Reference 5022iDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/brands/REF5022I.html
Additional Information5-1/4" two-way loudspeaker with Plus One® woofer cone and edge-driven dome tweeter.
5-1/4" two-way loudspeaker with Plus One® woofer cone and edge-driven dome tweeter.
At A Glance:
Plus One Woofer Cones
True Four Ohms
Edge-driven textile dome tweeters
Tweeter Level Adjustment
What's in the box:
2x 5022i speakers
2x sets of mounting hardware
- Plus One® woofer cones
- This patent pending technology deliver a cone with more surface area than competing models of the same size. The result is increased bass output and higher efficiency.
- True Four Ohms
- All Reference speakers feature two ohm voice coils. Original factory-installed speaker wiring in many cars is 18-22 gauge. This wire, and heating in the voice coil when power is applied, increase the impedance “seen” by the amplifier or head unit. The impedance of Reference Speakers has been adjusted to compensate for this increase and can be safely driven by any head unit.
- Edge-driven textile dome tweeters
- These are not commonly used w-domes, but fully-edge-driven domes like those found in better home audio speakers. The benefit is increased power handling and reduced distortion at high output levels. This technology also allows for better integration with the mid/woofer.
- Allows the tweeter to be pointed at the listeners location even when the speaker is mounted off axis. This optimizes the stereo image and ensures a more uniform response.
- Tweeter level adjustment
- The 5022i also features a tweeter level adjustment located on the front of the speaker and can be set at the reference level of 0dB. If the speakers are located low in the doors or if you are looking for a brighter sound, set the tweeter at +3dB
Manuals & Downloads:
- 5-1/4" 2-Way
- Power Handling, RMS
- Power Handling, Peak
- Nominal Impedance
- 2.65 Ohms
- Frequency Response
- Sensitivity (@ 2.83V, 1m)
- Mounting Depth