Reference 1600aDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/infinity/REFERENCE+1600A.html
Item# REFERENCE 1600A
Additional InformationA more moving audio experience When you want a truly moving car audio experience, look no further than Infinity® Reference amplifiers. Expect extreme output with accuracy and detail for the ultimate listening experience on the road. For years, Infinity has led the industry with innovative materials and breakthrough engineering that has left the competition scrambling to keep up. Infinity Reference amplifiers feature technologies such as a Dynamic Bass Optimization (DBO) circuit and remote-level controls for the subwoofer and five-channel amplifiers. And Infinity Reference amplifiers are CEA®-2006 certified, so you already know you are getting all the power that you are paying for. So make your car audio system stand up and deliver by powering it with Infinity Reference amplifiers. Prepare to be moved.
We test it so you can crank it The last thing you want to worry about is your amplifier going bad on a long road trip. We understand. We test Infinity amplifiers according to the strictest and most demanding reliability-testing regimen ever designed for car audio amplifiers. We shake, bake, freeze, drop and shock them – all while they’re operating. When they’ve passed all these tests, we test them again. The result is a series of amplifiers that just don’t break. So go ahead and play them long and loud. We want you to.
At A Glance:
Efficient CEA-2006 certified Class D amplifier
Dynamic Bass Optimization (DBO) circuit
Remote level control
Full-range preamp outputs
- Efficient CEA-2006 certified Class D amplifier
- When you want your bass to really bump, you need all the good, clean power you can get. You need a subwoofer amplifier that is both powerful and efficient, which is exactly what you get with the Infinity Reference 1600a. The 1600a is an extremely efficient Class D design that delivers 600-watts RMS and nearly 900 watts of dynamic power into two ohms. Now, that’s some power. More than other types of amplifiers, this Class D design turns the power extracted from your vehicle’s charging system into output to your subwoofer. Since the 1600a is so efficient, less of its power is wasted as heat. You’ll appreciate that power when you have your system cranked up. What’s more, the 1600a is CEA-2006 certified. The Consumer Electronics Association’s testing procedure is based on accepted industry standards and is not some power spec made up to satisfy a marketing department. With Infinity, it ensures that you are getting every bit of power out of the 1600a that we say you will. So go for it. With the 1600a you are going to get cleaner, more efficient power going to your subwoofer – and you know what that means. It means get ready to rock and roll, because your vehicle is going to be shaking with bass.
- Dynamic Bass Optimization (DBO) circuit
- We want to make sure that you are getting every last bit of bump out of your system. Many amplifier companies offer simple bass-boost control for “more” bass. The problem with most bass-boost controls is that they can’t optimize the bass of your particular system. They can produce bass that sounds boomy and distorted, and can even damage your subwoofer. The Reference 1600a’s Dynamic Bass Optimization circuit does bass the right way by providing superior adjustability and control. It empowers you to boost the level of bass and has a high-pass filter that allows you to select and adjust the frequency of bass that you want to boost. You get not only more bass (for all you bass-heads) but better sounding bass as well.
- Remote level control
- We know that you are probably going to want just a bit more bass when you’re listening to Metallica than when you have your favorite Barry Manilow track playing. The Reference 1600a’s included remote level control makes adjusting bass output on the fly easy. First, set the input-sensitivity control on the amplifier for the maximum output level. Then mount the control somewhere close and use its simple rotating knob to dial up just the right amount of bass for whatever music you’re playing.
- Direct-connect terminals
- Maximizing the performance of your amplifier demands high-performance wiring. The Reference 1600a makes installing a reliable connection easy with high-quality, direct-connect terminals. Direct-connect terminals eliminate the need for additional solder-on or crimp-on terminals, and provide easy and reliable connections for power, ground and speaker wires.
- Full-range preamp outputs
- Once you have added the power of an Infinity Reference 1600a to your system, there’s a good chance that you are going to want more. The full-range preamp output connections on the 1600a allow you to build your dream system by adding another Infinity amplifier without requiring a splitter to divide the audio signal. As a result, you’ll get cleaner sound and an easier installation process. So go ahead. Take it up a notch and build the car audio system of your dreams.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Signal-to-noise ratio
- 85dBA (reference 1 watt into 4 ohms)
- Dynamic power
- 894 watts at 2 ohms
- Frequency response
- 11Hz – 330Hz (–3dB)
- Effective damping factor
- 6.3 at 4 ohms
- Maximum input signal
- Maximum sensitivity
- Dimensions (L x W x H)
- 14-3/16" x 9" x 2-11/16"
- Dimensions (L x W x H) mm
- (360mm x 229mm x 68mm)