BassPro SLDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/BASSPROSL.html
Additional InformationThe BassPro SL powered woofer fits under the front seat of many vehicles, and supplements a car audio system’s full-range speakers with powerful bass. Its shallow-profile, 8" woofer delivers low-frequency enhancement from a slim-profile enclosure. A crossover control and flexible EQ adjustments let you tune the BassPro SL to your system, your car’s acoustic environment and your listening preferences. The energy-efficient amplifier keeps its cool while powering the woofer. High-pass filters and limiters ensure remarkable performance, and input options increase installation versatility. The BassPro SL delivers a lot of bass, without taking up a lot of space.
The BassPro SL powered woofer fits under the front seat of many vehicles, and supplements a car audio system’s full-range speakers with powerful bass.
At A Glance:
Proprietary, shallow-profile woofer
Efficient Class D amplifier
Intelligent electronic design
Flexible EQ adjustments
Line- and high-level inputs
Wired, remote level control capability
What's in the box:
1 powered woofer enclosure
4 mounting screws
- Proprietary, shallow-profile woofer
- The 8" (200mm) woofer in the BassPro SL is designed specifically to provide low distortion and great bass performance in an ABS enclosure with a remarkably compact footprint.
- Efficient Class D amplifier
- The amp that powers the BassPro SL produces minimal heat, and it doesn’t require a lot of current from the car’s electrical system.
- Intelligent electronic design
- The BassPro SL employs high-pass filters and limiters that deliver exceptional at-the-limits performance.
- Crossover control
- A manual crossover control (50Hz – 120Hz) lets you adjust how much upper bass and mid-bass the BassPro SL produces. Fine-tune the crossover to achieve a smooth transition from the BassPro SL to the rest of the system’s speakers.
- Flexible EQ adjustments
- Level control adjusts the BassPro SL’s volume to the other speakers in your system, while Bass Boost control lets you minimize peaks or dips in bass frequencies in your car’s acoustic environment.
- Line- and high-level inputs
- For added installation flexibility, the BassPro SL features both line- and high-level inputs. If you use the high-level inputs to connect the BassPro SL to the head unit, an input load switch lets you switch from “Low” to “High” to achieve optimum results.
- Wired, remote level control capability
- The BassPro SL is compatible with the JBL GTO-RBC (sold separately), which enables you to control the level remotely.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Amplifier Power
- 125W RMS
- Maximum Current Draw
- Quiescent Current Draw
- less than 800mA
- Input Sensitivity
- 0.2V – 2V Line-Level Input; 2V – 20V High-Level Input
- Frequency Response
- 35Hz – 120Hz
- Crossover Frequency
- 50Hz – 120Hz
- Crossover Slope
- Bass Boost
- 0dB to +9dB @ 70Hz
- 9-7/8"; (250mm)
- 13-9/16"; (344mm)
- 8"; (200mm)
BassPro SL is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 4 out of 5 by lasthuman from Better than expected, you should really buy two! I just bought one for under the drivers seat in a Jeep Wrangler 4-door as part of a total JBL speaker upgrade from the factory basic sound system. This is great in a vehicle like a Jeep Wrangler where you want good sound but don't want a big subwoofer enclosure that will get stolen when the roof and doors are off. I didn't have high expectations due to its small form factor but it is a definite improvement in the low end response. It keeps up volume-wise fairly well with the amp built into my Pioneer AVH-4100NEX head unit (14w x 4). Having one under each front seat would definitely be ideal. Bass response below 40Hz is extremely limited, there is a steep low-end roll off but that allows for higher output volume without destroying the small 8" woofer.
Date published: 2016-02-01
Is it possible to install two of this kind of subwoofer (one below the passenger seat and the other below the driver seat)? Thanks in advance.
Thank you for your question, yes you can install 2 of them on your car and have a single splitter output for your subwoofer for mono install.
Date published: 2016-04-06