Kappa 693.11iDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/KAP-693.11I.html
Additional InformationYou and your car deserve great sound. The Infinity® Kappa® Series 682.11cf 6-inch x 8-inch / 5-inch x 7-inch, two-way coaxial speakers deliver it. The speakers fit right in the 6-inch x 8-inch or 5-inch x 7-inch factory speaker locations common in many of today’s vehicles. They feature proprietary Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames and patented formed-glass-fiber Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones. Each speaker’s 3/4-inch (20-millimeter) coaxially mounted UniPivot™ tweeter is a soft-dome, edge-driven fabric diaphragm for improved power handling and wide high-frequency dispersion. Even the low-hysteresis polyproplyene capacitors and low-loss air-core inductors in the 682.11cf’s passive filter networks are of ultrahigh quality. It’s a premium speaker engineered to fit in factory locations that delivers incredible attention to musical detail. If you want to hear the sound of the future, you can’t go wrong with these speakers.
The Infinity® Kappa® Series 682.11cf 6-inch x 8-inch / 5-inch x 7-inch, two-way coaxial speakers fit easily right in factory-made car speaker locations. The speakers embody Infinity technology and innovation throughout. They feature proprietary Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames and patented formed-glass-fiber Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones. Their coaxially mounted UniPivot™ tweeter is a soft-dome, edge-driven fabric diaphragm for improved power handling and wide high-frequency dispersion. The Infinity Kappa 682.11cf coaxial speakers can give you your music exactly as you want to hear it, even as you’re roaring along the freeway.
At A Glance:
25 – 300 watts suggested amplifier power range
Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames
Vented motor assembly
Plus One woofer-cone technology
Edge-driven, soft-dome fabric tweeter
2-ohm nominal impedance
Ultrahigh-frequency response (up to 25kHz)
Ultrahigh sensitivity (94dB@2.83v/1m)
UniPivot coaxial tweeter
Adjustable, push-button tweeter level control
High-quality passive crossover components
Gold-plated, screw-type speaker terminals
What's in the box:
2 Infinity Kappa 682.11cf coaxial speakers
1 foam tape for mounting surface
Miscellaneous mounting hardware
- 25 – 300 watts suggested amplifier power range
- Infinity engineers designed the Kappa 682.11cf coaxial speaker to produce bold, clean sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 300 watts of power. This makes the Kappa 682.11cf an ideal upgraded coaxial speaker for systems powered with head-unit or factory amplifier power. They also handle the requisite power from aftermarket amplifiers that are part of very high-fidelity aftermarket upgrades. Remember, great power-handling specifications increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker, and that means that you’ll be enjoying the Kappa Series for many musical years.
- Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames
- Kappa automotive speakers benefit from light and strong composite Injected Carbon Glass Matrix (iCGM) frames. Kappa Series speakers resist the environmental extremes that a moving car can encounter. They offer superior rigidity, even when mounted on uneven surfaces (common in car mounting locations), plus exceptional damping of any resonances.
- Vented motor assembly
- The Infinity Kappa 682.11cf coaxial speakers feature a vented motor assembly to let the voice coil breathe. It reduces the probability of power compression with systems playing loud over a long period of time. It means an efficient use of amplifier power so that all the power delivered to the speaker is directed to the voice coil and not wasted as residual heat.
- Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The Plus One cone on the Kappa series provides more overall speaker-cone than others in its class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Also, the carbon-injected cone material produces a lighter and stiffer cone. The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important, nearly tangible musical notes that people often associate with a larger speaker size.
- Edge-driven, soft-dome fabric tweeter
- The 1-inch (25.4-millimeter) soft-dome, edge-driven fabric tweeter design in the Kappa 682.11cf speaker increases power handling while reducing high-frequency distortion. An edge-driven tweeter also has better dispersion characteristics and allows for a lower crossover frequency than comparable tweeters of its size, which improves imaging. The result is improved vocals and clarity in music. There’s no sense in having it loud if it doesn’t sound clean, too.
- 2-ohm nominal impedance
- The 2-ohm nominal impedance of the Infinity Kappa 682.11cf coaxial speakers allows compensation for any added resistance in thin, factory-installed speaker wiring and provides more output than factory speakers or other speakers in its class.
- Ultrahigh-frequency response (up to 25kHz)
- A wide frequency response that extends to 25kHz helps compensate for speaker placement variations in the car and human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that the Infinity Kappa 682.11cf coaxial speakers deliver more of the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- Ultrahigh sensitivity (94dB@2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wide range of power to have positive results without overdriving the audio system. With a sensitivity of 94 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 meter, the Infinity Kappa 682.11cf coaxial speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. This sensitivity means better performance overall with very moderate power, whether the speaker’s using a dedicated amplifier or not. The high sensitivity of the Kappa Series makes it ideal for upgrading a factory system’s existing speakers with very noticeable fidelity improvements.
- Adjustable, push-button tweeter level control
- The Infinity Kappa 682.11cf coaxial speakers feature 0-decibel and +3-decibel settings to custom-tune higher frequencies. Custom tuning allows users to optimize the sound for different in-vehicle locations. It’s easily adjusted by the push of a button on the coaxially mounted tweeter.
- High-quality passive crossover components
- The passive filter components in the crossover network of the Infinity Kappa 682.11cf coaxial speakers use only the best parts, including low-hysteresis polypropylene capacitors, air core inductors and high-quality resistors. They are engineered in a way to require minimal parts for the desired filtering, which also means minimizing phase-related anomalies. Overall, the combination results in each Kappa Series speaker having a unique filter arrangement with minimal but very effective parts to achieve true high fidelity, clarity and performance.
- Gold-plated, screw-type speaker terminals
- Gold resists corrosion from normal automotive use, which makes it ideal for the connections on Infinity Kappa speakers. By adding screw terminals, the speakers ensure tight, long-term connections that also allow reliable connection with the large-gauge speaker cables common in high-end aftermarket installations.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 6" x 9" Three-Way Loudspeaker
- 6" x 9"
- Frequency Response
- 40Hz – 25kHz
- Peak Power
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Nominal Impedance
- 2 ohms
- (2.83V/1m): 94dB
- Height (in)
- Width (in)
- Depth (in)
- Mounting Height (in)
- Mounting Width (in)
- Mounting Depth (in)
I was wondering why all the information on the Infinity Kappa 693.11i is incorrect. The information on the page is for the 6x8 / 5x7 size.
Thank you for your question, there are several kappa series on the owners manual 52.11i/62.11i/462.11cfp/ 682.11cf/693.11i
Date published: 2016-02-18