Kappa 50.11csDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/ha-jbl-car-sale/KAP-50.11CS.html
Does It Fit My Car?
Additional InformationA true high-fidelity 5-1/4" (130mm) component speaker system for your car. Why settle for merely adequate car audio? You don’t have to, because the Infinity® Kappa® Series 50.11cs 5-1/4-inch (130-millimeter), two-way component speaker system brings top-quality sound to the automotive space. If you like deep, powerful low-frequency sound, the system has you covered; its woofer has proprietary Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames and patented formed-glass-fiber Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones for rich, strong bass. For high tones, you’ll love the improved power handling and wide high-frequency dispersion of the system’s 3/4-inch (20-millimeter), soft-dome, edge-driven fabric diaphragm tweeter. For the transition from low notes to high, you can trust the system’s ultrahigh-quality, low-loss air-core inductors in the passive filter networks. Even the soft-touch, rubberized finish on the protective grilles and the low-hysteresis polyproplyene capacitors reveal superb attention to detail. The music in your car will sound magnificent, just as you want it to.Request an Exchange
A true high-fidelity 5-1/4" (130mm) component speaker system for your car. Will you love the Infinity® Kappa® Series 50.11cs 5-1/4-inch (130-millimeter), two-way component speaker system? Yes, if you love spectacular sound. The system’s tweeter has a soft-dome, edge-driven fabric diaphragm for improved power handling and wide high-frequency dispersion. The woofer uses proprietary Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames and patented formed-glass-fiber Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) cones. Overall, the system’s components have the technology and materials to make your ride a musical pleasure.
At a Glance:
25 – 255 watts suggested amplifier power range
Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames
Vented motor assembly
Plus One woofer-cone technology
Edge-driven fabric soft-dome tweeter
2-ohm nominal impedance
Ultrahigh-frequency response (up to 35kHz)
Ultrahigh sensitivity (93dB@2.83v/1m)
Adjustable, push-button tweeter level control
High-quality passive crossover components
Protective, soft, rubber-finish grilles
I-Mount tweeter-mounting hardware
Gold-plated, screw-type speaker terminals
What's in the box:
2 Infinity Kappa component 5-1/4" (130mm) woofers
2 Infinity Kappa component 3/4" (20mm) tweeters
2 passive crossover networks
2 protective grilles
1 foam tape for mounting surface
2 I-Mount tweeter housings with hardware
2 Infinity badges for tweeter grilles
Miscellaneous mounting hardware
- 25 – 255 watts suggested amplifier power range
- Infinity engineers designed the Kappa 50.11cs component speaker to produce powerful, low-frequency sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 255 watts of power. This makes the Kappa 50.11cs an ideal midrange and tweeter component upgrade set for systems powered with head-unit or factory amplifier power. They also handle the power from aftermarket amplifiers that are part of very high-fidelity aftermarket upgrades. The Infinity Kappa Series has the power handling requirements covered. Remember, great power-handling specifications increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker, and that means that you’ll be enjoying the Kappa Series for many musical years.
- Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames
- Kappa automotive speakers benefit from light and strong composite Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames. Kappa Series speakers resist the environmental extremes that a moving car can encounter. They offer superior rigidity, even when mounted on uneven surfaces (common in car mounting locations), and exceptional damping of any resonances.
- Vented motor assembly
- The Infinity Kappa 50.11cs’s woofer features a vented motor assembly to let the voice coil breathe. It reduces the probability of power compression with systems playing loud over a long period of time. It means a more efficient use of amplifier power so that all the power delivered to the woofer is directed to the voice coil and not wasted as residual heat.
- Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The Plus One cone on the Kappa series provides more overall speaker-cone area than others in its class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Also, the carbon-injected cone material produces a lighter and stiffer cone. The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important nearly tangible musical notes that people often associate with a larger speaker size.
- Edge-driven, soft-dome fabric tweeter
- The 3/4-inch (20-millimeter) soft-dome, edge-driven fabric tweeter design in the Infinity Kappa speaker increases power handling while reducing high-frequency distortion. An edge-driven tweeter also has better dispersion characteristics and allows for a lower crossover frequency than comparable tweeters of its size, which improves imaging. The result is improved vocals and clarity in music. There’s no sense in having a speaker play loud if it doesn’t sound clean, too.
- 2-ohm nominal impedance
- The 2-ohm nominal impedance of the Infinity Kappa 50.11cs component speakers allows compensation for any added resistance in thin factory-installed speaker wiring and provides more output than factory speakers or others in its class.
- Ultrahigh-frequency response (up to 35kHz)
- A wide frequency response that extends to 35kHz helps compensate for speaker placement variations in the car and human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that the Infinity Kappa 50.11cs component speakers deliver more of the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- Ultrahigh sensitivity (93dB@2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wider range of power to have positive results without overdriving the audio system. With a sensitivity of 93 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 meter, the Infinity Kappa 50.11cs component speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. This sensitivity means better performance overall with very moderate power, whether the speaker’s using a dedicated amplifier or not. The high sensitivity of the Kappa Series makes it ideal for upgrading a factory system’s existing speakers with very noticeable fidelity improvements.
- Adjustable, push-button tweeter level control
- The Infinity Kappa 50.11cs component speakers feature 0-decibel and +3-decibel settings to custom-tune higher frequencies. Custom tuning allows users to optimize the sound for different in-vehicle locations. You can easily adjust the tuning by pushing a button on the passive crossover.
- High-quality passive crossover components
- The passive filter components in the crossover network of the Infinity Kappa 50.11cs component speakers use only the best parts, including low-hysteresis polypropylene capacitors, low-loss air-core inductors and high-quality resistors. They are engineered in a way to require minimal parts for the desired filtering, which also means minimizing phase-related anomalies. Overall, the combination results in each Kappa Series speaker having a unique filter arrangement with minimal but very effective parts to achieve true high fidelity, clarity and performance.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Handling (Continuous/Peak)
- Recommended Amplifier Power Range
- Frequency Response
- Nominal Impedance
- 2 Ohm
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)
- Speaker Diameter (in)
- Speaker Depth (in)
- Speaker Mounting Diameter (in)
- Speaker Mounting Depth (in)
- Tweeter Diameter (in)
- Tweeter Depth (in)
- Tweeter Mounting Diameter (in)
- Tweeter Mounting Depth (in)
- Crossover Height (in)
- Crossover Width (in)
- Crossover Depth (in)
Products purchased online or from an authorized local retailer and under warranty may qualify for an exchange with a valid receipt.
Purchases made from an unauthorized dealer will not be eligible for exchange.