At A Glance:
Proprietary JBL dual 6" PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers
4" PolyPlas™ midrange driver
Proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide
Dual ¾" dome tweeters, pure titanium tweeter design
Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP)
Four-way speaker configuration
Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP)
Computer-optimized, bass-reflex port
Outstanding audio output
Accurate frequency response
What's in the box:
(1) ES80 Four-way, dual 6" floorstanding loudspeaker
(4) Self-adhesive rubber feet.
(1) Owner's Manual
They’re unobtrusive ? until you turn them on. The JBL® ES80 brings JBL professional technology home. Get 400 watts of peak power and muscular bass from the proprietary JBL dual 6-inch PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers. A 4-inch midrange transducer is the soul of great sound. UHF drivers are capable of 40kHz and produce high-end nuances. EOS waveguides make any seat the best in the house.
- Proprietary JBL® dual 6" PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers
- Stiff, lightweight PolyPlas™ reproduces vocals with incredible accuracy and gives great bass response. A seamless surround field is created. Distortion is minimized even at high volumes with a rubber surround for the driver. Together, they give you an unmatched audio experience.
- 4" PolyPlas™ midrange driver
- A great midrange driver is the heart and soul of great sound – and where departures from faithful sound reproduction are most noticeable to the human ear. The JBL® ES80 midrange driver also uses PolyPlas™ technology. What you hear is true.
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide
- Proprietary EOS Waveguide technology realizes the sonic response of your listening environment and delivers more precise imaging. You get ideally balanced music. Crisp dialogue. Smooth audio distribution. Every seat is the best seat in your home theater.
- Dual ¾" dome tweeters, pure titanium design
- The extremely thin but rigid titanium-laminate dome delivers accurate, undistorted high- frequency response, even when the volume is way up. The end result is a full, clear, tight reproduction of high frequencies.
- 4-way speaker configuration
- Four-way speaker design and quality cones make for tighter, more precise bass and midrange reproduction. The JBL® ES80 offers a full range of frequencies and lifelike imaging.
- Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP)
- The ideal path from input to components to transducers is a straight line. The JBL® ES80 takes the shortest path possible. SSP technology preserves the clarity, detail and dynamics of the original audio content.
- Computer-optimized bass reflex port
- The JBL® computer-optimized bass reflex port extends deep bass response and eliminates unwanted turbulence.
- Outstanding audio output
- This small but muscular speaker offers 100 watts RMS and 400 watts of peak power, 3,600Hz crossover frequency at 24dB/octave, and 90dB sensitivity. Have fun.
- Accurate frequency response
- Nothing is over- or under-emphasized. With a frequency response of 45Hz ? 40kHz, the JBL® ES80 reproduces a true, full sound range ? from deep bass tones to ultra-high frequencies.
- Bi-wiring capabilities
- The internal dividing network enables bi-wiring capabilities that offer you more flexibility in amplifier selection ? and serious sonic advantages in the audio response.
- Magnetically shielded
- The JBL® ES80 produces great, sit-anywhere sound in your room. And you can also put it anywhere, because it’s magnetically shielded for safe placement near your TV or display.
- Bi-wiring capabilities
- The ES80’s internal dividing network enables bi-wiring capabilities that offer you more flexibility in amplifier selection ? and serious sonic advantages in the audio response.
- Magnetically shielded
- The ES80 produces great, sit-anywhere sound in your room. And you can put it anywhere, because it’s magnetically shielded for safe placement near your TV or video display.
Floorstanding design delivers big theater sound provides a true home entertainment experience.
Magnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Legendary JBL Sound
You don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Manuals & Downloads:
They’re unobtrusive ? until you turn them on. With innovative technologies derived directly from JBL® Professional equipment, the JBL ES80 delivers powerful, accurate audio performance and brings legendary JBL sound from concert stages, recording studios and movie theaters home. You get 400 watts of peak power handling and hyper-realistic, deep bass – no unwanted distortion – from proprietary JBL dual 6-inch PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers. A 4-inch midrange transducer is the heart and soul of great sound. UHF drivers are capable of 40kHz and produce high-end nuances – and EOS waveguides make any seat the best in the house.
||700Hz, 3.6kHz – 24dB/octave; 12kHz – 18dB/octave||
|Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
|Power Handling (Recommended)
|Power Handling (Peak)
||45Hz – 40kHz||
||3/4" (19mm) Titanium-laminate dome, shielded; EOS waveguide||
||Dual 6" (170mm) PolyPlas™, shielded||
|Ultra High Frequency Transducer
||3/4" (19mm) Polyester-film ring-radiator, shielded; EOS waveguide||
||4" (100mm) PolyPlas, shielded||