Kappa 62.11iDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/infinity-marine-speakers-sale/KAP-62.11I.html
Does It Fit My Car?
Additional InformationThe Infinity brand has a distinguished pedigree of technological innovation in reference-quality audio reproduction, and much of it has gone into the Infinity Kappa 62.11i 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter), two-way coaxial speakers. These speakers feature proprietary Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames and patented formed-glass-fiber Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones. Each of them has a 3/4-inch (20-millimeter), coaxially mounted UniPivot™ (U.S. patent number 6,002,780) tweeter with a soft-dome, edge-driven fabric diaphragm for improved power handling and wide high-frequency dispersion. The low-hysteresis polyproplyene capacitors and low-loss air-core inductors in the speaker’s passive filter networks are of ultrahigh quality. Even the soft-touch rubberized finish on the protective grilles represents the Infinity brand’s incredible attention to detail. The sound coming from the 62.11i speakers can change a dull morning commute into a flight of glorious music. Just try it and see – and hear.Request an Exchange
Infinity® engineers have built innovative technology into each Kappa® Series 62.11i 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter), two-way coaxial speaker. These speakers feature proprietary Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames and patented formed-glass-fiber Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones. Each speaker’s coaxially mounted UniPivot™ (U.S. patent number 6,002,780) tweeter has an edge-driven, soft-dome fabric diaphragm for improved power handling and wide high-frequency dispersion. These speakers can transform your car’s sound system into an audiophile’s dream.
At a Glance:
Vented motor assembly
25 – 225 watts suggested amplifier power range
2-ohm nominal impedance
Edge-driven, soft-dome fabric tweeter
High-quality passive crossover components
Ultrahigh sensitivity (95dB@2.83v/1m)
Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames
Adjustable, push-button tweeter level control
Plus One woofer-cone technology
Gold-plated, screw-type speaker terminals
Protective, soft, rubber-finish grilles
UniPivot coaxial tweeter
Ultrahigh-frequency response (up to 25kHz)
What's in the box:
2 protective grilles
1 foam tape for mounting surface
2 Infinity Kappa 62.11i coaxial speakers
Miscellaneous mounting hardware
- 25 – 225 watts suggested amplifier power range
- Infinity engineers designed the Kappa 62.11i coaxial speaker to produce impressive, accurate sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 225 watts of power. This makes the Kappa 62.11i an ideal coaxial-speaker upgrade for systems powered with head-unit or factory amplifier power. They also handle the power from aftermarket amplifiers that are part of very high-fidelity aftermarket upgrades. Remember, great power-handling specifications increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker, and that means that you’ll be enjoying the Kappa Series for many musical years.
- Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames
- Kappa automotive speakers benefit from light and strong composite Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames. Kappa Series speakers resist the environmental extremes that a moving car can encounter. They offer superior rigidity, even when mounted on uneven surfaces (common in car mounting locations), and exceptional damping of any resonances.
- Vented motor assembly
- The Infinity Kappa 62.11i coaxial speakers feature a vented motor assembly to let the voice coil breathe. It reduces the probability of power compression in systems playing loud over a long period of time. It means a more efficient use of amplifier power so that all the power delivered to the woofer is directed to the voice coil and not wasted as residual heat.
- Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The Plus One cone on the Kappa series offers more overall speaker-cone area than other speakers in its class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Also, the carbon-injected cone material produces a lighter and stiffer cone. The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important, nearly tangible musical notes that people often associate with a larger speaker size.
- Edge-driven, soft-dome fabric tweeter
- The 1-inch (25.4-millimeter), soft-dome, edge-driven fabric tweeter design in the Infinity Kappa tweeter increases power handling while reducing high-frequency distortion. An edge-driven tweeter also has better dispersion characteristics and allows for a lower crossover frequency than comparable tweeters of its size, which improves imaging. The result is improved vocals and clarity in music. There’s no sense in having a speaker play loud if it doesn’t sound clean, too.
- 2-ohm nominal impedance
- The 2-ohm nominal impedance of the Infinity Kappa 62.11i coaxial speakers allows compensation for any added resistance in thin factory-installed speaker wiring and provides more output than factory speakers in its class.
- Ultrahigh-frequency response (up to 25kHz)
- A wide frequency response that extends to 25kHz helps compensate for speaker placement variations in the car and human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that the Infinity Kappa 62.11i coaxial speakers deliver more of the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- Ultrahigh sensitivity (95dB@2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wide range of power to have positive results without overdriving an audio system. With a sensitivity of 95 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 meter, the Infinity Kappa 62.11i coaxial speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. This sensitivity means better performance overall with very moderate power, whether the speaker’s using a dedicated amplifier or not. The high sensitivity of the Kappa Series makes it ideal for upgrading a factory-installed system’s existing speakers with very noticeable fidelity improvements.
- UniPivot coaxial tweeter
- The innovative UniPivot™ (U.S. patent no. 6,002,780) feature on the Kappa Series 62.11i coaxial speakers allows you to aim the tweeter at the listening location for better stereo imaging and high-frequency response at the listener’s ear. It offers even greater flexibility for off-axis mounting locations common in lower doors or kick-panel locations.
- Adjustable, push-button tweeter level control
- The Infinity Kappa 62.11i coaxial speakers feature 0-decibel and +3-decibel settings to custom-tune higher frequencies. Custom tuning allows users to optimize the sound for different in-vehicle locations. You can easily adjust the tuning by pushing a button on the coaxially mounted tweeter.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 6-1/2" (165mm) two-way car audio loudspeaker
- Frequency Response
- 45Hz – 25kHz
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Nominal Impedance
- 2 ohms
- Peak Power
- Diameter (in)
- Depth (in)
- Mounting Diameter (in)
- Mounting Depth (in)
Kappa 62.11i is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Db19 from Very clear and great sounding speakers Got these speakers put in my Mercedes-Benz and they sound fantastic, way better than even the original ones
Date published: 2017-02-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by congwi from Great Sound Had them installed last week and it really adds depth to the mids and trebles.
Date published: 2017-03-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by zappa1 from Well balanced speaker
Date published: 2017-01-14
3 Year Warranty
Products purchased online or from an authorized local retailer and under warranty may qualify for an exchange with a valid receipt.
Purchases made from an unauthorized dealer will not be eligible for exchange.