HKTS 16Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/HKTS+16BQ.html
Item# HKTS 16BQ
Additional InformationIf you’re going to add surround sound to your home playback system, you will want to do it once – and do it right. That’s why the HKTS 16BQ/WQ home theater loudspeaker includes five voice-matched satellite loudspeakers for the center, left/right front and left/right surround channels, in addition to an attention-grabbing, 200-watt powered subwoofer. The speakers are magnetically shielded to prevent interference that can damage your television. Together, the combination creates an immersive, 360-degree surround-sound environment. We’ve engineered all of the system components to work together, resulting in a rich, realistic, all-encompassing sonic performance with convincing sound effects. If you want to adjust the sound, we’ve equipped the subwoofer with phase and bass-boost controls. We’ve even made the system compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands that raise your speakers to ear level, and you can expand the system from 5.1 channels to 7.1 for an even more encompassing sonic experience. The system looks beautiful, too; it’s available in streamlined, glossy black or white to fit into any décor.By delivering movie dialogue, music and effects in this high-quality fashion, the HKTS 16BQ/WQ ensures that you’ll have a best-in-class cinema experience while it elevates your home theater from the ordinary to the truly extraordinary.
Available in a choice of black (BQ) or white (WQ) finish, the HKTS 16BQ/WQ 5.1-channel, home-theater speaker system is engineered to leave an indelible impression on you – from every angle. Offering enhanced audio realism to all your TV, movie and video-game entertainment, this high-performance surround-sound system includes a 200-watt subwoofer that works skillfully in tandem with the voice-matched, two-way satellite and center speakers. Engulf yourself in a 360-degree soundstage as you experience a highly capable and compelling alternative to an often packed and noisy movie multiplex.
At A Glance:
Complete 5.1 home theater surround-sound speaker system
Voice-matched, two-way, 120W satellite speakers
Powerful, down-firing, 200W subwoofer
Stunning modern design
Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
Compatible with HTFS 2 floor stands
Upgradable to 7.1 channels
Harman/Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
4 SAT-TS11satellite speakers for front left/right and surround left/right channels
1 CEN-TS11 center-channel speaker
1 HKTS210SUB powered subwoofer
4 wall-mount brackets for satellite speakers
1 wall-mount bracket for center-channel speaker
1 20' (6m) combination LFE and trigger cable for connection to subwoofer
3 20' (6m) color-coded speaker cables for center speakers and front satellites
2 40' (12m) color-coded speaker cables for rear satellites
- Complete 5.1 home theater surround-sound speaker system
- As a complete home theater package, the HKTS 16BQ/WQ has everything you need – including satellite bases, wall-mounting hardware and all necessary cables – in one box. And by including removable shelf-mount stands and wall-mount brackets for the satellite and center speakers, the system offers you great flexibility for installing the speakers in different locations.
- Voice-matched, two-way, 120W satellite speakers
- The HKTS 16BQ/WQ system’s five voice-matched satellite speakers with dual 3-inch (75-millimeter) midrange drivers and 1/2-inch (13 millimeter) high-frequency tweeters are engineered to work together to produce a rich, realistic, all-encompassing sonic performance with convincing sound effects. You can even place these video-shielded speakers near your TV without causing magnetic interference.
- Powerful, down-firing, 200W subwoofer
- The HKTS 16BQ/WQ’s 200-watt down-firing subwoofer with an 8-inch (200-millimeter) driver offers deep, authoritative low-frequency realism that lends a richness and believability to whatever imagery you’re seeing on screen – while remaining surprisingly unimposing off screen. While viewing an action film, you hear every crash, bang and boom the soundtrack has to offer.
- Stunning modern design
- The HKTS 16BQ/WQ system represents a décor-friendly complement to any entertainment center or home theater. Its contemporary styling incorporates glossy, black (BQ) or white (WQ) accents, polished surfaces and elegant symmetry – elements that are clearly part of the rich Harman Kardon® design heritage. The system’s compact, unobtrusive dimensions offer virtually unlimited installation options.
- Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
- Controls on the HKTS 16BQ/WQ’s 200-watt subwoofer let you fine-tune its bass output for your personal taste and room acoustics. Bass-boost and phase switches also allow you to optimize the subwoofer’s performance, depending upon where you place the speakers. A subwoofer properly in phase with the satellite speakers generates clear, and lifelike sounds for instruments such as drums, piano and plucked strings.
- Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
- Unshielded loudspeaker components can upset the magnetic field in a conventional TV, resulting in visible color shifts and possible long-term damage. But the HKTS 16BQ/WQ’s magnetically shielded loudspeaker components can deliver high-quality, high-performance results even when you place them near a TV.
- LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
- The HKTS 16BQ/WQ includes an LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector that bypasses the subwoofer’s internal, low-pass crossover. As a result, you can use a receiver/processor’s dedicated subwoofer output to provide enhanced low-end performance.
- Compatible with HTFS 2 floor stands
- If wall-mounting is not your preferred method of installation, the optional HTFS 2 floor stands (sold separately) set the HKTS 16BQ/WQ satellite speakers at the ideal, ear-level listening position. The aluminum-extrusion columns, which also include a self-contained wire-management system, will elegantly complementing virtually any décor.
- Upgradable to 7.1 channels
- If you want to move beyond the all-encompassing power of this 5.1-channel surround-sound system, you can easily add a pair of front-height or rear-channel surround loudspeakers – and hence unleash the 7.1-channel capability of your HKTS 16BQ/WQ system. The 7.1 surround-sound format elevates the impact of your entertainment experience with a richer, more thorough soundstage.
- Energy-saving features
- To adhere to European guidelines, the HKTS 16BQ/WQ system uses low standby-power consumption – less than 1 watt – and includes a number of energy-efficient features. For example, an auto-power on/off function automatically controls the subwoofer in response to a relayed voltage or an audio input signal. (If the subwoofer receives no audio signal for 15 minutes, the subwoofer automatically shuts off.) By meeting such “green” standards, this speaker system keeps sound quality high – and your power bill low.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Subwoofer Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 200 watts RMS
- Satellite Sensitivity
- 86dB @ 1 watt/1 meter
- Frequency Response
- 45Hz – 20kHz (-6dB)
- Speaker Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 10 ~ 120 watts
- Satellite Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms nominal
- Speaker Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms nominal
- Speaker Sensitivity
- 86dB @ 1 watt/1 meter
- Satellite Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 10 ~ 120 watts
- Subwoofer Power Requirement
- AC 100–120V, 50/60 Hz, 200W (USA)AC 220–240V, 50/60 Hz, 200W (EU)
- Subwoofer External Trigger Input Voltage
- 3 ~ 30 volts AC/DC
- Subwoofer Woofer
- 8" (200mm) woofer, sealed enclosure
- Speaker Tweeter
- One 3/4" (19mm) dome, video-shielded
Satellite Speaker Specifications:
- Satellite Midrange Transducer
- Dual 3" (75mm) drivers, video-shielded
HKTS 16 is rated out of 5 by 82.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Kizz from Best Bang for my Buck I bought this system when it was on sale. WOW is all I have to say. This system looks beautiful and sounds amazing. The bass sounds is fantastic and speaker quality is top notch. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is for three reasons that are not really a deal killer 1) The satellite speakers are heavy at 13lbs and makes it hard to find cheap stands for them but that just shows the quality of the speaker is excellent. 2) I wish the surround speakers were wireless. 3) The speaker wire gauge could be improved. Overall these are just me looking for things to gripe about. I couldn't be more happier with my purchase and would recommend this setup for anyone.
Date published: 2014-04-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cool4U from Everything I hoped it would be! I have these matched with a Yamaha RX-V375. Prior to these I had some Sony speakers that had come with an "all-in-one" home theater box. Overall sound was ok but there was a lot of, "what did he say?" & "Did you catch that?". But the final straw came on Sunday's. I couldn't hear the commentary when watching football. Not without blasting the volume really loud. And then the surround was louder than being in the stadium! Installed these and, problem solved! Voices are clear, front and center and everything else ticked up a couple of notches as well. I couldn't be happier and would certainly recommend them to anyone.
Date published: 2015-12-20
Rated 4 out of 5 by Glenn from Nice Bought this system for the satellites, already had a good sub. For the sale price, it was well worth it but I decided to try out the sub just for fun. The sub was way better than expected. Using this in a 5.2 setup is ideal I think, since the satellites don't reach down to the lower frequencies, having 2 subs in opposite corners helps to fill in the sound very well. This is a high quality set on its own, but adding a 2nd sub will add balance and potentially add the earth shattering levels of bass that some movies call for. Anyway, well worth the money, they get loud and sound clean. The lady didn't complain too much because the are nice and small as well, so a big plus there!
Date published: 2014-04-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by kmccarthy2 from Great speakers, Great Price Bought these speakers about two weeks ago because I had ghetto paramax surround sound, and wanted to replace. Bought these speakers on crazy sale for 200$, figured I couldn't go wrong. Also bought Yamaha RX-V375 Receiver which happened to be on sale, had great reviews for low end receiver. These speakers in combination with the Yamaha receiver have produced some of the best sound I've ever heard and had. Probably because the paramax was such a piece, but HKTS has crisp clean sound. Loud also. The magnetic shielding is great so no interference from phone which I had been used to.
Date published: 2014-03-26
Rated 5 out of 5 by royda from Excellent offer for excellent speakers I was looking to upgrade my HT speakers, as I had some from a previous dvd system hooked up. I saw this offer and said, ok what the heck, might as well buy the whole kit rather than buy them separately. The speakers feel high quality as soon as you take them out of the box. Nice design, even for cabling (which is something sometimes everyone else neglects). Clear sound, no distortion at high levels (I'm using a Sony STR-DH740), bass produces a smooth, powerful clean beat, and I don't even have bass boost on. Cables and accessories included makes set up really easy and nice. I'm still on the breaking phase, although the instruction manual (I believe) does not include any recommendations on this. Get them!
Date published: 2014-09-30
Rated 4 out of 5 by jimschoice from Nice balanced sound I bought this to replace a set of Infinity speakers that was having some issues with the subwoofer rapidly powering on and off. Plus, I wanted larger satellites for playing music through. These do great for the music as well as normal TV 5.1 surround. My Harman Kardon receiver made the setup very easy as it did it all by itself. My only wish would be that the sub be a little larger for some extra low end. It seemed the Infinity set had a bit more bass but was missing the fullness from the midrange. Oh, and did I mention how beautiful the sub looks? It really is nice.
Date published: 2014-12-27
Rated 4 out of 5 by nascastjc from Good quality & great sound My only issue I have with these is the poor mounting bracket design that these have . There are no speaker stands made for these and bracket for the wall it comes with sits to close to the wall and routing the speaker wires through the small hole in the plastic mount to speaker can be a challenge and you pretty much have to use the wires it comes with since they are a small gauge. The sound is great the quality and the look of the speakers are great. For the $189 these are a great home theater speaker.
Date published: 2016-06-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by ISD703 from Impeccable Sound that doesn't break your budget Like the title states, the sound these speakers produce is incredible and they look great doing it too. I was in the market for smaller more discrete speakers that could fill my living room with sound and even allow anyone in my kitchen to hear what was going on. This fit the bill perfectly and I'm very happy with their quality, both build and sound. Can't go wrong especially if you happen to get the with a little discount. HK makes great products and these came very quickly and well packaged.
Date published: 2016-01-14
Is it compitable with technics SA-DX940 5.1?
The Technics SA-DX940 5.1 has a rated output of 100W(RMS) per channel and the HKTS 16 has a rated power handling of 120W(RMS). With that said, the aforementioned Amp is compatible with the HKTS 16 speaker system.
Date published: 2016-09-24
Hello. I have an Onkyo HT-R380 receiver rated at 100 Watts/Channel @ 6 ohms. Is the HKTS 16 compatible with my receiver? Also, my receiver only supports passive subs. If I use the speaker level inputs on the sub, I should not have any issues right?
The HKTS16 is a passive speaker system with a powered subwoofer and they can handle up to 120 watts per channel. This means that they can handle, and will work well with your receiver. So yes, the sub will work fine using the speaker inputs.
Date published: 2016-07-28
Under the power section for the sub woofer the specs state 'AC 100–120V, 50/60 Hz, 200W (USA)AC 220–240V, 50/60 Hz, 200W (EU)' are these two separate models or can the unit run in both power regions?
The unit can run in both regions as they have the same power rating, it would all come down to the cable plug used in each region. US and EU regions have different versions of power plugs.
Date published: 2016-07-05
what is the best speaker wire to use for the HKTS 16bq 5.1 system
Thick wire gauges(12 or 14 gauge) is recommended for long wire, high power and or low-impedance speaker applications. For relatively short distance wiring application(less than 50 feet from source), 16 or 14 gauge wires would work fine for the setup. With that said, it would really depend on how long or how you would place your speakers.
Date published: 2016-06-13
I have a x-box one connected to my Tv. Will this be sufficient to connect the HKTS 16 or Do I need to buy a 5.1 Receiver ? Will this work for the Pioneer VSX-530-K ?
The HKTS 16 speaker system is not a stand alone speaker system. With that said,the system needs an amplifier or a receiver to work. You can connect the speakers to any amplifiers, just make sure that the power output of the amplifier doesn't exceed 150W or you will risk the speakers to blow.
Date published: 2016-05-23
Can I run this with Yamaha RX-V379 reciever ?
Your Yamaha receiver can put out up to 70 watts of RMS power per channel while these speakers can handle up to 120 watts. So yes, these speakers will be able to handle the power of your receiver without any issue.
Date published: 2016-05-10
Will I need receiver for this home theater system?
The HKTS16 is a passive speaker system with a powered subwoofer. It must be connected to a surround sound receiver in order to function.
Date published: 2016-04-22
hi I want to buy this but I don't know why that I cannot check out successfully. All the information are correctly but still cannot check out.
We are only able to sell in the USA. If you have an international address or if your credit card is international, the system will not complete your order.
Date published: 2016-04-22