At A Glance:
Complete 2.1-channel home theater surround-sound system
Two 2-1/2-way, 150W satellite speakers with CMMD Lite tweeters
Powerful, down-firing, 200W subwoofer
Stunning, décor-complementing modern design
Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
Compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands
Upgradable to 5.1 and 7.1 channels
Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
2 SAT-TS60 satellite speakers for left and right channels
1 HKTS200SUB/HKTS210SUB powered subwoofer
2 wall-mount brackets for satellite speakers
2 metal stop plates and screws for satellite speaker wall-mount brackets
1 20' (6m) combination LFE and trigger cable for connection to subwoofer
2 16.4' (5m) color-coded cables for front satellites
Standing as a striking testimony to the prowess of Harman Kardon® engineers, the compact HKTS 200BQ 2.1-channel powerhouse lets film lovers experience theater-quality playback in the comfort and convenience of their living rooms. The system’s 200-watt subwoofer offers deep, authoritative bass that heightens the realism of any TV show or sports event. And its right and left satellite speakers have CMMD® Lite dome tweeters and flat-diaphragm, midrange drivers for smooth, powerful audio reproduction. Designed to deliver unparalleled playback, this versatile home theater system is your ticket to an in-home, enveloping cinematic experience.
- Complete 2.1-channel home theater surround-sound system
- As a complete home theater package, the HKTS 200BQ has everything you need – including satellite bases, wall-mounting hardware and all necessary cables – in one box. And by including removable shelf-mount stands and wall-mount brackets for the satellite speakers, the system offers you great flexibility for installing the speakers in different locations.
- Two 2-1/2-way, 150W satellite speakers with CMMD Lite tweeters
- Two voice-matched satellite speakers with single 3-inch (75-millimeter) flat-diaphragm midrange drivers and 1-inch (25 millimeter) CMMD Lite high-frequency dome tweeters produce a rich, realistic, all-encompassing sonic performance with convincing sound effects. You can place these video-shielded speakers near your TV without causing magnetic interference. A 2-1/2-way crossover function helps ensure smooth transitions between the satellite speakers’ midrange drivers and tweeters.
- Powerful, down-firing, 200W subwoofer
- The HKTS 200BQ’s 200-watt, down-firing subwoofer with an 8-inch (200-millimeter) driver offers deep, authoritative low-frequency realism that lends a richness and believability to whatever imagery you’re seeing on screen – while remaining surprisingly unimposing off-screen. The subwoofer lends impressive power and credibility to your home theater experience.
- Stunning, décor-complementing modern design
- The HKTS 200BQ represents a décor-friendly complement to any entertainment center or home theater. Its contemporary styling incorporates glossy, black accents, polished surfaces and elegant symmetry – elements that are clearly part of the rich Harman Kardon design heritage. The system’s compact, unobtrusive dimensions offer virtually unlimited installation options.
- Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
- Controls on the HKTS 200BQ’s 200-watt subwoofer let you fine-tune its bass output to your personal taste and room acoustics. Bass-boost and phase switches also allow you to optimize subwoofer performance, depending upon where you place the speakers. A subwoofer properly in phase with the satellite speakers generates clear and lifelike sounds for instruments such as drums, piano and plucked strings.
- Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
- Unshielded loudspeaker components can upset the magnetic field in a conventional TV, resulting in visible color shifts and possible long-term damage. But the HKTS 200BQ’s magnetically shielded loudspeaker components can deliver high-quality, high-performance results even when you place them near a TV.
- LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
- The HKTS 200BQ includes an LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector that bypasses the subwoofer’s internal, low-pass crossover. As a result, you can use a receiver/processor’s dedicated subwoofer output to provide better low-end performance.
- Compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands
- In case wall-mounting is not your preferred method of installation, the optional HTFS 3/E floor stands (sold separately) set the HKTS 200BQ satellite speakers at the ideal ear-level listening position. The aluminum-extrusion columns, which also include a self-contained wire-management system, will elegantly complement virtually any décor.
- Upgradable to 5.1 and 7.1 channels
- If you want to move up to the all-encompassing power of this surround-sound system, you can easily add a center-channel speaker and additional satellite loudspeakers – and hence unleash the 5.1- or 7.1-channel capability of your HKTS 200BQ system to deliver a richer, more thorough soundstage.
- Energy-saving features
- To adhere to European guidelines, the HKTS 200BQ system uses low standby-power consumption – less than 1 watt – and includes a number of energy-efficient features. For example, an auto-power on/off function automatically controls the subwoofer in response to a relayed voltage or an audio-input signal. (If the subwoofer receives no audio signal for 15 minutes, it automatically shuts off.) By meeting such “green” standards, this speaker system keeps sound quality high – and your power bill low.
- Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
- Exemplifying the balance among high style, modern design and audio ingenuity, the HKTS 200BQ home theater system embodies the spirit of Harman Kardon innovation, a legacy that discerning audio enthusiasts have revered for almost 60 years. Harman Kardon engineers have consistently advanced the science of sound, developing products that are dedicated to quality, durability and, most importantly, generating rave reviews from audiophiles.
Manuals & Downloads:
Designed to serve as an expandable home theater loudspeaker package, the HKTS 200BQ is the foundation of a music and film fan’s dream system. Harman Kardon® engineers have designed all of the system’s components to work together, resulting in a rich and realistic sonic performance. Two voice-matched left and right speakers, with powerful flat-diaphragm, midrange drivers and smooth CMMD® Lite dome tweeters, are partnered with a lusty, down-firing subwoofer to ensure a fully balanced playback environment. You can place these video-shielded speakers near your TV without causing magnetic interference, while carefully engineered, 2-1/2-way crossovers help ensure smooth transitions between the satellite speakers’ high-frequency tweeters and midrange drivers. The speakers look beautiful, too, thanks to glossy, streamlined black exteriors that fit any interior design. The system is compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands (to place the speakers at ear level) and additional speakers (to expand the system to 5.1 or 7.1 channels). By elevating your home theater from the ordinary to the truly extraordinary, the HKTS 200BQ ensures that you’ll have a best-in-class 2.1-channel cinema experience.
||75 Ohms, unbalanced||
|Satellite Frequency Response
||35Hz - 20kHz (-6dB)||
||83 dB (2.83V@1m)||
||45Hz – 200Hz (–6dB)||
|Satellite Height (in)
|Satellite Height (mm)
|Satellite Width (in)
|Satellite Width (mm)
|Satellite Depth (in)
|Satellite Depth (mm)
|Subwoofer Height (in)
|Subwoofer Height (mm)
|Subwoofer Width (in)
|Subwoofer Width (mm)
|Subwoofer Depth (in)
|Subwoofer Depth (mm)
Satellite Speaker Specifications:
||35Hz - 20kHz (-6dB)||