At A Glance:
Complete 5.1-channel home theater surround-sound system
Four 2-1/2-way, 150W satellite speakers with CMMD Lite tweeters
Voice-matched, 150W dual-driver center speaker
Powerful, 200W down-firing subwoofer
Stunning, décor-complementing modern design
Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
Compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands
Upgradable to 7.1 channels
Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
4 SAT-TS60 satellite speakers for front left/right and surround left/right channels
1 CEN-TS60 center-channel speaker
1 HKTS200SUB powered subwoofer
4 wall-mount brackets for satellite speakers
1 wall-mount bracket for center speaker
4 metal stop plates and screws for satellite-speaker wall-mount brackets
1 20' (6m) combination LFE and trigger cable for connection to subwoofer
1 13.1' (4m) color-coded cable for center speaker
2 16.4' (5m) color-coded cables for front satellites
2 32.8' (10m) color-coded cables for rear satellites
Standing as another striking testimony to the prowess of Harman Kardon® engineers, the HKTS 60BQ 5.1-channel powerhouse lets film lovers experience theater-quality playback in the comfort and convenience of their living rooms. The system’s 200-watt subwoofer offers deep, authoritative bass that heightens the realism of any TV show or sports event, and its CMMD® Lite dome tweeters give you spectacular high tones. Designed to deliver unparalleled playback, this versatile home theater system is your ticket to an in-home, enveloping cinematic experience of which dreams are made.
- Complete 5.1-channel home theater surround-sound system
- As a complete home theater package, the HKTS 60BQ has everything you need – including satellite bases, wall-mounting hardware and all necessary cables – in one box. And by including removable shelf-mount stands and wall-mount brackets for the satellite and center speakers, the system offers you great flexibility for installing the speakers in different locations.
- Four , 2-1/2-way, 150W satellite speakers with CMMD Lite tweeters
- Four voice-matched satellite speakers with dual 3-inch (75-millimeter) flat-diaphragm midrange drivers and 1-inch (25-millimeter) CMMD Lite high-frequency dome tweeters produce a rich, realistic, all-encompassing sonic performance with convincing sound effects. You can place these video-shielded speakers near your TV without causing magnetic interference. A 2-1/2-way crossover function helps ensure smooth transitions between the satellite speakers’ midrange drivers and tweeters.
- Voice-matched, 150W dual-driver center speaker
- The HKTS 60BQ’s center-channel speaker features a pair of 3-inch (75-millimeter) flat-diaphragm midrange drivers and a 1-inch (25 millimeter) CMMD Lite dome tweeter for clear, precise dialogue from movies, TV shows or other media created for a multichannel sound system. Constant-directivity waveguides decrease the tweeter’s directivity at high frequencies. The result is a wide stereo image across a large listening area.
- Powerful, 200W down-firing subwoofer
- The HKTS60BQ’s 200-watt, down-firing subwoofer with an 8-inch (200-millimeter) driver offers deep, authoritative low-frequency realism that lends a richness and believability to whatever imagery you’re seeing on screen – while remaining surprisingly unimposing off-screen. The subwoofer lends an impressive richness and credibility to your home theater experience.
- Stunning, décor-complementing modern design
- The HKTS 60BQ represents a décor-friendly complement to any entertainment center or home theater. Its contemporary styling incorporates glossy, black accents, polished surfaces and elegant symmetry – elements that are clearly part of the rich Harman Kardon design heritage. The system’s compact, unobtrusive dimensions offer virtually unlimited installation options.
- Bass-boost controls and phase switches for subwoofer
- Controls on the HKTS 60BQ’s 200-watt subwoofer let you fine-tune its bass output for your personal taste and room acoustics. Bass-boost and phase switches allow you to optimize subwoofer performance, depending upon where you place the speakers. A subwoofer properly in phase with the satellite speakers generates clear and lifelike sounds for instruments such as drums, piano and plucked strings.
- Magnetically shielded loudspeaker components
- Unshielded loudspeaker components can upset the magnetic field in a conventional TV, resulting in visible color shifts and possible long-term damage. But the HKTS 60BQ’s magnetically shielded loudspeaker components can deliver high-quality, high-performance results even when you place them near a TV.
- LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector
- The HKTS 60BQ includes an LFE (low-frequency effects) input connector that bypasses the subwoofer’s internal low-pass crossover. As a result, you can use a receiver/processor’s dedicated subwoofer output to provide better low-end performance.
- Compatible with HTFS 3/E floor stands
- In case wall-mounting is not your preferred method of installation, optional HTFS 3/E floor stands (sold separately) set the HKTS 60BQ satellite speakers at the ideal ear-level listening position. The aluminum-extrusion columns, which also include a self-contained wire-management system, will elegantly complement virtually any décor.
- Upgradable to 7.1 channels
- If you want to move beyond the all-encompassing power of this 5.1-channel surround-sound system, you can easily add a pair of front-height or rear-channel surround loudspeakers – and hence unleash the 7.1-channel capability of your HKTS 60BQ system. The 7.1 surround-sound format elevates the impact of your entertainment experience with a richer, more thorough soundstage.
- Energy-saving features
- To adhere to European guidelines, the HKTS 60BQ system uses low standby-power consumption – less than 1 watt – and includes a number of energy-efficient features. For example, an auto-power on/off function automatically controls the subwoofer in response to a relayed voltage or an audio-input signal. (If the subwoofer doesn’t receive an audio signal for 15 minutes, it automatically shuts off.) By meeting such “green” standards, this speaker system keeps sound quality high – and your power bill low.
- Harman/Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
- Exemplifying the balance among high style, modern design and audio ingenuity, the HKTS 60BQ home-theater system embodies the spirit of Harman Kardon innovation, a legacy that discerning audio enthusiasts have revered for almost 60 years. Harman Kardon engineers have consistently advanced the science of sound, developing products that are dedicated to quality, durability and, most importantly, generating rave reviews from audiophiles.
Manuals & Downloads:
Designed to serve as a fully integrated home theater loudspeaker package, the HKTS 60BQ is a music and film fan’s dream system. Harman Kardon® engineers have crafted all of the system components to work together, resulting in a rich, realistic, all-encompassing sonic performance. Five voice-matched satellite loudspeakers with powerful flat-diaphragm midrange drivers and smooth-sounding CMMD® Lite dome tweeters for the front and surround channels are augmented with a lusty, down-firing subwoofer to ensure a fully balanced playback environment. You can place the video-shielded speakers near your TV without causing magnetic interference, while the system’s carefully engineered 2-1/2-way crossovers help ensure smooth transitions between the satellite speakers’ high-frequency tweeters and midrange drivers. The system comes with a variety of cables and mounting brackets that help you place the speakers nearly anywhere you want. And you can expand the system even further by upgrading it to 7.1 channels and adding HTFS 3/E floor stands. By elevating your home theater from the ordinary to the truly extraordinary, the HKTS 60BQ ensures that you’ll have a best-in-class cinema experience.
|Subwoofer Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
||200 watts RMS||
||83dB @ 2.83V/1 meter||
|Satellite Nominal Impedance
||8 ohms nominal||
||45Hz – 20kHz (–6dB)||
|Speaker Nominal Impedance
||8 ohms nominal||
|Speaker Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
||20 ~ 150 watts||
||86dB @ 2.83V/1 meter||
|Satellite Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
||20 ~ 150 watts||
||8" woofer, sealed enclosure||
|Subwoofer External Trigger Input Voltage
||3 ~ 30 volts AC/DC||
|Subwoofer Input Rating
||AC 100 – 120V, 50/60Hz, 200W||
|Speaker Midrange Transducer
||Dual 3" (75mm) flat-diaphragm drivers,
||One 1" (25mm) CMMD Lite dome,
Satellite Speaker Specifications:
|Satellite Midrange Transducer
||Dual 3" (75mm) flat-diaphragm drivers,