Additional InformationIt’s unobtrusive ? until you turn it on. With innovative technologies derived directly from JBL® Professional equipment, the JBL ES25CBK delivers powerful, accurate audio performance and brings legendary JBL sound from concert stages, recording studios and movie theaters home. You get 300 watts of peak power handling and hyper-realistic, deep, resonant bass – no unwanted distortion or boominess – from proprietary JBL dual 5-inch PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers. UHF drivers are capable of 40kHz and produce high-end nuances. EOS waveguides disperse high frequencies to make any seat the best one in the house.Request an Exchange
It’s unobtrusive ? until you turn it on. The JBL® ES25CBK brings JBL Professional equipment technology home. Get 300 watts of peak power and hyper-realistic, deep bass from proprietary JBL dual 5-inch PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers. UHF drivers are capable of 40kHz and produce high-end nuances. EOS waveguides disperse high frequencies to make any seat the best in the house.
At a Glance:
Proprietary JBL® dual 5" PolyPlas™ transducers
Proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide
Dual ¾" dome tweeters, pure titanium tweeter design
3-way speaker configuration
Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP)
Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP) design
Computer-optimized, bass-reflex port
Accurate frequency response
What's in the box:
(1) ES25C 3-way, dual 5" center-channel loudspeaker
(1) Owner's Manual
- Proprietary JBL® dual 5" PolyPlas™ transducers
- Stiff, lightweight PolyPlas™ transducers reproduce vocals with incredible accuracy and give great bass response. A seamless surround field is created. Distortion is minimized even at high volumes with a rubber surround for the driver. Together, they give you an unmatched audio experience.
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide
- Proprietary EOS Waveguide technology realizes the sonic response of your listening environment and delivers more precise imaging. You get ideally balanced music. Crisp dialogue. Smooth audio distribution. Every seat is the best seat in your home theater.
- Dual ¾" dome tweeters, pure titanium design
- The extremely thin but rigid titanium-laminate dome delivers accurate, undistorted high frequency response, even when the volume is way up. The end result is a full, clear, tight reproduction of high frequencies.
- 3-way speaker configuration
- Three-way speaker design and quality cones make for tighter, more precise bass and midrange reproduction. The JBL® ES25CBK offers a full range of frequencies and lifelike imaging.
- Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP)
- The ideal path from input to components to transducers is a straight line. The JBL® ES25CBK takes the shortest path possible. SSP technology preserves the clarity, detail and dynamics of the original audio content.
- Computer-optimized bass reflex port
- The JBL® computer-optimized bass reflex port extends deep bass response and eliminates unwanted turbulence.
- Outstanding audio output
- This small but muscular speaker offers 70 watts RMS and 300 watts of peak power, 3,000Hz crossover frequency at 24dB/octave, and 90dB sensitivity. Have fun.
- Accurate frequency response
- Nothing is over- or under-emphasized. With a frequency response of 80Hz ? 40kHz, the JBL® ES25CBK reproduces a true, full sound range ? from deep bass tones to ultra-high frequencies.
- Magnetically shielded
- The JBL® ES25CBK produces great, sit-anywhere sound in your room. And you can also put it anywhere, because it’s magnetically shielded for safe placement near your TV or display.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Handling (Recommended)
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- Crossover Frequencies
- 3000Hz – 24dB/octave; 12000Hz – 18dB/octave
- (2.83V@1m) 90dB
- Frequency Response
- (-3dB) 80Hz – 40kHz
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Dual 5" (130mm) PolyPlas,™ shielded
- Ultra High Frequency Transducer
- 3/4" (19mm) Polyester-film ring-radiator, shielded; EOS waveguide
- High-Frequncy Transducer
- 3/4" (19mm) Titanium-laminate dome, shielded; EOS waveguide
- Depth (mm)
- Height (mm)
- Weight (kg)
- Height (in)
- Depth (in)
- Width (mm)
- Width (in)
- Weight (lb)
ES25C is rated out of 5 by 9.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Eboo from Quality I have the es series speakers for 5 months now and this center speaker completes the system. You can't give much bass to this center speaker which is comman on all center speakers. But quality of the sound is unmatched. I have the harman kardon avr1710s receiver and u can adjust the frequency on it for all speakers which helps alot for specific speakers. Amazing sound
Date published: 2016-10-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by TurboSmith from This product (and others I have purchased) are AWESOME!!! They far exceeded my expectations. The specifications were very accurate. I am enjoying them very much. I have been very happy, not only with the products, but on-time delivery, condition upon delivery, etc.
Date published: 2016-03-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by honda600xr from Great Sound!!!! Had this speaker installed for several days and have put it through all I need to use it for and I am very pleased. I purchased it to replace a center speaker of my own design that was at least twice this size, bigger inclosure,bigger speakers and more of them! This blows it away! I have a 7.1 system with all JBL except the Sub, (using two of different brands now) and the 2 back speakers now. Hopefully those will come next!! Love JBL products!
Date published: 2015-03-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Lou95 from Simply fantastic sound! I ordered this item because the voice was lacking during movies, music, etc.. This center offers powerful, clear, voice and carries the sound beautifully. I actually ordered a pair of ES30's to pair up as the fronts. Not only does this system sound excellent, it looks sharp and fits with almost any room perfectly.
Date published: 2014-02-14
Rated 3 out of 5 by Mike T from Too much emphasis on the high notes. Seems to be missing the lower notes of a persons voice. When I watch TV, especially older shows, only the center channel speaker plays. When it does, it does not seem to have a full sound of a normal person's voice. It is though someone had an equalizer and emphasized the treble and de-emphasized the low notes. If I had a receiver with an equalizer, I could adjust it. However I do not have equalizer so I am stuck with it. My older center channel speaker was too tall to fit in my TV stand (7 5/8) high but the new one is 7 inches high and fits. I might mention when I watch movies and all the speakers are on (or playing music), then the center channel high notes only deficiency is not noticeable. Again, the problem only shows up on TV shows where the sound comes out of the center speaker only. I might upgrade my receiver to one with an equalizer.
Date published: 2016-01-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ross from Fantastic Sounds wonderful with my ES80s up front! The price is shocking.
Date published: 2015-12-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by bobbyd from Great speaker I added this speaker to replace a tiny center speaker. I've been replacing my speakers a little at a time, new JBL sub 1.5 years ago and JBL tower speakers a year ago. Adding the center channel speaker makes movies and music that much clearer. It was a great buy for a great price.
Date published: 2014-11-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pepewiz from A really great value for your money! This center channel has upgraded my previous system by leaps and bounds. It has very good midrange and deeper frequencies. The price can't be beat for overall quality. This whole line of speakers is really well priced for the sound quality you receive. Can't wait to pick up two more ES20's for rear surrounds! :)
Date published: 2014-12-18
When should we expect this item to be availlable?
The ES25C has been discontinued, it is sold out. Unfortunately we will not be getting any more in stock.
Date published: 2016-04-18
Do the ES90 and LS890 have similar black wood finish? Does the wood grain show?
Yes, that is correct. They are black, but you can see the wood grain through the black finish.
Date published: 2016-02-28
5 Year Warranty
Products purchased online or from an authorized local retailer and under warranty may qualify for an exchange with a valid receipt.
Purchases made from an unauthorized dealer will not be eligible for exchange.