HKTS 20Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/HKTS+20BQ.html
Item# HKTS 20BQ
Additional InformationEngineered to serve as the complete home theater loudspeaker package, the HKTS 20BQ system integrates high-performance 5.1-channel speakers – front and rear satellites, plus a center loudspeaker – with a subwoofer in one sophisticated offering. The combination of dual-driver, center-channel speakers for replaying distinct movie dialogue, powerful satellites that envelop you in all the high energy of the best entertainment and a powered sub for low-frequency thrills makes this speaker system more than equal to handling the sonic excitement of Hollywood blockbusters and your favorite musical offerings. Constant-directivity waveguides fitted to the satellite speakers’ soft-dome tweeters decrease their directivity at high frequencies to produce a wide stereo image across a large listening area. The system looks elegant as well; the speakers’ black finish and streamlined structures will fit into any interior design. And it’s flexible; you can use HTFS 3/E floor stands to place the speakers at ear height and add additional speakers to change the system from 5.1 channels to 7.1. This six-piece system provides a best-in-class cinema experience while elevating your home theater from the ordinary to the truly extraordinary.
With a dual-driver center-channel speaker for vivid, distinct movie dialogue, four compact yet powerful satellites to pull you into the action and a 200-watt powered subwoofer for heart-stopping bass, the HKTS 20BQ home theater speaker system is more than equal to all the excitement that Hollywood can deliver. This complete, six-piece package includes all you need to connect the speakers to your receiver or pre-amp/processor and amplifier, including removable bases and wall-mount brackets for the satellite speakers and all of the necessary cables.
At A Glance:
Complete 5.1 home theater surround-sound speaker system
Four two-way, 120W satellite speakers
Voice-matched, 120W dual-driver center speaker
Powerful, 200W down-firing subwoofer
Stunning, décor-complementing modern design
Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
Compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands
Upgradable to 7.1 channels
Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
4 SAT-TS20 satellite speakers for front left/right and surround left/right channels
1 CEN-TS20/30 center-channel speaker
1 HKTS200SUB powered subwoofer
4 wall-mount brackets for satellite speakers
1 wall-mount bracket for center speaker
4 metal stop plates and screws for satellite-speaker wall-mount brackets
1 20' (6m) combination LFE and trigger cable for connection to subwoofer
1 13.1' (4m) color-coded cable for center speaker
2 16.4' (5m) color-coded cables for front satellites
2 32.8' (10m) color-coded cables for rear satellites
- Complete 5.1 home theater surround-sound speaker system
- As a complete home theater package, the HKTS 20BQ has everything you need – including satellite bases, wall-mounting hardware and all necessary cables – in one box. And by including removable shelf-mount stands and wall-mount brackets for the satellite and center speakers, the system offers you great flexibility for installing the speakers in different locations.
- Four two-way, 120W satellite speakers
- Four voice-matched satellite speakers with a single 3-inch (75-millimeter) midrange drivers and 3/4-inch (19-millimeter), high-frequency dome tweeters produce a rich, realistic, all-encompassing sonic performance with convincing sound effects. You can place these video-shielded speakers near your TV without causing magnetic interference.
- Voice-matched, 120W dual-driver center speaker
- The HKTS 20BQ’s center-channel speaker features tandem 3-inch (75-millimeter) midrange drivers and a 3/4-inch (19-millimeter) high-frequency dome tweeter for clear, precise dialogue from movies, TV shows or other media created for a multichannel sound system. Constant-directivity waveguides decrease the tweeter’s directivity at high frequencies. The result is a wide stereo image across a large listening area.
- Powerful, 200W down-firing subwoofer
- The HKTS 20BQ’s 200-watt, down-firing subwoofer with an 8-inch (200-millimeter) driver offers deep, authoritative low-frequency realism that lends a richness and believability to whatever imagery you’re seeing on screen – while remaining surprisingly unimposing off-screen. The subwoofer lends an impressive richness and credibility to your home theater experience.
- Stunning, décor-complementing modern design
- The HKTS 20BQ represents a décor-friendly complement to any entertainment center or home theater. Its contemporary styling incorporates glossy, black accents, polished surfaces and elegant symmetry – elements that are clearly part of the rich Harman Kardon® design heritage. The system’s compact, unobtrusive dimensions offer virtually unlimited installation options.
- Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
- Controls on the HKTS 20BQ’s 200-watt subwoofer let you fine-tune its bass output for your personal taste and room acoustics. Bass-boost and phase switches also allow you to optimize subwoofer performance, depending upon where you place the speakers. A subwoofer properly in phase with the satellite speakers generates clear and lifelike sounds for instruments such as drums, piano and plucked strings.
- Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
- Unshielded loudspeaker components can upset the magnetic field in a conventional TV, resulting in visible color shifts and possible long-term damage. But the HKTS 20BQ’s magnetically shielded loudspeaker components can deliver high-quality, high-performance results even when you place them near a TV. Now, whether you are watching a traditional CRT or a flat-panel TV, you can continue watching undisturbed.
- LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
- The HKTS 20BQ includes an LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector that bypasses the subwoofer’s internal low-pass crossover. As a result, you can use a receiver/processor’s dedicated subwoofer output to provide better low-end performance.
- Compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands
- If wall-mounting is not your preferred method of installation, optional HTFS 3/E floor stands (sold separately) set the HKTS 20BQ satellite speakers at the ideal ear-level listening position. The aluminum-extrusion columns, which also include a self-contained wire-management system, will elegantly complement virtually any décor.
- Upgradable to 7.1 channels
- If you want to move beyond the all-encompassing power of this 5.1-channel surround-sound system, you can easily add a pair of front-height or rear-channel surround loudspeakers – and hence unleash the 7.1-channel capability of your HKTS 20BQ system. The 7.1 surround-sound format elevates the impact of your entertainment experience with a richer, more thorough soundstage.
- Energy-saving features
- To adhere to European guidelines, the HKTS 20BQ system uses low standby-power consumption – less than 1 watt – and includes a number of energy-efficient features. For example, an auto-power on/off function automatically controls the subwoofer in response to a relayed voltage or an audio-input signal. (If the subwoofer doesn’t receive an audio signal for 15 minutes, it automatically shuts off.) By meeting such “green” standards, this speaker system keeps sound quality high – and your power bill low.
- Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
- Exemplifying the balance among high style, modern design and audio ingenuity, the HKTS 20BQ home-theater system embodies the spirit of Harman Kardon innovation, a legacy that discerning audio enthusiasts have revered for almost 60 years. Harman Kardon engineers have consistently advanced the science of sound, developing products that are dedicated to quality, durability and, most importantly, generating rave reviews from audiophiles.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Speaker Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms nominal
- Satellite Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms nominal
- Frequency Response
- 45Hz – 20kHz (-6dB)
- Speaker Sensitivity
- 86dB @ 2.83V/1 meter
- Satellite Sensitivity
- 83dB @ 2.83V/1 meter
- Satellite Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 10 ~ 80 watts
- Speaker Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 10 ~ 120 watts
- Subwoofer Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 200 watts RMS
- Subwoofer Bass
- 8" woofer, sealed enclosure
- Subwoofer External Trigger Input Voltage
- 3 ~ 30 volts AC/DC
- Subwoofer Input Rating
- AC 100–120V, 50/60 Hz, 200W orAC 220–240V, 50/60 Hz, 200W
- Speaker Tweeter
- One 3/4" (19mm) dome, video-shielded
- Speaker Midrange Transducer
- Dual 3" (75mm) drivers, video-shielded
Satellite Speaker Specifications:
- Satellite Midrange Transducer
- One 3" (75mm) driver, video-shielded
HKTS 20 is rated out of 5 by 10.
Rated 2 out of 5 by xanathesia from Disappointing The receiver worked for a couple of weeks but has now developed a condition wherein, when the receiver is powered up, it does not output any sound to the speakers. Turning it off and on a few times addresses the issue, but it has been happening with increasing frequency. Also, if I let it sit for a few minutes in its "silent" mode, it seems to fix itself eventually. Not the kind of behavior I expect from a Harmon Kardon product.
Date published: 2016-09-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by Dave P from Great sound, good size. Base is awesome... These are really great speakers, and they really are crystal clear paired with my Denon 7.2 recieved. I only use 5.1, but that's really all I need right now. My only critique are the mounts. I found them difficult to deal with and would prefer just a simple one or two hole mounting system.
Date published: 2016-08-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by Gmoney24 from Amazing sound Just got these in and WOW! Got them on sale for 220.00 way more than I expected for that price. Sub is tight and the staging is perfect.
Date published: 2016-04-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by mlmillines from Awesome addition Bought a few weeks ago and I must say these speakers sounds awesome wit a bunch of features. Love it so much I also bought HKTS 16.
Date published: 2016-07-01
Rated 5 out of 5 by Audio guy from Buy them if they are below 200$ They are great sub is better then expected. Not too much of that theater sub so I bought a bigger sub on the side for 5.2 system
Date published: 2016-06-30
Rated 4 out of 5 by bs bs from Sound Great These HKTS 20 speakers sound better than the $3,000 speakers they replaced.
Date published: 2016-06-30
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sonnyboy from sounds great Awesome sound, looks great, easy install, everything you need to install
Date published: 2016-04-24
Rated 4 out of 5 by mountain man from great sound nice speakers put them in my man cave and they sound great
Date published: 2016-05-26
Which compatible Amplifier should I use with HKTS 20 speakers?
Any amplifier that can output at least 80W is compatible with the HKTS 20 system.
Date published: 2016-08-07
How much weight would come as whole speaker system as package.
It's approximately 41 pounds.
Date published: 2016-06-24
Does this need a separate receiver
The HKTS20 is a passive speaker system with a powered subwoofer. It must be connected to a surround sound receiver in order to function.
Date published: 2016-04-22