HK 3770Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/HK3770AM.html
Additional InformationHarman Kardon’s reputation for excellence in sound quality and distortion-free power has moved forward to combine classic analog sound with modern digital connectivity. Discover 240 watts of power in a stereo receiver dedicated to complete connectivity for all your devices. The high-performance Harman Kardon HK 3770 stereo receiver delivers everything you need to drive any home audio system. With analog and digital connectivity, it features high power and offers a built-in, 192 kHz/24 bit DAC. Connect to your home network via Ethernet, playing all your local content over DLNA 1.5 or connect a storage device or any Apple iOS device via USB. Bluetooth® is included for high quality audio streaming from a broad range of devices. And, with built-in AM/FM radio and phono inputs, the HK 3770 eloquently bridges classic and modern audio – making it a truly powerful centerpiece for your home audio system.
The high-performance Harman Kardon HK 3770 stereo receiver delivers everything you need to set up a classic home audio system with modern connectivity for your analog and digital devices. It delivers 240 watts of ultra-low distortion power and a built-in, 192 kHz/24-bit DAC to provide you with a powerful core essential to creating any serious audio system. The HK 3770 also offers Bluetooth®, DLNA and USB connectivity – so all your old and new devices can be synched to all that powerful sound.
At A Glance:
Cutting-edge connectivity options, including Bluetooth® for high quality audio streaming from a broad range of devices.
A high resolution DAC, featuring a 24-bit/192 kHz sampling rate.
Striking Harman Kardon design leverages quality materials in a 2-channel, 240-watt stereo receiver with ultra-low distortion.
The Harman Kardon Remote app provides control through iOS and Android platforms as part of the Harman Kardon ecosystem.
What's in the box:
1 Harman Kardon BDS 3770 System
1 FM radio antenna
1 6' (1.8m) region-specific IEC power cord
2 AAA batteries
1 AM antenna loop
1 programmable remote control
- Striking Harman Kardon design leverages quality materials in a 2-channel, 240-watt stereo receiver with ultra-low distortion.
- The power derived from the HK 3770’s high-current amplifiers provides you with what you need to access the high quality sound available from all your playback sources and electronic devices, delivered to your choice of speakers.
- A high resolution DAC, featuring a 24-bit/192 kHz sampling rate.
- Get the most out of your signal path with a high resolution, 24-bit, 192 kHz DAC – which helps marry analog to digital in a stereo receiver providing you instant access between devices.
- Complete Connectivity
- Enjoy the merits of traditional analog components without sacrificing the convenience and precision of modern digital media. From capturing the sounds of your vinyl through an analog phono input to marveling at the programming available through your vTuner internet radio access, you get the best of both worlds – complete with all the connectivity and interactivity you demand from your various electronic devices. Network DLNA 1.5 and internet radio open the door on digital access while further interactivity is yours with iOS Direct through USB inputs.
- Cutting-edge connectivity options, including Bluetooth® for high quality audio streaming from a broad range of devices.
- The HK 3770 streams audio from virtually any portable device. Its integrated Bluetooth® technology enables connectivity to almost any tablet, smartphone or laptop.
- The Harman Kardon Remote app provides control through iOS and Android platforms as part of the Harman Kardon ecosystem.
- The Harman Kardon Remote app – available from the iTunes App Store for iOS® devices and the Google™ Play service for compatible Android products – extends the functionality of your system by connecting with your compatible smartphone or tablet to drive the HK 3770 – without needing to pick up the remote. It’s also the perfect tool to organize and play back your music from your mobile device and home network.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Stereo Power
- 120 watts per channel, two channels driven @ 6/8 ohms, 20Hz – 20kHz, <0.07% THD
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance
- 250mV/27k ohms
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (IHF-A)
- Frequency Response(@ 1W)
- 10Hz – 130kHz (+0dB/–3dB)
- Power Consumption
- <0.5W (standby)
- Power Requirement
- 120V AC/ 60Hz (USA); 220V-240V AC 50Hz/60Hz (EU)
- Height (in)
- Height (mm)
- Width (in)
- Width (mm)
- Depth (in)
- Depth (mm)
HK 3770 is rated out of 5 by 16.
Rated 2 out of 5 by DLHDragon from the HK 3770 runs hotter than HK 3490 i have had both HK 3770 (120watt per channel) and HK 3490 (120watt per channel) the HK 3770 runs hotter than HK 3490 at -45dB , -40dB and -35dB volume level (at same volume) ( this will make it LESS Durable ) ----------------------------------------------------------- ( HK 3770 ) more Heat = LESS Durable also the HK 3770 uses to much remote control i miss some of the source buttons on the HK 3770 (on the front) , like the HK 3490 had ---------------------------------------------------------- HK 3770 and HK 3490 sound the same on analog audio inputs , but sound Different on digital audio inputs
Date published: 2015-02-20
Rated 4 out of 5 by arch1 from Powerful and clean stereo receiver I have had this receiver for a couple of weeks now and it has proven to be a clean and powerful receiver. I was initially surprised at the light weight of the unit however it must utilize newer technology as the weight does not reflect the performance. Connected readily to my four year old Ipod as well as my new IPhone 5. Still exploring other aspects of connectivity as I am interested in high resolution music files. Instructions are sketchy with limited assistance to connectivity or other control or performance capabilities.
Date published: 2014-04-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Tungi from Great clean sound. I've had this unit for four months now and it's fantastic! I'm running JBL ES80 floor speakers and an Onkyo 10" subwoofer. I primarily use it running my PS4/PS3 and cable, but also use it for music. The DLNA features are great on this unit as well. I'm not an extreme audiophile, but I do appreciate good quality sound and this setup definitely delivers that and much more (Harmon Low/High sound). The only few things I wish this unit had are: Bass/Treble controls on the unit (currently accessible via remote only), wireless (currently only hardwire connection available), and an easier access to accessing your music via Network (currently it's very tedious to go thru a lot of music with no search feature). All in all, I'm pleased with the unit which I use everyday.
Date published: 2015-01-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mistersound1 from Good affordable high current amplifier! Excellent receiver! The only thing I consider important that need to be said is that you need to get the update from harman pardon european site version V000.17 it comes with V000.16 and it adds Balance controls in the tone control button of the remote controller It is in th download section at then end, unzip the file and you will find a pdf with all the instructions to install this very important upgrade http://eu.harmankardon.com/harman-kardon-product-support-detail-eu/hk-3770.html
Date published: 2015-03-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by jpbe from superb sound and design... ... however: HK remote app has an erratic behavior: sometimes the receiver appears, mostly not. (HK3700/network connection through RJ45, DLNA on, Iphone 4s ios9 / wifi network). No app update since feb 2014, this may explain that. The worst in my opinion: power off is working with the app, however NO POWER ON BUTTON (or any electronic entry signal detection on the HK3700). "Le son ancienne ecole rencontre la connectivite actuelle" ? A quoi ca sert la frite, si t'as pas les moules ?
Date published: 2015-10-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mikeyanthony from Very Good Sound I bought the HK 3700 to go with my HK 2.1 speaker system. The sound is excellent. This is audio only and does not support HDMI connection. The HDMI connections are made from the Cable box, DVD Player, etc. to the TV. Audio cables are used to connect the TV to the HK 3700. It's a bit of a headache for those of us who are electronically challenged. But, once the system is set up, all is well with the world.
Date published: 2015-01-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Showman1 from Class A/B amplifier? check! This beast has 40 amps of current to provide to speakers and I tested this with 6 ohm speakers it is 50 % efficient which is typically for a class A/B the previous model it was a wonder of 310 w with 77% efficiency, guess Harman is learning to do proper SMPS, good clean sound in evry in, including the coveted optical coaxial digital inputs for lossless audio, high quality performance
Date published: 2015-02-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by D Wall from A big wrinkle at first, but HK made good. The first unit sent to me died within a week. Harmon Kardons' exchange policy worked as advertised, and they quickly sent me another. The sound is great, the amplifier was able to drive a pair of Kenwood MV-7's (550W speakers) without any decernable frequency loss. While some consider the lack of a balance control a downside, I have always been a stickler for good speaker placement.
Date published: 2014-09-08
Can I use the HKTS200 speakers for this system- also I would like to connect a CD player-can I do that too? What CD player would you recommend
Yes you can use the HKTS 200 2.1 speaker system as the HK3770 is a 2.1 stereo receiver. However, you might want to limit the volume output on the receiver a little bit as the HK3770 has a rated output of 240W RMS and the satellites of the HKTS 200 has a rated input of 200W RMS. With that said, I would highly suggest that you either choose another speaker system to use with the receiver which has a higher rated input(i.e 250W RMS) or a receiver which has a lower rated output(i.e 200W and below). Any CD player would work with the receiver as long as it is compatible with the ports on the receiver(i.e Optical, RCA, Etc...).
Date published: 2016-09-07
Hi, is this amp 4 ohm stable?
Unlike our AVR’s, our HK stereo receivers can handle 4 ohm speakers. How can you tell? If you take a look at the manual, at the rear panel, you will see that you can connect two sets of speakers, both rated at 8 ohms, and page 8 states that you can listen to both sets at the same time. So, if you connect two 8 ohm speakers at the same time, in parallel, the amplifier will see a 4 ohm load.
Date published: 2016-08-16