HKTS 200Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/harman-kardon/HKTS+200.html
Additional InformationDesigned to serve as an expandable home theater loudspeaker package, the HKTS 200BQ is the foundation of a music and film fan’s dream system. Harman Kardon® engineers have designed all of the system’s components to work together, resulting in a rich and realistic sonic performance. Two voice-matched left and right speakers, with powerful flat-diaphragm, midrange drivers and smooth CMMD® Lite dome tweeters, are partnered with a lusty, down-firing subwoofer to ensure a fully balanced playback environment. You can place these video-shielded speakers near your TV without causing magnetic interference, while carefully engineered, 2-1/2-way crossovers help ensure smooth transitions between the satellite speakers’ high-frequency tweeters and midrange drivers. The speakers look beautiful, too, thanks to glossy, streamlined black exteriors that fit any interior design. The system is compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands (to place the speakers at ear level) and additional speakers (to expand the system to 5.1 or 7.1 channels). By elevating your home theater from the ordinary to the truly extraordinary, the HKTS 200BQ ensures that you’ll have a best-in-class 2.1-channel cinema experience.Request an Exchange
Standing as a striking testimony to the prowess of Harman Kardon® engineers, the compact HKTS 200BQ 2.1-channel powerhouse lets film lovers experience theater-quality playback in the comfort and convenience of their living rooms. The system’s 200-watt subwoofer offers deep, authoritative bass that heightens the realism of any TV show or sports event. And its right and left satellite speakers have CMMD® Lite dome tweeters and flat-diaphragm, midrange drivers for smooth, powerful audio reproduction. Designed to deliver unparalleled playback, this versatile home theater system is your ticket to an in-home, enveloping cinematic experience.
At a Glance:
Complete 2.1-channel home theater surround-sound system
Two 2-1/2-way, 150W satellite speakers with CMMD Lite tweeters
Powerful, down-firing, 200W subwoofer
Stunning, décor-complementing modern design
Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
Compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands
Upgradable to 5.1 and 7.1 channels
Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
2 SAT-TS60 satellite speakers for left and right channels
1 HKTS200SUB/HKTS210SUB powered subwoofer
2 wall-mount brackets for satellite speakers
2 metal stop plates and screws for satellite speaker wall-mount brackets
1 20' (6m) combination LFE and trigger cable for connection to subwoofer
2 16.4' (5m) color-coded cables for front satellites
- Complete 2.1-channel home theater surround-sound system
- As a complete home theater package, the HKTS 200BQ has everything you need – including satellite bases, wall-mounting hardware and all necessary cables – in one box. And by including removable shelf-mount stands and wall-mount brackets for the satellite speakers, the system offers you great flexibility for installing the speakers in different locations.
- Two 2-1/2-way, 150W satellite speakers with CMMD Lite tweeters
- Two voice-matched satellite speakers with single 3-inch (75-millimeter) flat-diaphragm midrange drivers and 1-inch (25 millimeter) CMMD Lite high-frequency dome tweeters produce a rich, realistic, all-encompassing sonic performance with convincing sound effects. You can place these video-shielded speakers near your TV without causing magnetic interference. A 2-1/2-way crossover function helps ensure smooth transitions between the satellite speakers’ midrange drivers and tweeters.
- Powerful, down-firing, 200W subwoofer
- The HKTS 200BQ’s 200-watt, down-firing subwoofer with an 8-inch (200-millimeter) driver offers deep, authoritative low-frequency realism that lends a richness and believability to whatever imagery you’re seeing on screen – while remaining surprisingly unimposing off-screen. The subwoofer lends impressive power and credibility to your home theater experience.
- Stunning, décor-complementing modern design
- The HKTS 200BQ represents a décor-friendly complement to any entertainment center or home theater. Its contemporary styling incorporates glossy, black accents, polished surfaces and elegant symmetry – elements that are clearly part of the rich Harman Kardon design heritage. The system’s compact, unobtrusive dimensions offer virtually unlimited installation options.
- Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
- Controls on the HKTS 200BQ’s 200-watt subwoofer let you fine-tune its bass output to your personal taste and room acoustics. Bass-boost and phase switches also allow you to optimize subwoofer performance, depending upon where you place the speakers. A subwoofer properly in phase with the satellite speakers generates clear and lifelike sounds for instruments such as drums, piano and plucked strings.
- Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
- Unshielded loudspeaker components can upset the magnetic field in a conventional TV, resulting in visible color shifts and possible long-term damage. But the HKTS 200BQ’s magnetically shielded loudspeaker components can deliver high-quality, high-performance results even when you place them near a TV.
- LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
- The HKTS 200BQ includes an LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector that bypasses the subwoofer’s internal, low-pass crossover. As a result, you can use a receiver/processor’s dedicated subwoofer output to provide better low-end performance.
- Compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands
- In case wall-mounting is not your preferred method of installation, the optional HTFS 3/E floor stands (sold separately) set the HKTS 200BQ satellite speakers at the ideal ear-level listening position. The aluminum-extrusion columns, which also include a self-contained wire-management system, will elegantly complement virtually any décor.
- Upgradable to 5.1 and 7.1 channels
- If you want to move up to the all-encompassing power of this surround-sound system, you can easily add a center-channel speaker and additional satellite loudspeakers – and hence unleash the 5.1- or 7.1-channel capability of your HKTS 200BQ system to deliver a richer, more thorough soundstage.
- Energy-saving features
- To adhere to European guidelines, the HKTS 200BQ system uses low standby-power consumption – less than 1 watt – and includes a number of energy-efficient features. For example, an auto-power on/off function automatically controls the subwoofer in response to a relayed voltage or an audio-input signal. (If the subwoofer receives no audio signal for 15 minutes, it automatically shuts off.) By meeting such “green” standards, this speaker system keeps sound quality high – and your power bill low.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 Ohms
- Satellite Frequency Response
- 35Hz - 20kHz (-6dB)
- 83 dB (2.83V@1m)
- Antenna terminals
- 75 Ohms, unbalanced
- Subwoofer_Frequency Response
- 45Hz – 200Hz (–6dB)
- Subwoofer Depth (in)
- Satellite Depth (in)
- Subwoofer Depth (mm)
- Satellite Width (in)
- Satellite Width (mm)
- Satellite Height (in)
- Subwoofer Height (mm)
- Satelitte Depth (mm)
- 3.8 kg
- Subwoofer Width (mm)
- Subwoofer Width (in)
- Satellite Height (mm)
- Subwoofer Height (in)
HKTS 200 is rated out of 5 by 9.
Rated 5 out of 5 by MrBearly from Great Sound For The Size I recently bought this for my home theater system, which is located in my "Great Room" that measures 29' x 24'. I decided to go with this system because it fit well within the available space. I placed the two small speakers on the sides of my TV stand (Z-Line ZL51744MIXU Stand/Mount for 55-Inch TV), and I positioned the subwoofer in the corner. I am driving these speakers with an HK 1710 AVR. So far the results are impressive (to me) especially considering the size and acoustics of the room. My wife also approves of the sound and compact size. It took a few days to adjust the subwoofer volume, but we now have it set to a level that we both appreciate. I looked at a lot of options before picking this, and believe this was a good value.
Date published: 2015-03-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by bigbad from replaced a 10" subwoofer I bot it about 6 mouth a go and it is working better then i expected. It replaced a 10" subwoofer it sounds better then that very happy with it
Date published: 2016-01-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jackie27 from Awesome system, you will not regret purchasing. I bought these a couple of weeks ago and man do they really pull out some great sound. I have compared these to a 5.1 pioneer surround sound a family member of mine has and these blow them out of proportion and thats cause these only have 2 speakers, I can only imagine the carnage they offer as a 5.1. The speaker stands could be better but seem durable. Very easy install, had them set up in less than 5 mins. I have a 12in sub in my car and compared to this 8in, the hk is so much cleaner, not as loud obviously but extremely comforting, not too boomy, and not too punchy. Excellent intro home theatre experience.
Date published: 2014-11-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Skulivan from Awesome Sound! I searched for a very long time for a powered sub woofer that wouldn't put me in the poorhouse. Then I remembered, from my earlier years, the name Harmon Kardon! So I went to their page and browsed speakers, thinking I couldn't afford anything that would put the 'Boom in da Room!' Well, I came across this set of relatively inexpensive set of sub woofer speakers. They were affordable so I bought them. And what a find I'd made!!! After hooking them up and configuring my 'component' stereo, I was amazed at the sound: I could hear everything -- the highs, the lows (boom-boom) and everything in between. Wow! is all I can say. If you're looking for extra fullness in your listening space...This is the way to go!!!
Date published: 2015-02-26
Rated 4 out of 5 by JoeD from Just as I hoped I had a smallish room to fill and did NOT want a 5+1 type system. I have a fine one and it makes all my jazz and band 78's, however carefully digitized, sound like mush. My favorite movies only sometimes even have stereo. This little system fills the bill perfectly. It has remarkably fine sound after break-in and the sub-woofer can be adjusted (knob on the rear) to shake the dust off my bookshelves. The sweet spot from the front speakers is wider than I am used to, even on my surround system, but clear and the spatial positioning of instruments in an orchestra or combo well defined. Disco (name your poison) and electronic music (e.g Jarre or Synergy) sound very much as-mixed. I am entirely pleased.
Date published: 2014-04-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by dave from Phenomenal home theater solution I purchased this system (HKTS 200) back in August b/c I wanted a subwoofer that you could feel without spending a fortune. This subwoofer kicks. It's a deep and responsive speaker that disperses sound perfectly through the room. Don't let the size fool you, this sub is nuts. The fronts are very powerful and look great. I don't believe in purchasing 5.1 systems as a package, I prefer to build. HKTS 200 was a great solution for my fronts and sub.
Date published: 2014-02-09
Rated 4 out of 5 by Matt from Speaker very good Mount coming with speaker is not strong enough, fix to wall and also not compactable with other strong speaker mount.
Date published: 2014-03-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by NMBryanM from Lots of bass I replaced a tv brand sound bar with a woofer, with a AV receiver and these speakers and I can really tell the difference. The voices are clear and the bass is rumbly without being muddy. Before playing music on my AppleTV just didn't cut it, and now it sounds great
Date published: 2014-10-20
1 Year Electronics / 5 Year Loudspeaker Warranty
Products purchased online or from an authorized local retailer and under warranty may qualify for an exchange with a valid receipt.
Purchases made from an unauthorized dealer will not be eligible for exchange.