HK 990Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/harman-kardon/HK+990.html
Item# HK 990
Additional InformationFeaturing a high-current, ultrawide-bandwidth design for uncompromised sonic realism, the HK 990 integrated stereo amplifier outputs a cleaner, louder and more powerful sound than most amplifiers in its class. The reason is simple: by utilizing high-current capability (HCC), which provides the instantaneous current necessary to drive and control nearly any loudspeaker system precisely, the 150-watts-per-channel power amplifier can accommodate more headroom during dynamic program peaks, thereby delivering tighter bass and superb transient response, at any volume level. The end-user benefit is heightened realism for whatever music, movies and multimedia you might be listening to. EzSet/EQÔ II room equalization and system calibration ensure that, in just minutes, your specific room conditions offer the most optimal listening environment.
To complement the HK 990’s 150 watts per channel of motive power, this feature-packed stereo amplifier features fourth-generation Real-Time Linear Smoothing (RLS IV), EzSet/EQÔ II technology for playback optimization, dual subwoofer outputs and an ultrawide bandwidth design crafted to deliver truly precise sound imaging. But that is just the beginning; this powerful amplifier offers a choice of six stereo analog audio and four digital inputs, thereby ensuring compatibility with the signals of your choice.
At A Glance:
Two 150-watt-per-channel amplifiers with high-current capability
Real-Time Linear Smoothing
EzSet/EQ auto calibration
High-resolution synchronization for smooth system connection
Minimal signal disruption
Dual photo inputs
Optimized, dual subwoofer outputs
Heavy-duty, binding-post speaker connectors
Built-in protection plans
Dual analog and digital inputs
Remote control and IR extension
Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
1 Harman Kardon HK 990 two-channel amplifier
1 remote control
4 AAA batteries
1 EzSet/EQ II microphone with 22-foot (6.7-meter) cable
1 AC power cord
- Two 150-watt-per-channel amplifiers with high-current capability
- By leveraging high-current capability (HCC), the HK 990’s150-watt-per-channel, integrated amplifier maintains the instantaneous current required to drive nearly any loudspeaker system, delivering dynamic peaks, tight bass and superb transient response at any volume level.
- Real-Time Linear Smoothing
- Fourth-generation Real-Time Linear Smoothing (RLS IV) minimizes interference during digital-to-analog (DAC) conversion through the use of two high-grade, stereo Analog Devices (AD) 1955 DAC chips – one per channel. The result is richly detailed sound, a noise level that remains locked in the non-audible frequency range and a higher level of jitter rejection.
- EzSet/EQ auto calibration
- To tailor the HK 990’s loudspeaker outputs to match playback volume levels, balance and timing for your specific room conditions automatically, the EzSet/EQ auto-calibration process features an easy-to-follow menu display and a plug-in calibration microphone.
- High-resolution synchronization for smooth system connection
- A special high-resolution synchronization (HRS) link enables jitter-free clock synchronization and data transmission between HRS-link-enabled devices like the HK 990 power amplifier and a suitably equipped Harmon Kardon® CD player. The elimination of at least one stage of digital-to-analog conversion at the CD player’s output, and analog-to-digital conversion at the amplifier’s input, results in clear, enveloping sound. The HRS link is simple to set up using the supplied synchronization cable.
- Minimal signal disruption
- The HK 990’s XLR inputs can receive fully balanced connections that reject both external noise and internal crosstalk from adjacent signal cables. Even better, XLR inputs accommodate increased signal levels for improved signal-to-noise performance.
- Flexible connectivity
- The HK 990 features connections for up to six analog audio devices and two analog recorders. In addition, a total of four digital inputs and one coaxial digital output ensure that the HK 990 will stay compatible with high-performance products of the future.
- Dual phono inputs
- Two, high-quality phono inputs enable connection to record players – fitted with either an MM (moving magnet) or an MC (moving coil) cartridge – that will breathe new life into your collection of vinyl LPs and 45s. Now you can hear all of those classic albums and singles in the best audio quality.
- Optimized, dual subwoofer outputs
- Two dedicated outputs enable smooth low-frequency playback from external subwoofers with a dramatically increased bass response. And built-in EzSet/EQ II technology calibrates subwoofer playback to match your room’s conditions, providing optimized audio no matter where the system is placed.
- Heavy-duty, binding-post speaker connectors
- By accepting banana plugs, spade connectors or bare wire, the HK 990’s binding-post connectors provide secure links for your speaker cables. Color-coding reduces errors when you’re hooking up your speakers to the appropriate channel amplifiers.
- Along with its customary heat-management system, the HK 990 includes the ThermalTrak™ thermal-tracking mechanism, which helps the internal temperature mediate the output current in real time. In addition, two ultralow-noise fans help ensure that the HK 990 always performs at its peak under varying temperature conditions.
- Dual analog and digital inputs
- By leveraging dual-path technology, the HK 990 lets you decide whether to run a pure analog input directly into the amplifier stages or use digital inputs through the amplifier’s digital signal processing (DSP).
- Remote control and IR extension
- Along with masterfully controlling your HK 990, the IR (infrared) remote control is also designed to operate any compatible Harman Kardon CD player, such as the HD 990. There’s even an IR remote extension jack so that you can program your power amplifier remotely.
- Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
- Exemplifying the balance among high style, modern design and audio ingenuity, the HK 990 two-channel amplifier fully embodies the spirit of Harman Kardon innovation, a legacy that discerning audio enthusiasts have revered for almost 60 years. Harman Kardon engineers have consistently advanced the science of sound, developing products that are dedicated to quality, durability and, most importantly, generating rave reviews from audiophiles.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Consumption (full power/idle)
- Power Supply
- AC 120V, 60Hz
- Standby power consumption:
- Power Bandwidth @ Half-Rated output, 8Ω
- 20Hz – 100kHz
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (IHF-A)
- 100dB (Tuner/CD) 75dB (Phono – MC)
- 2.8V (Tuner/CD) 85mV (Phono – MM) 8.5mV (Phono – MC)
- Tone control range, bass @ 100Hz/treble @ 10kHz:
- Dynamic Power (IHF, 1 kHz Tone Burst)
- 220 watts (8 ohms) 440 watts (4 ohms)
- Frequency response @ 1W (+0/–3dB):
- 5Hz – 120kHz
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance
- 350mV/43k ohms (Tuner/CD) 10mV/47k ohms (Phono – MM) 1mV/100k ohms (Phono – MC)
- High Instantaneous Current Capability
- ±200 amps