Reference 9603ixDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/infinity/REFERENCE+9603IX.html
Item# REFERENCE 9603IX
Does It Fit My Car?
Additional InformationFrom low to high notes, this three-way has it covered in style. The Infinity® brand is known for a heritage dedicated to great sound reproduction. Whether it’s the lowest notes of a bass guitar, the wide bandwidth of a piano or the cymbal crash in the highest frequency ranges, the Infinity Reference X Series of automotive speakers has it covered. The REF-9603ix is a 6" x 9", three-way, high-fidelity speaker. It offers several innovative features, including Plus One® (U.S. patent number 7,548,631 B2) polypropylene woofer cones, true 4-ohm technology, UniPivot™ (U.S. patent number 6,002,780) edge-driven fabric soft-dome tweeters, an onboard crossover network and a fully adjustable main tweeter level control. The three-way design of the REF-9603ix adds a super tweeter to reinforce high frequencies even further. With up to 300 watts of peak power handling, REF-9603ix speakers are equally suited for head-unit or external-amplifier power. Rigorous quality-control testing and voicing procedures ensure that they meet the tonal quality and power handling that you expect from Infinity products. With a Reference X Series speaker available in virtually any factory size, every vehicle can experience the high fidelity and great value performance of these innovative automotive speakers. Listen to the Infinity Reference X Series speakers and person, then decide for yourself. Your car’s sound system will transform when you upgrade it to Infinity Reference X. You’re going to love the sound.
From low to high notes, this three-way has it covered in style. Infinity® Reference X Series speakers are the ideal upgrade or replacement for many factory or aftermarket speaker locations. The Reference X Series includes the impressive REF-9603ix, a 6" x 9", three-way, high fidelity speaker. It offers several innovative features, including Plus One® (U.S. patent number 7,548,631 B2) polypropylene woofer cones, true 4-ohm technology, UniPivot™ (U.S. patent number 6,002,780) edge-driven fabric soft-dome tweeters and a fully adjustable tweeter level control. Rigorous Infinity testing and voicing procedures ensure that these individual parts all collectively blend in an extraordinary approach to deliver high-fidelity car audio. You’re going to love the sound from these speakers.
At a Glance:
300W peak power handling (100W RMS)
Plus One woofer cones
Vented voice coil
Edge-driven fabric soft-dome main tweeters
Three-way design featuring a super tweeter
Adjustable tweeter output level
High sensitivity (94dB@2.83V/1m)
True 4-ohm technology
Easily replaces a factory speaker and vastly upgrades the sound
What's in the box:
2 REF-9603ix three-way speakers
2 protective grilles
2 bottom-mount spacer rings
8 2" (50mm) self-tapping screws
8 speed clips
1 foam gasket with adhesive backing
2 Infinity stick-on logos
- 300W peak power handling (100W RMS)
- Infinity REF-9603ix 6" x 9" three-way speakers handle a full 300 watts peak power and a stout 100 watts RMS. This power rating ensures that you’re choosing speakers that will work well with a varied range of products, whether you’re installing them as an upgrade to a factory sound system or connecting them to an aftermarket head unit or dedicated power amplifier. (If you’re planning your audio system layout, the recommended power for REF-9603ix speakers is anywhere between 5 and 200 watts.)
- Plus One woofer cones
- The Plus One woofer cone is a patented technology designed to deliver more diaphragm area than other speakers in the same size class. Because of their increased cone area, Plus One cones move more air, thus playing louder and overcoming the road noise inherent in a car. By radiating more air more effectively, the speaker performs as if it were a larger model usually associated with better low-frequency response. The end result is bigger and better sound.
- Vented voice coil
- Infinity REF-9603ix speakers feature vented voice coils through their magnet and frame assemblies. Keeping the voice coils cool leads to greater power handling and increased reliability, and helps eliminate the power compression that can cause distortion. It’s just another way that Infinity engineers ensure that you’ll enjoy these speakers for the long haul.
- Edge-driven fabric soft-dome main tweeter
- The powerful, edge-driven fabric soft-dome tweeter design in the Infinity REF-9603ix main tweeter features greater power handling and lower distortion than conventional, coaxially configured tweeters. These enhanced performance characteristics allow a richer level of detail in high frequencies and, in particular, vocal clarity that is lifelike because of the improved integration with the woofer cone’s frequency response and radiating patterns.
- Three-way design featuring a super tweeter
- The Infinity REF-9603ix three-way design features a polyetherimide (PEI) super tweeter adjacent to the main tweeter in the center housing. PEI combines high temperature resistance, rigidity and impact strength for superior high-frequency reinforcement even at low power-input levels. Since the super tweeter’s dome and voice-coil former are formed of a single piece, this structure allows robust response well past 20kHz. The bullet-shaped phase plug on the super-tweeter element also helps to extend the high frequencies. This is just the kind of subtle attention to detail you expect from Infinity products.
- Adjustable tweeter output level
- Infinity REF-9603ix speakers feature an adjustable output on the high frequencies. You can easily adjust the tweeter output from 0 to +3 decibels to compensate for low and off-axis mounting positions, road noise or even the limited high-frequency response common in many highly compressed digital media files. You can handle the adjustment with a small button on the center-mounted tweeter/super tweeter housing itself. It’s also accessible through the Infinity supplied grille.
- High sensitivity (94dB@2.83V/1m)
- A speaker featuring high sensitivity allows a wide range of power and definitively high volume levels without overdriving the audio system. Featuring a sensitivity of 94 decibels at 2.83 volts / 1 meter, the REF-9603ix speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. These numbers mean simply great performance overall with even very moderate power driving the speakers. This feature makes the REF-9603ix speakers an ideal replacement for factory speakers as well as for any aftermarket installation.
- True 4-ohm technology
- Infinity Reference X high-fidelity speakers feature 3-ohm voice coils to ensure ideal performance, whether you use the speakers as an upgrade to a factory-installed audio system or connect them to aftermarket head units or amplifiers. By ensuring the safe 3-ohm load along with associated wiring and connections, the power delivered to the speakers is right on target with peak system performance and reliability, which is how the speakers’ true 4-ohm technology works. Get all the power you’ve paid for and enjoy effortless, high-quality sound in your car.
- Easily replaces a factory speaker and vastly upgrades the sound
- The Infinity REF-9603ix three-way speakers are part of a complete range of automotive speakers that fit factory-installed locations in virtually every vehicle on the road today. These speakers leverage the extensive Infinity pedigree of audio and engineering innovations, and deliver remarkable sound in your car. You’re going to love these speakers.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Handling (Continuous/Peak)
- Nominal Impedance
- 3 Ohms
- Frequency Response
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)
- Speaker Type
- 6" x 9" three-way car audio loudspeaker