Additional InformationThey’re unobtrusive ? until you turn them on. With innovative technologies derived directly from JBL® Professional equipment, the JBL ES80 delivers powerful, accurate audio performance and brings legendary JBL sound from concert stages, recording studios and movie theaters home. You get 400 watts of peak power handling and hyper-realistic, deep bass – no unwanted distortion – from proprietary JBL dual 6-inch PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers. A 4-inch midrange transducer is the heart and soul of great sound. UHF drivers are capable of 40kHz and produce high-end nuances – and EOS waveguides make any seat the best in the house.
They’re unobtrusive ? until you turn them on. The JBL® ES80 brings JBL professional technology home. Get 400 watts of peak power and muscular bass from the proprietary JBL dual 6-inch PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers. A 4-inch midrange transducer is the soul of great sound. UHF drivers are capable of 40kHz and produce high-end nuances. EOS waveguides make any seat the best in the house.
At A Glance:
Proprietary JBL dual 6" PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers
4" PolyPlas™ midrange driver
Proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide
Dual ¾" dome tweeters, pure titanium tweeter design
Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP)
Four-way speaker configuration
Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP)
Computer-optimized, bass-reflex port
Outstanding audio output
Accurate frequency response
What's in the box:
(1) ES80 Four-way, dual 6" floorstanding loudspeaker
(4) Self-adhesive rubber feet.
(1) Owner's Manual
- Proprietary JBL® dual 6" PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers
- Stiff, lightweight PolyPlas™ reproduces vocals with incredible accuracy and gives great bass response. A seamless surround field is created. Distortion is minimized even at high volumes with a rubber surround for the driver. Together, they give you an unmatched audio experience.
- 4" PolyPlas™ midrange driver
- A great midrange driver is the heart and soul of great sound – and where departures from faithful sound reproduction are most noticeable to the human ear. The JBL® ES80 midrange driver also uses PolyPlas™ technology. What you hear is true.
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide
- Proprietary EOS Waveguide technology realizes the sonic response of your listening environment and delivers more precise imaging. You get ideally balanced music. Crisp dialogue. Smooth audio distribution. Every seat is the best seat in your home theater.
- Dual ¾" dome tweeters, pure titanium design
- The extremely thin but rigid titanium-laminate dome delivers accurate, undistorted high- frequency response, even when the volume is way up. The end result is a full, clear, tight reproduction of high frequencies.
- 4-way speaker configuration
- Four-way speaker design and quality cones make for tighter, more precise bass and midrange reproduction. The JBL® ES80 offers a full range of frequencies and lifelike imaging.
- Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP)
- The ideal path from input to components to transducers is a straight line. The JBL® ES80 takes the shortest path possible. SSP technology preserves the clarity, detail and dynamics of the original audio content.
- Computer-optimized bass reflex port
- The JBL® computer-optimized bass reflex port extends deep bass response and eliminates unwanted turbulence.
- Outstanding audio output
- This small but muscular speaker offers 100 watts RMS and 400 watts of peak power, 3,600Hz crossover frequency at 24dB/octave, and 90dB sensitivity. Have fun.
- Accurate frequency response
- Nothing is over- or under-emphasized. With a frequency response of 45Hz ? 40kHz, the JBL® ES80 reproduces a true, full sound range ? from deep bass tones to ultra-high frequencies.
- Bi-wiring capabilities
- The internal dividing network enables bi-wiring capabilities that offer you more flexibility in amplifier selection ? and serious sonic advantages in the audio response.
- Magnetically shielded
- The JBL® ES80 produces great, sit-anywhere sound in your room. And you can also put it anywhere, because it’s magnetically shielded for safe placement near your TV or display.
- Bi-wiring capabilities
- The ES80’s internal dividing network enables bi-wiring capabilities that offer you more flexibility in amplifier selection ? and serious sonic advantages in the audio response.
- Magnetically shielded
- The ES80 produces great, sit-anywhere sound in your room. And you can put it anywhere, because it’s magnetically shielded for safe placement near your TV or video display.
Floorstanding SpeakerFloorstanding design delivers big theater sound provides a true home entertainment experience.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Wall-Mount Capable
- Crossover Frequencies
- 700Hz, 3.6kHz – 24dB/octave; 12kHz – 18dB/octave
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- Power Handling (Recommended)
- (2.83V@1m) 91dB
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Frequency Response
- 45Hz – 40kHz
- High-Frequncy Transducer
- 3/4" (19mm) Titanium-laminate dome, shielded; EOS waveguide
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Dual 6" (170mm) PolyPlas™, shielded
- Ultra High Frequency Transducer
- 3/4" (19mm) Polyester-film ring-radiator, shielded; EOS waveguide
- Midrange Transducer
- 4" (100mm) PolyPlas, shielded
ES80 is rated out of 5 by 45.
Rated 4 out of 5 by vSIG from Good sound from a pressed cardboard !! I always look and admired JBL...but when it comes to ES80 or ES Line I may have to stay a way from this product. Well, beside the grate sound and very good design...I don't like how JBL build the ES series, the speaker side cabinet is made of somewhat of special pressed cardboard and nor wood or plywood !? After this they will cover the whole cabinet except the front that is made of plastic with some black vinyl material... My last visit to Fry's electronic it shocked me when in the show room they had a damaged JBL ES80 and at the conner of the speaker someone was pilling layer of brown paper !!? I will let you be the judge :-/
Date published: 2014-06-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Craig from Surround Front Speakers If you are looking for a surround front speaker like I did for a month, then stop looking and buy these. I already had a JBL studio center channel and knew that JBL had great sound quality. These ES80's are terrific! The can be dual wired. There are actually five speakers in the cabinet. Two tweeters, two mids and a base that's ported out the back. I have mine dual wired from the receiver and about a foot from the wall and the base rocks. Awesome highs and lows. They blow out the sound from high range pings to mids to low. Movies are theatre-like in my house now. Even my wife is smiling. Get them now. That's my advice.
Date published: 2014-06-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by JBLCorvetteMan from Typically Great JBL Product! I bought these ES80 speakers a week ago and what a bargain they were. It is hard to believe I got speakers of this caliber for less than $200 each with free shipping. I will not purchase any loudspeaker other than a JBL as they are far and away the best made. The ES80 platform looks sleek and produces crisp highs, solid midrange response and deep, accurate bass. I am pushing them with a receiver that produces 70 watts RMS and these speakers will blow you right out of the house. I highly recommend these units for anyone that is looking for a quality speaker at a bargain basement price.
Date published: 2015-06-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by OC thehackle from THE ES 80! I bought the first pair almost a year ago. Shortly after I bought another pair. Last month I bough the 3rd pair. I have them powered by a orginal Yamaha MX 1000 amp that I had refurbished & upgraded. These speakers are an absolute jam! Especially for the price. I always have been a fan of JBL and have never purchased another brand. I used to own the old JBL 100T back in the day. But 2 6" woofers have amazed me with these speakers! Thanks again JBL! And to anyone wanting good speaks at a killer price? Your question has been answerd! My house is a concert hall of jams!
Date published: 2014-11-18
Rated 5 out of 5 by Ross from Highly recommended These speakers have the sweetest sound! I am in shock as to how good Birdman or Apocalypse Now (or any other movie with amazing audio) sounds. Audio really is half the movie and most people are missing out on that part. These do require a high power amp to sound good but that's fine with me. I also have the es25c in the middle, a great subwoofer, and good rear speakers. The overall audio is SO lush and real. Even youtube music videos sound absolutely wonderful now. AND the price is the deal of the century. I have told all my friends about them. Highly recommended
Date published: 2015-12-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by romeo72oo from Great Clarity and Rich Mid's I ordered these for my brother this year. As we sit and listen to our favorite tunes for almost a year now, these speakers never disappoint. As a matter of fact even his wife could hear the difference between my older model northridge II series and these. If you are looking for movie watching, music lover, or even audiophile quality, you should consider these at the top of your list. I am an acoustical engineer and I love these. It's not everyday you can sit down and enjoy speakers without wanting to re-engineer how they were built.
Date published: 2016-01-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by DanielS from Blown Away After two weeks of getting to know these speakers all I can say is i'm very happy with these speakers. They are a tremendous deal at $144 a piece. These are true full range speakers which don't need a sub for bass. I have these paired with the matching center, and surrounds with a hsu audio 10 inch sub. At full price they outclass any speaker under $500 a piece. Do yourself a favor and jump on this killer deal!
Date published: 2014-02-28
Rated 4 out of 5 by Sam3 from Great sound Purchased these as front speakers of a 5.1 system. Working with a Yamaha RX-840 reciever, Jbl center and two Bose back surround. The ES80 gives excellent sound in all aspects; movie, game or music. Dealing directly with JBL was painless. The speakers arrived as promised, properly packaged with no damage. I wil be replacing my back surounds with some JBL products when I can.
Date published: 2016-03-14
what is the height, width and depth of ES80?
Height: 42-11" (1084mm) Width: 8-3/4" (223mm) Depth: 13-1/2" (330mm)
Date published: 2016-05-10
Can it be directly connected to TV or an equalizer needed in between? How about to play from phone or tablet?
The ES80 is a passive speaker (no power). It must be connected to a stereo or surround sound receiver in order to function.
Date published: 2016-04-22