Kappa 60.11csDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/ha-jbl-car-sale/KAP-60.11CS.html
Does It Fit My Car?
Additional InformationA true high-fidelity 6-1/2" (165mm) component speaker system for your car. Truly great audio is a pleasure that few people experience in the automotive environment – but you can. The Infinity® Kappa® Series 60.11cs 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) two-way component speaker system takes the sound in your car to a whole new dimension. The Infinity brand has a pedigree of technological innovation in reference-quality audio reproduction, and much of that technology is ingrained in these speakers. The system’s woofer features patented, formed-glass-fiber Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) cones in proprietary Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames. The system’s low-hysteresis polyproplyene capacitors and low-loss air-core inductors in the passive filter networks are of ultrahigh quality. The system’s 3/4-inch (20-millimeter) tweeter is a soft-dome, edge-driven fabric diaphragm for improved power handling and wide high-frequency dispersion. Even the soft-touch, rubberized finish on the protective grilles shows attention to detail. The Infinity Kappa 60.11cs components have what it takes to turn any car’s audio system into a high-fidelity audio lover’s dream system.Request an Exchange
A true high-fidelity 6-1/2" (165mm) component speaker system for your car. The Infinity® Kappa® Series 60.11cs 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter), two-way component speaker system can turn any car into a high-fidelity audio lover’s dream. The system’s woofer features proprietary Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames and patented formed-glass-fiber Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones. The tweeter is a soft-dome, edge-driven fabric diaphragm for spectacular power handling and broad high-frequency dispersion. You’ll roll down the highway with the best sound you can imagine.
At a Glance:
25 – 270 watts suggested amplifier power range
Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames
Vented motor assembly
Plus One woofer-cone technology
Edge-driven, soft-dome fabric tweeter
2-ohm nominal impedance
Ultrahigh-frequency response (up to 35kHz)
Ultrahigh sensitivity (93dB@2.83v/1m)
Adjustable, push-button tweeter level control
High-quality passive crossover components
Protective, soft, rubber-finish grilles
I-Mount tweeter-mounting hardware
Mounting adapter rings already included
Gold-plated, screw-type speaker terminals
What's in the box:
2 Infinity Kappa component 6-1/2" (165mm) woofers
2 Infinity Kappa component 3/4" (20mm) tweeters
2 passive crossover networks
2 mounting adapter rings
2 protective grilles
2 foam tape pieces for mounting surface
2 I-Mount tweeter housings with hardware
2 Infinity badges for tweeter grilles
Miscellaneous mounting hardware
- 25 – 270 watts suggested amplifier power range
- Infinity engineers designed the Kappa 60.11cs component speaker to produce impressive, clean sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 270 watts of power. This makes the Kappa 60.11cs an ideal midrange and tweeter component upgrade for systems powered with head-unit or factory amplifier power systems. They also handle the power from aftermarket amplifiers that are part of very high-fidelity aftermarket upgrades. Remember, great power-handling specifications increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker, and that means that you’ll be enjoying the Kappa Series for many musical years.
- Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames
- Kappa automotive speakers benefit from light and strong composite Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames. These frames help Kappa Series speakers resist the environmental extremes that a moving car can encounter. They offer superior rigidity, even when you mount them on uneven surfaces (common in car mounting locations), plus exceptional damping of resonances.
- Vented motor assembly
- The Infinity Kappa 60.11cs component woofer features a vented magnet assembly to let the voice coil breathe. This structure reduces the probability of power compression in systems playing loud over a long period of time. It means a more efficient use of amplifier power so that all the power delivered to the woofer is directed to the voice coil and not wasted as residual heat.
- Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The Plus One cone on the Kappa series offers more overall speaker-cone area than other speakers in its class. With a larger cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Also, the speaker’s carbon-injected cone material produces a lighter and stiffer cone than the competition. The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important, almost tangible musical notes that people often associate with a larger speaker size.
- Edge-driven, soft-dome fabric tweeter
- The Infinity Kappa tweeter’s 3/4-inch (20-millimeter) soft-dome, edge-driven fabric tweeter design increases power handling while reducing high-frequency distortion. An edge-driven tweeter also has better dispersion characteristics and allows for a lower crossover frequency than comparable tweeters of its size, which improves imaging. The result is improved vocals and clarity in music. There’s no sense in a speaker’s playing loud if it doesn’t sound clean, too.
- 2-ohm nominal impedance
- The 2-ohm nominal impedance of the Infinity Kappa 60.11cs component speakers allows compensation for any added resistance in thin factory-installed speaker wiring and provides more output than factory-installed speakers or aftermarket speakers in the 60.11cs’s class.
- Ultrahigh-frequency response (up to 35kHz)
- A wide frequency response that extends to 35kHz helps compensate for speaker placement variations in the car and human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that the Infinity Kappa 60.11cs component speakers deliver more of the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- Ultrahigh sensitivity (93dB@2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wide range of power, which has positive results without overdriving the audio system. With a sensitivity of 93 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 meter, the Infinity Kappa 60.11cs component speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. This sensitivity means better performance overall with very moderate power, whether the speaker’s using a dedicated amplifier or not. The high sensitivity of the Kappa Series makes it ideal for upgrading a factory system’s existing speakers with very noticeable fidelity improvements.
- Adjustable, push-button tweeter level control
- The Infinity Kappa 60.11cs component speakers feature 0-decibel and +3-decibel settings to custom-tune the high frequencies. Custom tuning allows users to optimize the sound for different in-vehicle locations. You can custom-tune your speakers by pushing a button on the passive crossover.
- High-quality passive crossover components
- The passive filter components in the Infinity Kappa 60.11cs component speakers’ crossover network use only the best parts, including low-loss air core inductors, low-hysteresis polypropylene capacitors and high-quality resistors. They are engineered to require minimal parts for filtering, which also means minimizing phase-related anomalies. Overall, the combination results in each Kappa Series speaker having a unique filter arrangement with minimal but very effective parts to achieve true high fidelity, clarity and performance.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Handling (Continuous/Peak)
- Recommended Amplifier Power Range
- Frequency Response
- Nominal Impedance
- 2 Ohm
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)
- Speaker Diameter (in)
- Speaker Depth (in)
- Speaker Mounting Diameter (in)
- Speaker Mounting Depth (in)
- Tweeter Diameter (in)
- Tweeter Depth (in)
- Tweeter Mounting Diameter (in)
- Tweeter Mounting Depth (in)
- Crossover Height (in)
- Crossover Width (in)
- Crossover Depth (in)
Kappa 60.11cs is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 5 out of 5 by HippiLettuce from Best component system I've owned I bought these components to go along with my Infinity Kappa 8" subwoofer in my Nissan Frontier. The sub sounded like it was a 12" instead of a 8" so I knew that these components would sound just as amazing. I was wrong, they sound better then I ever hoped! And I was only running 45 watts RMS at 2ohm into these bad boys. Sadly I was only able to try them out a short time before rolling my truck not more then a few short weeks later. I was only able to recover one tweeter and one 6.5" sub, however that will not stop me from buying another pair once I have another vehicle. These speakers are very well built, and they live up to if not exceed the expectations that Infinity has has built for themselves as being one of the best in car audio. If you are looking for a new pair of speakers because yours have gone out, or simply just want to hear excellent sound quality without breaking the bank then buy these. You won't regret it and you'll have sound quality that will make heads turn and Make you never want to leave the car.
Date published: 2017-07-01
Search Result For ""
3 Year Warranty
Products purchased online or from an authorized local retailer and under warranty may qualify for an exchange with a valid receipt.
Purchases made from an unauthorized dealer will not be eligible for exchange.