Kappa 462.11cfpDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/KAP-462.11CFP.html
Does It Fit My Car?
Additional InformationA true high-fidelity 4" x 6" coaxial speaker for your car. “High-end audio” is a phrase that too many people toss around lightly, but it genuinely applies to the the Infinity® Kappa® Series 462.11cfp 4-inch x 6-inch, two-way plate speaker system. The Infinity brand has a pedigree of technological innovation in reference-quality audio reproduction, and these speakers embody it. Each one features proprietary Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames and patented formed-glass-fiber Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones. The 3/4-inch (20-millimeter) tweeter is a soft-dome, edge-driven fabric diaphragm for improved power handling and wide high-frequency dispersion. Even the low-hysteresis polyproplyene capacitors and low-loss air-core inductors in the system’s passive filter networks are of ultrahigh quality. The system’s speakers, engineered to fit right into the 4-inch x 6-inch factory-made speaker locations common in many of today’s vehicles, deliver incredible attention to musical detail. The Infinity Kappa 462.11cfp is simply one of the best car audio speakers you can possibly buy, and we’re proud of it.
A true high-fidelity 4" x 6" coaxial speaker for your car. Proprietary Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) woofer frames. Patented formed-glass-fiber Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones. A soft-dome, edge-driven, fabric-diaphragm tweeter for improved power handling and wide high-frequency dispersion. These are only a few of the special features in the Infinity® Kappa® Series 462.11cfp 4-inch x 6-inch, two-way plate speaker system. Its speakers easily fit right in your factory-made speaker locations, and it offers the concert-quality sound that you’d expect from the high-end Infinity home audio system. Just try it; its high quality will amaze you.
At a Glance:
25 – 180 watts suggested amplifier power range
Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames
Vented motor assembly
Plus One woofer-cone technology
Edge-driven, soft-dome fabric tweeter
2-ohm nominal impedance
Ultrahigh-frequency response (up to 25kHz)
Ultrahigh sensitivity (94dB@2.83v/1m)
Adjustable, push-button tweeter level control
High-quality passive crossover components
Gold-plated, screw-type speaker terminals
What's in the box:
2 Infinity Kappa 462.11cfp speakers
1 foam tape for mounting surface
- 25 – 180 watts suggested amplifier power range
- Infinity engineers designed the Kappa 462.11cfp two-way plate speaker to produce impressive, precise sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 180 watts of power. This makes the Kappa 462.11cfp an ideal midrange and tweeter plate-speaker upgrade for systems powered with head-unit or factory amplifier power. They also handle the power from aftermarket amplifiers that are part of very high-fidelity aftermarket upgrades. Remember, great power-handling specifications increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker, and that means you’ll be enjoying the Kappa Series for many musical years.
- Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames
- Kappa automotive speakers benefit from light and strong composite Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames. Kappa Series speakers resist the environmental extremes that a moving car can encounter. They offer superior rigidity, even when mounted on uneven surfaces (common in car mounting locations), plus exceptional damping of any resonances.
- Vented motor assembly
- The Infinity Kappa 462.11cfp two-way plate speakers feature a vented motor assembly to let the voice coil breathe. It reduces the probability of power compression in systems playing loud over a long period of time. It means an efficient use of amplifier power so that all the power delivered to the speaker is directed to the voice coil and not wasted as residual heat.
- Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The Plus One cone on the Kappa series provides more overall speaker-cone area than other speakers in its class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Also, the carbon-injected cone material produces a lighter and stiffer cone. The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important, nearly tangible musical notes that people often associate with a larger speaker size.
- Edge-driven, soft-dome fabric tweeter
- The 3/4-inch (20-millimeter) soft-dome, edge-driven fabric tweeter design in the Infinity Kappa tweeter increases power handling while reducing high-frequency distortion. An edge-driven tweeter also has better dispersion characteristics and allows for a lower crossover frequency than comparable tweeters of its size, which improves imaging. The result is improved vocals and clarity in music. There’s no sense in a speaker playing loud if it doesn’t sound clean, too.
- 2-ohm nominal impedance
- The 2-ohm nominal impedance of the Infinity Kappa 462.11cfp two-way plate speakers allows compensation for any added resistance in thin factory-installed speaker wiring and provides increased output when compared to factory speakers or others in its class.
- Ultrahigh-frequency response (up to 25kHz)
- A wide frequency response that extends to 25kHz helps compensate for speaker placement variations in a car and human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that the Infinity Kappa 462.11cfp two-way plate speakers deliver more of the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- Ultrahigh sensitivity (94dB@2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wide range of power to have positive results without overdriving the audio system. With a sensitivity of 94 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 meter, the Infinity Kappa 462.11cfp two-way plate speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. This sensitivity means better performance overall with very moderate power, whether the speaker’s using a dedicated amplifier or not. The high sensitivity of the Kappa Series makes it ideal for upgrading a factory system’s existing speakers with very noticeable fidelity improvements.
- Adjustable, push-button tweeter level control
- The Infinity Kappa 462.11cfp two-way plate speakers feature 0-decibel and +3-decibel settings to custom-tune higher frequencies. Custom tuning allows users to optimize the sound for different in-vehicle locations. You can easily adjust the tuning by pushing a button on the face of the mounting plate.
- High-quality passive crossover components
- The passive filter components in the crossover network of the Infinity Kappa 462.11cfp two-way speakers use only the best parts, including low-hysteresis polypropylene capacitors, low-loss air-core inductors and high-quality resistors. We have engineered them in a way to require minimal parts for the desired filtering, which also means minimizing phase-related anomalies. Overall, the combination results in each Kappa Series speaker having a unique filter arrangement with minimal but very effective parts to achieve true high fidelity, clarity and performance.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Handling (Continuous/Peak
- Recommended Amplifier Power Range
- Frequency Response
- Nominal Impedance
- 2 Ohm
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)
- Height (in)
- Width (in)
- Depth (in)
- Mounting Height (in)
- Mounting Width (in)
- Mounting Depth (in)