SoundSticks WirelessDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/SOUNDSTICKSBTAM.html
Additional InformationFor nearly 60 years, Harman Kardon® engineers have designed some of the world’s most sought-after speaker and amplification systems for home and car audio – including the SoundSticks® 2.1-channel desktop speakers, the only audio system to become a permanent fixture at the New York City Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). In a continuing effort to make their best even better, Harman Kardon engineers have now upgraded that same work of art into a wireless incarnation: the SoundSticks Wireless. Stepping up its ability to deliver exceptional audio in a beautiful package, the SoundSticks Wireless features a six-inch (160-millimeter) subwoofer, eight full-range drivers, 40 watts of amplification, touch controls for volume and muting, and a 1/8-inch (3.5-millimeter) audio connection for compatibility to various devices – and it also has the added benefit of integrated Bluetooth® technology. So whether you’re working away at your desk or comfortably lounging on the sofa across the room, you can still experience the same breathtaking sound from music, movies, games and podcasts from any Bluetooth-enabled device – be it your phone, tablet, MP3 player or computer. The SoundSticks Wireless is truly performance at its finest
Praised for its illustrious design, the Harman Kardon® SoundSticks® speaker and subwoofer system became a milestone in design history when it joined the permanent collection at New York City’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMA). Now an improved incarnation, the SoundSticks Wireless, delivers the same visual appeal plus integrated Bluetooth® technology. You still get the same breathtaking sound and eye-catching design, only now you can stream audio from Bluetooth-enabled devices. Featuring a six-inch subwoofer, eight full-range drivers, 40 watts of amplification and built-in Bluetooth technology, the 2.1-channel multimedia powerhouse brings new excitement to music, games and movies.
At a Glance:
40 watts of amplification
Bluetooth audio streaming
Awe-inspiring industrial design
1/8" (3.5mm) stereo audio connection
Touch controls for volume and mute
6" (160mm) down-firing subwoofer with volume control
Eight full-range transducers
Easy-to-adjust satellite speakers
Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
What's in the box:
2 Harman Kardon SoundSticks Wireless satellite speakers
1 Harman Kardon SoundSticks Wireless subwoofer
1 AC plug
- 40 watts of amplification
- Technically, the SoundSticks Wireless system is “multimedia,” but once you hear it perform, you’ll realize that it could easily become your primary audio system. With 40 watts of amplification producing rich, realistic sound, the SoundSticks Wireless offers strong bass output that will make all your music sound great – no matter what source is generating the music. And with the SoundSticks Wireless’ down-firing subwoofer amplifiers matched to its satellite speakers, you can rest assured that each speaker will get exactly what it needs to deliver consistent, optimal performance.
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- Let’s face it, most of our audio devices are Bluetooth-capable. And we’re not using them just for music; we’re watching movies, playing games and accessing social content. Using advanced HARMAN TrueStream™ wireless technology, you can connect your Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your tablet, phone, MP3 player and laptop to get the best possible wireless sound quality from all of your audio, not just your music. And it automatically switches to the Bluetooth system when your audio device is connected and playing. So whether you’re working away at the desk or streaming music while lounging on your comfy sofa across the room, you’ll still experience the same high-quality Harman Kardon sound you’ve come to love
- HARMAN TrueStream
- HARMAN TrueStream is our guarantee that you will experience the best possible listening experience when streaming wirelessly via Bluetooth technology. Because there are many connectivity options when it comes to Bluetooth technology, our engineers always use the most current and most advanced. This method ensures the highest quality sound no matter the application or source device.
- Awe-inspiring industrial design
- Few multimedia sound systems can boast that their predecessor is part of the permanent collection at New York City’s Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), but that’s exactly the claim the SoundSticks Wireless speaker system can make. Taking its older sibling’s celebrated design even further, the new SoundSticks Wireless’s look is cutting edge, with a modern industrial-design aesthetic, elegant black accents and a luminescent white LED glow. And though the SoundSticks Wireless system may look like a visitor from the future with its transparent speaker covers, its exceptional performance makes it a more than worthy successor to the original, famous SoundSticks system.
- 1/8" (3.5mm) stereo audio connection
- Though you keep plenty of songs on your Bluetooth devices, that doesn’t mean that all of your music is there. So we’ve ensured the SoundSticks Wireless’s compatibility with other sound sources. Thanks to its 1/8-inch (3.5-millimeter) stereo audio connection, you can use the SoundSticks Wireless speakers with nearly any device that has stereo line-level outputs. By offering you this user-friendly option, the SoundSticks Wireless is more than just a gorgeous addition to your desktop, bookshelf or entertainment center. It also keeps your life simple with a maximum of connection options – and a bare minimum of wiring.
- Touch controls for volume and mute
- The SoundSticks Wireless system makes it easy for you to interact with its subwoofer and satellite-speaker “sticks,” offering sensitive touch controls for raising, lowering or muting the system volume. By responding to the gentle touch of your fingertip, this intuitive design feature makes your SoundSticks Wireless system easy to operate and keeps this work of audio art in the best possible condition.
- 6" (160mm) down-firing subwoofer with volume control
- In addition to 40 watts of amplification, the SoundSticks Wireless system also features a 6-inch (160-millimeter) down-firing subwoofer with volume control. By aiming sound down instead of sideways, your subwoofer makes your system less susceptible to adverse room variables – and gives you consistent performance. The subwoofer also has a flared port that reduces port noise during high-volume audio passages. This feature helps you tailor sound levels based on your room’s specifications as well as your own listening preferences.
- Eight full-range transducers
- Harman Kardon products have a rich history of beautifully engineered sound. The SoundSticks Wireless system is no different, coming with eight full-range transducers (four in each satellite speaker) and deftly filling your room with great sound while increasing your power handling and audio output. With low distortion and high sound quality, the SoundSticks Wireless speakers ensure that you’ll hear music or video exactly the way its creators intended.
- Easy-to-adjust satellite speakers
- Elegant and easy to use, the SoundSticks Wireless satellite speakers are designed to fit exactly where you want them. Aim these slim, small-footprint “sticks” at the desk where you work or at the comfy couch across the room where you take a break; either way, the SoundSticks Wireless’s “sticks” will give you great sound.
- Harman Kardon sound: A legacy of achievement
- The SoundSticks Wireless system strikes the perfect balance between beautiful sound and elegant design. What’s more, it allows you to access all the audio on your favorite devices conveniently and without a hassle, thanks to integrated Bluetooth technology. The system lives up to a powerhouse tradition; from the world’s first stereo receiver (the Festival® TA230) to the incarnation of the SoundSticks system that has become part of the permanent collection at New York City’s Museum of Modern Art, Harman Kardon engineers have consistently advanced the science of sound, developing magnificent audio products that are dedicated to quality and durability and, most importantly, generating rave reviews from audiophiles.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Consumption
- 4W idle, 65W maximum
- Computer Speakers
- Frequency Response
- 44Hz – 20kHz
- Subwoofer Transducers
- 1" full-range per channel
- Subwoofer Width (in)
- Subwoofer Height (in)
- Subwoofer Height (mm)
- Subwoofer Width (mm)
- Subwoofer Apmlifier Output
- 10W RMS per channel
- Satellite Width (mm)
- Satellite Width (in)
- Satellite Height (in)
- Satellite Transducers
- 6" woofer
- Satellite Amplifier Output
- 20W RMS
Satellite Speaker Specifications:
- Satellite Width (mm)
- Satellite Width (in)
- Satellite Height (in)
- Satellite Transducers
- 6" woofer
- Satellite Amplifier Output
- 20W RMS
SoundSticks Wireless is rated out of 5 by 55.
Rated 4 out of 5 by 0007 from Beautiful design / Bold Sound I have been listening to classical and jazz on the sound sticks for a month and I am very impressed with its musicality. They fill a small room with clear crisp sound in the mid and high range and the sub woofer provides plenty of base notes. I would prefer the volume to be a dial switch and the power button to be located on the left or right channel speakers rather than on the sub woofer unit. Also the blue tooth and power on indicator lights would be better if both could be turned off for those people who want to fall asleep listing to music. That being said, I would recommend the sound sticks to anyone who appreciates design and music in the same space.
Date published: 2014-12-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Trevschulze from Best speakers you can buy for under $500 I've looked at just about every available set of speakers you can buy for under $500. As a best buy employee, I have access to tons of choices and can demo any speaker system I wish. After thoroughly testing many speakers. I decided to try the HK SoundSticks. I wasn't disappointed. They offer crystal clear sound at any volume. Although there are only 2 speakers and one small sub, the 4 drivers per speaker, deliver super powerful, high quality sound. They are loud enough to full any room or small apartment. The Bluetooth has surprising range and transmits even through walls and floors. Not to mention they look absolutely stunning. The futuristic and elegant design adds class to any room. Overall an incredible system at an unbeatable price.
Date published: 2014-08-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by DrBeck from Amazing Sound and Value I am thrilled about this purchase. The sound quality is outstanding and better than I could have ever imagined! The highs are super crisp and sharp with zero distortion and the bass is better than anything of comparable size. I was concerned when I read about the relatively low output wattage but that concern proved unfounded. These speakers are more than powerful enough to fill a very large room with incredible sound. My only complaints are minor and in no way change my opinion of these fine speakers. They really could use a remote for music, but it is most inconvenient when running a TV through them, because (at least with my TV and Time Warner STB), adjusting the TV volume and muting does not affect the speakersound
Date published: 2014-11-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by MrRicearonie from Great Price, Amazing Sound What can I say about the Sound Sticks besides they are amazing! Great compact design for showing them off, or hiding them behind your monitors. The Bluetooth as amazing range and clarity for a Bluetooth speaker, defiantly worth the premium over the Sound Stick III. And the sound, it is amazing what you can get from the tweeters on these speakers. Sure the mid range is not the best, but it is not the worst. The sub is nice and subby and the audio clarity is top notch. Good jib Harmon Kardon!
Date published: 2015-08-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Alec from Great Speakers Initially ordered these speakers due to their looks, as well as the reputation of Harmon/Kardon, and all of the great products they produce; however, I was worried about the volume as it's meant for a desk next to the computer. Once I plugged these speakers in my worries went away as my entire living room, bedroom, and kitchen filled with crystal clear sound, along with the shaking of the sub. Not only do these speakers look awesome, but their sound is even better, I would recommend to anyone on the fence about these speakers.
Date published: 2016-06-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by BeachDad from Makes sounds from the computer come alive! After buying the HK Onyx 1 and 2 wireless speaker I knew that anything HK produces will be exceptional and the SoundSticks Wireless system is even better! Aside from the future forward way cool looking design, the sound is just simply amazing! I am hearing tones and sounds that I never heard before even after listening to music I have played before. We just purchased a new Mac system and although the computer is amazing, the sound is a little 'tinny' and has no depth. Now enter the SoundSticks and what an amazing difference! Set up was literally 5 minutes with no complicated instructions. This is one of those things that you don't realize you need it until you get it, and once you do you will never want to be without it again. Rich deep bass, wonderful mid-tones and treble. The subwoofer is so powerful that I can't keep it up high because it literally makes the walls shake with vibrations! Very pleased and extremely happy with my purchase!
Date published: 2016-10-18
Rated 4 out of 5 by JamesJ from Great sound, some security issues Have had these speakers for a couple years. They sound great and very easy to use. My only issue with them is the bluetooth discovery feature is always turned on. Living in an apartment, I've had neighbors randomly connect to these speakers and start playing music, videos, etc through them because there is no need to enter a bluetooth code to pair with these speakers. Unfortunately there is no way I've found to turn this off short of turning off the speakers.
Date published: 2015-12-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by RanShep from Great desktop sound I gave this as a gift to my son for his dorm it sounds great and the Bluetooth is a great addition, I have the SoundSticks II and the and love them, the sound really comes alive when you connect it to a usb DAC like the Geek Out rather being limited by the sound card in your laptop.
Date published: 2016-01-14
How long are the speaker wires ?
The wire between the satellites of the SOUNDSTICSKS WIRELESS is 2 meters long.
Date published: 2016-11-10
Would this unit work with my Dell Windows 7 personal computer . Would I have to connect it to a terminal in the back of the computer ?
The SOUNDSTICKS WIRELESS can be connected either via Auxiliary or Bluetooth. If your computer does not have Bluetooth, simply plug the auxiliary cable that is included in the packaging to the SOUNDSTICKS WIRELESS and the other end to the back of your CPU. You should plug it in to the headphone port, usually a green port with a headphone logo. If your computer has Bluetooth or you have a wireless USB dongle installed on your computer, you can connect to the speaker wirelessly.
Date published: 2016-11-01
How can I connect it with desktop computer. Will it works 9if it's not Apple
Yes it should work as it has a 3.5mm AUX cable with it. Just connect the 3.5mm AUX cable to the headphone port of your computer and it should work fine.
Date published: 2016-10-12
How long is the wire that plugs into the wall?
It's approximately 3 meters long.
Date published: 2016-06-02
does this comes with 110-220 volts for non-US residents?
Yes, this comes with a multi-voltage power supply.
Date published: 2016-04-11
What is the casing around the speakers made of? Is it some type of acrylic? Thank you for your time.
That is correct. It is clear acrylic.
Date published: 2016-03-28
What is the difference between Soundsticks and Soundsticks III?
The original SOUNDSTICKS from many years ago was connected to the computer via USB, and the drivers were supported ONLY by Apple. The drivers were not standard, USB audio drivers. The SOUNDSTICKS II replaced the USB version. It was identical except that it had a 3.5mm standard audio connection instead of USB. The SOUNDSTICKS III is just a slightly updated version of the II, with different volume control buttons and some cosmetic changes. The WIRELESS is the same as the III, but also adds Bluetooth technology.
Date published: 2016-03-28
Does this come with a mounting system to mount the subwoofer under a desk?
The subwoofer is designed to go on the floor, under the desk is a common place for it. There is no mounting hardware.
Date published: 2016-03-08