Kappa 100.9wDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/KAPPA100.9W.html
Infinity’s revolutionary new Kappa Series subwoofers deliver true low-distortion high-performance with one incredible feature, Infinity’s Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI) design.
Looking for a more moving audio experience? Take Infinity car audio for a ride. Innovative materials and breakthrough engineering have always put Infinity products out in front of the competition. So expect extreme output from Kappa subs, but be prepared for accuracy and detail that may simply blow you away.
At a Glance:
Woven Glass-Fiber Cone
Medium Q Design
Tested to Ensure They’ll Stand Up
What's in the box:
1 100.9w subwoofer
1 foam mounting gasket
1 3mm hex wrench
1 Owner's Manual
1 Technical Data Sheet
- Woven Glass-Fiber Cone
- cone material is extremely stiff, minimizing cone flex; its rigidity results in the very low distortion and improved clarity that are Infinity trademarks.
- Vented Polepiece
- Reduces air compression under the dust cap, minimizing mechanical noise, and provides more constant mechanical Q for reduced distortion.
- Medium Q Design
- Provides great performance in sealed, vented or band-pass enclosures. Kappa woofers can be ±30 percent of the recommended volume. Optimum vented boxes do not require superlong ports.
- Tested to Ensure They’ll Stand Up
- Infinity subwoofers are tested according to the strictest and most demanding reliability-testing regimen ever designed for car-audio speakers. They are shaken, baked, frozen and dropped, all while they’re operating, and attempts are even made to destroy them with signals up to 10 times their rated power. When they’ve passed those tests, the subs are subjected to their RMS and peak power limits for 100 hours. Many competing subs are tested for only eight hours.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Frequency Response
- 25Hz – 400Hz
- Power Handling (RMS)
- 350 watts
- Power Handling (Peak)
- 1400 watts
- Mounting Depth (mm)
- 6-5/16 ̋
Kappa 100.9w is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Kman from Excellent woofer! I have installed and listened to a variety of woofers. Infinity Kappa is one of the best IMO. I am using a DSP to enhance the low end and cut out the mid bass, and WOW these things can handle the watts and hit those notes with 3/4 cubic box volume. Get one or two, you will love them.
Date published: 2016-04-25