eight rooms/four zones
- Ideal for audiophiles who love to host parties – or for those who have families with highly diverse musical tastes – the ABH 4000 extends different kinds of music across multiple, discrete entertainment zones.
- Compatible with components that are not A-BUS/ready
- The ABH 4000 can work with components that aren’t A-BUS/ready. This ability gives you increased value and flexibility. It even saves you money; the ABH 4000 distributes different music in different zones, so you won’t need to spend money on additional source components for every part of the house.
- IR-sensor and IR-emitter connectors
- The ABH 4000’s infrared (IR) sensor ports provide direct control from the main listening room. And if you need to control multiple source components, the hub also offers additional IR emitter connections.
- Simplified A-BUS connectors
- The ABH 4000 allows for simplified A-BUS networking, requiring only standard Cat. 5/5e cables fitted with RJ-45 connectors. RCA audio inputs let you connect easily with source components that aren’t A-BUS/ready.
- Expansion in/out connectors
- Via the unit’s expansion in/out ports, you can connect multiple ABH 4000 hubs to A-BUS/ready source components, thereby expanding the reach and range of your sound system to multiple rooms. Perfect for audiophiles with large homes, these expansion hubs let you customize the output to different playback areas for each primary component.
- Status and power LEDs
- Thanks to its LED lights, the ABH 4000 keeps you informed of system status and power levels. And its infrared (IR) remote control helps you through system setup, testing and troubleshooting. In everyday use, the LEDs confirm that commands have reached the unit, ensuring that your system complies with your every whim.
- Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
- Exemplifying the balance among high style, modern design and audio ingenuity, the ABH 4000 expansion hub embodies the spirit of Harman Kardon innovation, a legacy that discerning audio enthusiasts have revered for almost 60 years. Harman Kardon engineers have consistently advanced the science of sound, developing products that are dedicated to quality, durability and, most importantly, generating rave reviews from audiophiles.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Trigger Output
- 12 volts, 100ma
- Power Supply Output
- 24-volt, 4-amp supply included
- Power Supply Input
- 108 – 264 VAC, 115 watts