HK 3490Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/harman-kardon/HK+3490.html
Item# HK 3490
Additional InformationThe powerful HK 3490 stereo A/V receiver combines all of an audiophile’s must-haves with an array of multichannel extras. What are these features? Start with a high-performance phono pre-amplifier, high-current power amplifiers, an FM/AM/XM®-ready tuner, video switching and Dolby® Virtual Speaker technology. The receiver can connect to nearly any A/V device, thanks to its pre-out/main-in connectors, three audio-only inputs, two analog-recording outputs (tape and video), dual subwoofer outputs for easy connection to multiple low-frequency cabinets, four A/V inputs with composite video (including one on the front panel for video games or portable audio players), a composite-video monitor output and two digital-audio inputs (one coaxial and the other optical). Add The Bridge II docking station and an iPhone or iPod, and the HK 3490 links to current-generation digital music players. A programmable remote control operates multiple components within your home system, while A/B speaker selection lets you hear audio playback in more than one room. You can even listen to this receiver through your headphones, thanks to the system’s headphone jack and Dolby headphone mode. In addition, the HK 3490 looks beautiful, with the clean, streamlined design that’s a Harman Kardon® tradition.
In addition to a pair of 120-watt-per-channel, ultrawide-bandwidth amplifiers, the HK 3490 stereo A/V receiver features a full-function FM/AM/XM®-ready tuner, phono pre-amplifier and three composite-video inputs – including one on the front panel for easy connection to gaming consoles and portable audio players. Then there’s the flock of multichannel extras, including Dolby® Virtual Speaker technology, dual subwoofer outputs, video switching and digital-audio inputs. Using a signature Harman Kardon® technology, the unit’s high-current power amplifiers deliver all the subtleties of a musical performance, whether reproduced from a CD, a video source or your favorite MP3 player.
At A Glance:
Two 120-watt-per-channel amplifiers with high-current capability
Striking industrial design
FM/AM/XM-ready tuner with 30 presets
The Bridge II connector for iPhone/iPad
Dolby Virtual Speaker and Dolby headphone modes
High-quality phono input
Remote A/B speaker selection
Comprehensive inputs and outputs
Seven-device system remote control and remote IR input/output
Two triggered subwoofer outputs
Private listening via headphone jack
Harman/Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
1 Harman Kardon HK 3490 two-channel receiver
1 remote control
1 AM antenna with 2-foot (0.6-meter) cable
1 FM antenna with 6-foot (1.8-meter) cable
1 1/8-inch (3.5-millimeter) mini-plug-to-analog-audio/composite-video cable
4 AAA batteries
- Two 120-watt-per-channel amplifiers with high-current capability
- By leveraging high-current capability (HCC), the HK 3490’s 120-watt-per-channel, integrated amplifier maintains the instantaneous current required to drive nearly any loudspeaker system, delivering dynamic peaks, tight bass and superb transient response at any volume level.
- Striking industrial design
- The HK 3490 fuses many appealing exterior ingredients to evoke architectural excellence. A dot-matrix display with easy-to-read navigation menus relays artist information, track numbers and volume levels.
- AM/FM/XM-ready tuner
- In addition to direct-access tuning and the 30 station presets available for the FM/AM tuner with RDS (Radio Data System), the HK 3490 receiver includes an XM-ready tuner that operates with an XM antenna module (sold separately) for home use. XM radio lets you access additional stations with exclusive satellite-radio content, much of which is commercial-free.
- The Bridge II connector for iPhone/iPad
- The optional The Bridge II docking station (sold separately) works with an iPod or iPhone player to expand your entertainment options. Once connected, The Bridge II even charges your Apple device and works seamlessly with the HK 3490’s system remote control to navigate and play your favorite music tracks.
- Dolby Virtual Speaker and Dolby Headphone modes
- Dolby Virtual Speaker mode simulates a realistic, 5.1-channel surround-sound experience from just two speakers. In addition, Dolby Headphone technology recreates a rich audio soundstage using your conventional stereo headphones.
- High-quality phono input
- A high-quality phono input enables connection to record players fitted with an MM (moving magnet) cartridge to breathe new life into your vinyl collection of LPs and 45s, letting you hear all those classic albums and singles in the best audio quality.
- Remote A/B speaker selection
- By switching easily between A/B speakers, the HK 3490 conveniently lets you hear audio playback in more than one room at a time.
- Comprehensive inputs and outputs
- The HK 3490 features three audio-only inputs, two analog-recording outputs (tape and video), four A/V inputs with composite video (including one on the front panel for video games or portable audio players), a composite-video monitor output and two digital-audio inputs (one coaxial and the other optical). Stereo pre-amp outputs let you connect the receiver to an external power amplifier.
- Seven-device system remote control and remote IR input/output
- A seven-device, programmable system remote control is capable of directing your TV, cable boxes, satellite tuners and home theater system. Using the receiver’s multilingual, on-screen display, the remote guides you seamlessly through system setup.
- The HK 3490 offers dual subwoofer outputs with triggers for connecting and powering multiple subwoofers. Matching convenience with energy preservation, these intuitive outputs automatically trigger attached subwoofers to turn on or off in response to relayed voltage or audio signals.
- Private listening via headphone jack
- For a more intimate listening experience, the receiver’s headphone output features HARMAN headphone surround mode, which helps create a realistic 5.1-channel, surround-sound experience from a stereo source.
- Harman/Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
- Exemplifying the balance among high style, modern design and audio ingenuity, the HK 3490 two-channel receiver embodies the spirit of Harman Kardon innovation, a legacy that discerning audio enthusiasts have revered for almost 60 years. Harman Kardon engineers have consistently advanced the science of sound, developing products that are dedicated to quality, durability and, most importantly, generating rave reviews from audiophiles.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Detachable IEC Power Cord
- Power Consumption (full power/idle)
- less than 1W standby, 310W maximum (both channels driven)
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance
- Linear (High-Level): 200mV/47k ohms
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (IHF-A)
- High Instantaneous Current Capability
- ±45 Amps
- Slew Rate
- Power Requirement
- AC 120V/60Hz
- Television Format
- Signal Format
- Input Level
- Sync Polarity
- Video Frequency Response
- 10Hz – 10MHz