SoundSticks IIIDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/SOUNDSTICKS3AM-A.html
Additional InformationPraised for its stunning design, the harman kardon® SoundSticks III speakers and subwoofer system became a milestone in harman kardon history when it became part of the permanent collection at New York City’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). Improving on its famous sibling’s pop-culture appeal, the SoundSticks III system is all that and much more. As a three-piece, 2.1-channel multimedia sound system, SoundSticks III brings a new level of excitement to music, games and movies to your home – with its exceptional sound clarity, enhanced color scheme and bare minimum of wiring. Beyond its eye-catching appeal, SoundSticks III continues to be incredibly capable – with 40 watts of dazzling amplification, a down-firing powered subwoofer, eight full-range transducers and compatibility with all sorts of multimedia devices. As the sublime sequel to a prized performer, SoundSticks III is performance art at its finest.
Praised for its stunning design, the harman kardon® SoundSticks II speakers and subwoofer system became a milestone in harman kardon history when it became part of the permanent collection at New York City’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). Improving on its famous sibling’s pop-culture appeal, the SoundSticks III system is all that and much more. As a three-piece, 2.1-channel multimedia sound system, SoundSticks III brings a new level of excitement to music, games and movies to your home – with its exceptional sound clarity, enhanced color scheme and bare minimum of wiring. Beyond its eye-catching appeal, SoundSticks III continues to be incredibly capable – with 40 watts of dazzling amplification, a down-firing powered subwoofer, eight full-range transducers and compatibility with all sorts of multimedia devices. As the sublime sequel to a prized performer, SoundSticks III is performance art at its finest.
At A Glance:
Inspiring industrial design.
Realistic, room-filling sound.
Connect to virtually any media device.
Touch controls for volume and mute.
Down-firing subwoofer with volume control.
Fill the room with eight full-range transducers.
Control the angle of your satellite speakers.
Modern design with black accents.
Detachable audio cables keep you connected.
Attractive, high-quality audio cables.
A sound plan for energy-efficiency
What's in the box:
2 SoundSticks III Speakers
1 Owner's Manual
- Inspiring industrial design.
- Few multimedia sound systems can boast that their predecessor was part of the permanent collection at New York City’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), but that’s exactly the claim the SoundSticks III speaker system can make. Taking its older sibling’s celebrated design even further, the SoundSticks III look is cutting-edge with a modern industrial design aesthetic, elegant black accents and a luminescent white LED glow. And though the SoundSticks III system may look like a visitor from the future with its transparent speaker covers, its exceptional performance makes it a more-than-worthy encore to its pop-culture predecessor.
- Realistic, room-filling sound and outstanding bass performance.
- Technically, the SoundSticks III system is “multimedia,” but once you hear it perform, you’ll realize it could easily become your primary audio system. With 40 watts of amplification producing rich, realistic sound, SoundSticks III offers strong bass output that makes all your music sound great – no matter where the audio is coming from. And with down-firing subwoofer amplifiers matched to the individual speakers, you can rest assured that each speaker will get exactly what it needs to deliver a consistent, optimal performance.
- Connect to virtually any media device.
- Other than its stunning good looks, the SoundSticks III system offers excellent compatibility with other audio components. Thanks to its 3.5mm stereo audio connection, SoundSticks III speakers can be used with MP3 players, portable CD players, computers and almost anything with stereo line-level outputs. By offering you this user-friendly option, SoundSticks III becomes a nimble addition to your desktop, bookshelf or entertainment center, keeping your life simple with a maximum of connection options – and a bare minimum of wiring.
- Touch controls for volume and mute.
- The SoundSticks III system makes it easy for you to interact with your subwoofer and “sticks,” offering sensitive touch controls for raising, lowering or muting the system volume. By responding to the gentle touch of your fingertip, this intuitive design feature makes your SoundSticks III system easy to operate, and keeps this work of audio “art” in the best possible condition.
- Down-firing subwoofer with volume control.
- In addition to 40 watts of amplification, the SoundSticks III system also features a six-inch down-firing subwoofer with volume control. By aiming sound down instead of at surrounding walls, your subwoofer makes your system less susceptible to adverse room variables – giving you a consistent performance. The subwoofer also has a flared port that reduces port noise during high-volume passages. This feature helps you tailor sound levels based on your room’s specifications as well as your own listening preferences.
- Fill the room with eight full-range transducers.
- The harman kardon brand has a rich history of engineering sound with highly regarded results. The SoundSticks III system is no different, coming with eight full-range transducers (four in each speaker) and deftly filling your room with great sound, while increasing your power handling and audio output. With less distortion and better sound quality, SoundSticks III speakers ensure that you’ll hear music or video exactly the way the composer intended.
- Control the angle of your satellite speakers.
- Elegant and easy to use, SoundSticks III satellite speakers are designed to fit exactly where you want them – and maybe even in a few other places. As a modern design feature that’s adaptable to your environment, the SoundSticks III system has two angle-adjustable satellite speakers that bend from low angle to high. Gently push or pull each satellite to the desired position – and you can optimize the angle at which sound enters, and fills, the room around you.
- Modern design with black accents.
- The SoundSticks series is a colorful landmark in harman kardon design history – and one such color you’re bound to notice on SoundSticks III speakers is: black. Designed to match perfectly with other design-driven industry heavyweights such as the Apple iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro and even the iPad, the SoundSticks III system integrates several black accents into its transparent design that make it an ideal complement for computers of all shapes and sizes. Some of these accents include black connection beads, which elegantly adorn the interior of each satellite speaker, a new black ring inside the subwoofer and a new ice-white LED in the subwoofer, giving all the black accents a classy glow. As a suitable complement to the previously mentioned products as well as other electronic staples such as DVD and Blu-ray Disc players, SoundSticks III speakers have no shortage of design aesthetics to help them stand out from the rest.
- Detachable audio cables keep you connected.
- Form meets function meets flexibility: That’s one of the key principles behind the SoundSticks III design. And whether you have a desktop computer or a laptop, the SoundSticks III system works and plays well with others thanks to detachable audio cables, which you can easily replace if they happen to get damaged. In addition, this flexible feature also gives you the freedom to use the SoundSticks III system with other types of input cables (not included) – ideal for connecting to a games console, DVD/Blu-ray Disc player, TV or any other device that has an analog output.
- Attractive, high-quality audio cables.
- Some manufacturers make audio cables a bare-minimum expense, which can compromise the integrity of an audio product and, potentially, the look of it. The SoundSticks III system does no such thing. SoundSticks III audio cables match the high-quality, transparent modern design of the speakers in terms of quality and visual appeal – and live just underneath the transparent speaker covers as if being showcased. Kept in place by black connection beads, these premium audio cables ensure that audio travels from source to speaker, without any sign of degradation or outside interference.
Manuals & Downloads:
- full-range transducers
- four x 1 inch per channe
- amplifier output power
- 10W RMS per channel
- Subwoofer Height (in)
- Subwoofer Width (in)
- Subwoofer Transducers
- Subwoofer Height (mm)
- Subwoofer Width (mm)
- Satellite Height (in)
- Satellite Height (mm)
- Satellite Transducers
- Satellite Width (mm)
- Satellite Width (in)
- Satellite Height
- 10" (254mm)
- Satellite Width
- 2" (51mm)
- Satellite Weight
- 1.5 lb (0.7kg)
- Subwoofer Height
- 10-13/16" (258mm)
- Subwoofer Width
- 9-3/16" (232mm)
- Subwoofer Weight
- 4 lb (2.2kg)
Satellite Speaker Specifications:
- Satellite Height (in)
- Satellite Height (mm)
- Satellite Transducers
- Satellite Width (mm)
- Satellite Width (in)
SoundSticks III is rated out of 5 by 53.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Justahandyman from Great sound from my computer Bought these to upgrade the speakers that came with the monitor. Glad I did! While these are not stereo/theater system quality, they more than suffice for my computer system. Crisp highs and a booming low balance the speakers nicely. A true audiophile will miss some of the mid-low range, but the speakers are not tinny in any way. I read a review that complained the wires were too short. I found that I had more than enough length to place them above a 28" monitor with a 34" desk height (sub woofer sits on floor beneath desk). My only complaint is not having an on/off switch on one of the satellite speakers (on the back/bottom of the sub woofer). I did a work around by plugging into switched strip that I shut off from the side of the desk.
Date published: 2016-05-14
Rated 5 out of 5 by Osiris117 from College tested My parents had an earlier version of the Soundsticks through my childhood and I had always loved their looks and sound, so when it came time I bought my own new set for college. It's been over a year now and they've performed remarkably. Even after of high usage with new party music at high volume they still work as they did the day i took them out of the box. they don't blow out, the base is fantastic, they look great (most people don't even realize they're speakers at first) and with a price tag under $200, they can't be beat.
Date published: 2015-10-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by carguy from Great look, even better sound, but ... I've enjoyed the SoundSticks with Macs for several years, but with each upgrade to OSX, the SoundSticks get buggier and buggier, not wanting to work at all without jumping through a bunch of hoops. The hardware is fine, as they always work if I connect to an older computer with an older version of OSX. HK really needs to come up with a fix to their USB driver so these can be enjoyed with current Macs. If / when that happens, they get the 5th star back. Thanks for looking.
Date published: 2014-03-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cj1951 from Great speakers These speakers are great. The sound is extremely clear and crisp throughout the frequency range. The base is great. My wife and I play cards in the kitchen and blast the music from the computer in the office. There is no distortion. I bought these based on a review in PC mag that said no distortion at very loud level. That was correct. I can't imagine better computer speakers. The only thing I don't like is the lack of a knob for volume control.
Date published: 2014-12-26
Rated 4 out of 5 by Runner42608 from Great PC Speakers; one minor complaint Beautiful looking; beautiful sounding desktop PC speakers. Only issue is lack of even a simple tone control (treble/bass) on a desktop control. (There is a tone control/power switch on the sub-woofer. But, that is placed on the floor under the desk.) The speakers are great as desktop speakers. Do not have unrealistic expectations of room filling sound without distortion at high volumes. But, for what they are, they are great speakers.
Date published: 2014-05-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by gordon from Great product and a seamless transaction! I discovered these through a PC Magazine review. While I did check going through Amazon, the price from HK direct was the same, and I decided to give their order fulfillment a try. No regrets! The website was easy to navigate, and I received the delivery within 3 days. Oh - the speakers totally delighted a true audiophile (my 22 yr-old son) and actually delighted him. Great product from a great company.
Date published: 2015-01-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kencox from Great sound! Before this purchase i read many other reviews and found that so many people really don't know what they're talking about when it comes to sound. They don't know where to place the speakers, or how to adjust the subwoofer, then they talk about audiophile quality......$165.00 doesn't buy that! However, i don't think you can find anything better at this, or a little higher, price range.......Great Job!
Date published: 2014-05-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bryce79 from Harman Kardon Sounsticks 3 I love these speakers so much!!! My dad has the Sounsticks 2 and I have the Sounsticks 3. The audio is so crisp and clear with no distortion its unbelievable! The bass is really good too but I wish the speakers would automatically be able to turn its bass down when the speakers can't handle it. But don't take this the wrong way because I love being able to turn the bass up and down. Tho I'm always having to constantly minuter the speakers to make sure that they don't rattle when the speakers can't handle the bass it get tiring. it rattles pretty loud and is pretty noticeable to hear it when it happens. I Love bass, I can never get to much of it. Hopefully soon you come out with a Soundsticks 4 with way better bass!!! Please, it would make me Soooo happy. I have already recomended theses speakers to so many of my friends and will continue to pass on the word of how great these speakers are.
Date published: 2014-07-04
What material is the "clear" or "glass-like" parts?? Glass? Plastic?
The material used on the SOUNDSTICKS is hard clear plastic which is similar to fiber glass.
Date published: 2016-07-05
Are these with bluetooth? I want the same model , the one that has bluetooth . Thanks
The SOUNDSTICKS model you are looking for is the SOUNDSTICKS BT.
Date published: 2016-06-13
I have an I-Mac system will this product work with mysystem...
Yes, connect the auxiliary cable into the aux audio out connection of the iMac and the aux audio input connection of the SOUNDSTICKS III.
Date published: 2016-06-02
Do they come with power supply?
Yes, the SOUNDSTICKS 3 does have its own power supply/adapter which is set to auto volt(100-240V).
Date published: 2016-05-25