MAS 102Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/harman-kardon/MAS+102.html
Item# MAS 102
Additional InformationThe MAS 102 compact music system offers concert-hall sound in a space-saving package – comfortably playing a mixture of media with consummate ease. From the slot-loaded CD player, FM tuner and phono MM (moving magnet) pre-amplifier to USB ports, the system can handle a wide cross section of music sources. A pair of custom 5-inch (130-millimeter) bass-reflex speakers with 1-inch (25-millimeter) dome tweeters ensures accurate, clear, distortion-free sound. You can also pair up the system with a Harman Kardon® The Bridge III docking station – sold separately – for direct access to an iPod or iPhone music library via remote control. Enhanced connectivity is available no fewer than eight auxiliary digital/analog audio inputs. The system also includes a clock with a sleep timer, gold-plated speaker connectors and other important features. You can now enjoy music in practically any format with this highly capable system that is designed to fit comfortably (and very attractively) on a bookshelf, tabletop or anywhere you might choose put it. The MAS 102 is a worthy part of the great Harman Kardon tradition of beautiful design and beautiful sound.
As a compact music system, the MAS 102 is a proud overachiever, offering virtually everything you’d expect from a high-performance stereo system – and a whole lot more. It includes a slot-loaded CD player, a drift-free FM tuner, a phono MM (moving magnet) pre-amplifier for playing vinyl and a pair of custom 5-inch (130-millimeter) bass-reflex speakers with 1-inch (25-millimeter) dome tweeters. USB ports and no fewer than eight auxiliary, digital/analog audio inputs offer enhanced connectivity to your other system components, including an iPod or iPhone music library via the optional Harman Kardon® The Bridge III docking station.
At A Glance:
Two 65-watt-per-channel amplifiers
Completely integrated, all-in-one music system
Built-in CD player and FM tuner
Matching loudspeaker technology
Comprehensive digital inputs and output
Analog audio input connectors
Two USB ports
Striking industrial design
IR remote for system and iPhone/iPod navigation
Compatibility with iPhone or iPod via The Bridge IIIP
Phono input connector
Built-in clock with sleep timer
Gold-plated, binding-post speaker connectors
Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
1 MAS 102 stereo amplifier
1 MAS 102 system controller
1 Controller-to-amplifier ribbon cable
2 Two-way bass-re?ex loudspeakers
1 Remote control
1 3-foot (1-meter) stereo RCA male-to-male cable
3 AAA batteries
1 six-foot (2-meter) AC power cord
- Two 65-watt-per-channel amplifiers
- A pair of integral amplifiers rated at 65 watts per channel ensures crystal-clear playback from all audio sources and provide motive power for the included custom bass-reflex loudspeakers.
- Completely integrated, all-in-one music system
- The MAS 102 compact music system includes virtually everything you need to play a variety of media choices: a slot-loaded CD player, FM tuner and phono MM (moving magnet) pre-amplifier, plus USB ports and analog/digital inputs. A pair of custom 5-inch (130-millimeter) bass-reflex speakers with 1-inch (25-millimeter) dome tweeters ensures clear, distortion-free playback.
- Built-in CD player and FM tuner
- As well as standard CDs, the MAS 102 will play all your MP3 and WMA CD-R and CD-RW discs, complete with random-play and repeat options. The built-in, drift-free FM tuner features 30 preset stations for enhanced flexibility.
- Matching loudspeaker technology.
- The MAS 102 music system utilizes a two-way configuration featuring flat-panel, 5-inch (130-millimeter) bass drivers and proprietary 1-inch (25-millimeter) MMD® dome tweeters with integral waveguides. The system also eliminates unwanted sonic refractions for cleaner, more natural sound and improves off-axis performance for more accurate stereo imaging and high-frequency performance.
- Comprehensive digital inputs and output
- Two coaxial and two optical digital inputs plus a coaxial digital output let you integrate the MAS 102 with current- and future-generation technologies, thereby offering maximum flexibility and optimal connectivity. As a bonus, these digital ports help eliminate conversion stages, ensuring optimum sound quality.
- Analog audio input connections
- Two pairs of RCA inputs plus a single stereo 1/8-inch (3.5-millimeter) input enable direct connection to additional audio components, including desktop/laptop computers and portable media players. By using this flexibility to connect to other sound sources, you will be able to access more of your music collection, no matter what its format.
- Two USB ports
- A pair of USB connectors – one port on the front panel and another on the rear – accommodate playback of audio MP3 or WMA files on hard drives or removable media such memory sticks, MP3 players or any other compatible device.
- Striking industrial design
- With a striking industrial design that complements your home décor without overwhelming it, the MAS 102 combines many modern design elements, including a high-gloss, polished, black exterior. A sophisticated VFD screen, with a bright, easy-to-read navigation menu, displays system status as well as artist information, track numbers and volume levels.
- IR remote for system and iPhone/iPod navigation
- The MAS 102’s infrared (IR) remote control let you change not only system functions, but also command an attached iPhone/iPod via a Harman Kardon The Bridge III docking station (available separately) from up to 15 feet (4.6 meters) away.
- Compatibility with iPod and iPhone via The Bridge IIIP
- The optional Harman Kardon The Bridge IIIP docking station (available separately) works with an Apple iPod or iPhone to expand your entertainment options beyond CD. The dock functions seamlessly with the MAS 102’s infrared remote control to navigate and play your favorite music tracks – it also charges your Apple device while you listen.
- Phono input connector
- Use the MAS 102 system’s high-quality phono input to fall in love all over again with your record collection, and join the resurgence of vinyl lovers whose turntables are equipped with MM (moving magnet) phono cartridges.
- Built-in clock with a sleep timer and dual alarms
- The MAS 102’s built-in dual alarms can be set to wake up two people in the morning at different times - you can even select a different alarm sound or song. (Or, if preferred, use the built-in default alarm tone.) A sleep timer saves energy by automatically shutting off the system after a pre-determined time.
- Gold-plated, binding-post speaker connectors
- When it comes to speaker connectors, quality of sound is of paramount important. That’s why the MAS 102 keeps its connections to the outside world secure and reliable, using gold-plated binding posts. You can also interconnect the system with a variety of speaker-wire formats, thereby offering an increased degree of product compatibility.
- Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
- Exemplifying the balance among high style, modern design and audio ingenuity, the MAS 102 sound system fully embodies the spirit of Harman Kardon innovation, a legacy that discerning audio enthusiasts have revered for almost 60 years. Harman Kardon engineers have consistently advanced the science of sound, developing products that are dedicated to quality, durability and, most importantly, generating rave reviews from audiophiles.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Crossover Frequency
- Stereo Separation @ 1kHz
- 35dB @ 1kHz, 100% deviation @ 65dBf
- Usable Sensitivity (IHF)
- IHF 1.3?V/13.2dBf
- Crossover Frequencies (Hz)
- Power Consumption (full power/idle)
- 150W maximum (both channels driven)
- Preset Stations
- PS (program service), RT (dynamic radio text)
- Frequency Range
- Frequency Response
- 60Hz–25kHz (–3dB)
- High-Frequency Transducer
- Two 25mm MMD® domes, shielded
- Crosstalk between sources
- Tuner Output Level
- 1kHz, ±50kHz, Dev 500mV
- 20Hz–35kHz, –3dB
- Channel Sepration
- FM Tuner Frequency Response
- 10Hz to 15.3kHz
- Line-level input sensitivity at 1kHz:
- 250mV RMS, ±1dB
- IF Rejection (dB)
- Nominal Impedance (ohms)
- 8 ohms
- Distortion (Mono/Stereo)
- mono/stereo 0.15/0.3%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- 90dB (Analog inputs), 96dB (Digital inputs)
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Two 130mm honeycomb composite drivers, ported
- Sensitivity (2.83V@1m) (dB)
- Selectivity ±400kHz
- ±300kHz: 65dBF
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance
- 250mV RMS, ±1dB
- Image Rejection (dB)
- Signal-to-noise Ratio (IHF-A)
- 90dB (Analog inputs), 96dB (Digital inputs)
- Speaker Frequency Response
- 60Hz–25kHz (–3dB)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (Mono/Stereo)(dB)
- mono/stereo 68/65dB
- Number of presets:
- Phono MM input sensitivity at 1kHz
- System Weight (lb)
- System Weight (kg)
- Power Requirement
- AC 120V/60Hz
- System Frequency Response
- 20Hz–20kHz, ±0.5dB