At A Glance:
Single 10" (254mm) MMD® low-frequency driver
27Hz - 150Hz frequency range
300 watts RMS
500 watts peak
50Hz - 150 Hz. 24dB/octave continuously variable
Legendary Infinity® engineering - speaker components seamlessly work together as an integrated system
Extremely low resonance enclosures - hear music exactly as it was recorded
Tweeter waveguides improve on-and-off-axis high-frequency response
Precision crossover networks
Patented MMD transducers significantly improve cone performance, providing ideal rigidity and resistance to precision sound across the entire spectrum
What's in the box:
1 Primus PS410 Subwoofer
1 Owners Manual
- The Infinity Primus® PS410BK - Not just loud. Accurate.
- Let's be honest - there's not a whole lot to a subwoofer. It's one big speaker that likes to get loud and shake pictures off the wall. So what separates a good sub from the not-so-good? It's more than power. Give anything enough juice and it will get loud. The secret to a good powered subwoofer is its accuracy and clarity. We should know. We invented the powered subwoofer in 1968. We've come a long way since then. With the Infinity Primus® PS410BK's Metal Matrix Diaphragm™ technology and low resonance enclosures, it possesses excellent transient frequency response - agile and sharp - and music is clean and movies rumble. Hear music the way it was meant to be heard, and experience a film score like never before, without the speaker changing or altering the sound - precisely as it should be. With its superb linear frequency response, you can fill any room with sound you can feel. Got an older system? Bring it to life with an Infinity Primus PS410BK subwoofer. Give your system a soul - just make sure you''ve secured your pictures to the wall first.
- Primus. Where home theater begins.
- The Infinity Primus® PS410BK is the perfect home theater companion. Give any film score that extra rumble and powerful bombast. Experience the cacophony of your favorite battle or chase scene with the clarity and soul of a movie theater experience. The Primus PS410BK brings long-term, plug-and-play, trouble-free enjoyment to home theater - unheard of at this price point - and it is the perfect complement to any 5.1- or 7.1-channel home theater system.
- Patented MMD® transducer technology.
- Derived from our patented CMMD® technology, the Metal Matrix Diaphragm™ (MMD) approach continues the Infinity tradition of using advanced materials to improve sonic accuracy. These diaphragms are much stiffer than standard metal ones - by anodizing both sides of an aluminum core, we're able to significantly improve cone performance and outperform cones made of paper, polypropylene or Kevlar® material. By virtue of its extreme rigidity and resistance to resonance, MMD® material is far more than just another diaphragm substance. It is an ideal diaphragm material for the ultimate listening experience. Sound propagates at a higher velocity in metals than in materials such as polymers and papers. Sound will travel through MMD material nearly twice as fast as it will through any other cone material - thus, moving unwanted resonances outside the audible range.
- Superior Infinity® engineering.
- The Infinity Primus® PS410BK's speaker drivers, baffles, cabinets and waveguides are designed to work seamlessly together as an integrated system - fitting together like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle. It begins with our ultra-precise transducers - the beating heart of the Primus PS410BK. MMD® technology doesn't change, color or distort audio signal sound the way diaphragms made of other materials do. This combines with the Primus speaker's low resonance enclosures to compound the precision qualities of the transducer, further eliminating mechanical distortion.
- Infinity - Legendary reputation. Uncompromising craftsmanship and sound.
- With the Infinity Primus® PS410BK, you not only experience the cutting edge in high-performance transducer technology and sound reproduction, you experience the cutting edge from the makers of Infinity products - some of the world's most innovative, high-quality audio equipment. The road to the Infinity Primus Series is a road lined with dozens of audio milestones: The Infinity Servo Statik 1a - the world's first powered subwoofer. The EMIT® (Electromagnetic Induction Tweeter) device. The revolutionary IRS speaker - the world''s first "reference" loudspeaker. The Prelude MTS® speaker - the world’s first powered tower speaker. Since 1968, innovative Infinity technologies, materials and manufacturing techniques have advanced the science of sound, and have set new standards in loudspeaker technology and performance. Infinity Primus Series speakers benefit from every Infinity innovation that has come before. This is where Infinity sound begins, and it''s well within your reach.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Frequency Response
- 27Hz – 150Hz
- Crossover Frequencies
- 50Hz – 150Hz, 24dB/octave, continuously variable
- Amplifier Power (RMS)
- Amplifier Power (Peak)
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 10" (250mm) MMD