Additional InformationThey’re unobtrusive ? until you turn them on. With innovative technologies derived directly from JBL® Professional equipment, the JBL ES80 delivers powerful, accurate audio performance and brings legendary JBL sound from concert stages, recording studios and movie theaters home. You get 400 watts of peak power handling and hyper-realistic, deep bass – no unwanted distortion – from proprietary JBL dual 6-inch PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers. A 4-inch midrange transducer is the heart and soul of great sound. UHF drivers are capable of 40kHz and produce high-end nuances – and EOS waveguides make any seat the best in the house.Request an Exchange
They’re unobtrusive ? until you turn them on. The JBL® ES80 brings JBL professional technology home. Get 400 watts of peak power and muscular bass from the proprietary JBL dual 6-inch PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers. A 4-inch midrange transducer is the soul of great sound. UHF drivers are capable of 40kHz and produce high-end nuances. EOS waveguides make any seat the best in the house.
At a Glance:
Proprietary JBL dual 6" PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers
4" PolyPlas™ midrange driver
Proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide
Dual ¾" dome tweeters, pure titanium tweeter design
Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP)
Four-way speaker configuration
Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP)
Computer-optimized, bass-reflex port
Outstanding audio output
Accurate frequency response
What's in the box:
(1) ES80 Four-way, dual 6" floorstanding loudspeaker
(4) Self-adhesive rubber feet.
(1) Owner's Manual
- Proprietary JBL® dual 6" PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers
- Stiff, lightweight PolyPlas™ reproduces vocals with incredible accuracy and gives great bass response. A seamless surround field is created. Distortion is minimized even at high volumes with a rubber surround for the driver. Together, they give you an unmatched audio experience.
- 4" PolyPlas™ midrange driver
- A great midrange driver is the heart and soul of great sound – and where departures from faithful sound reproduction are most noticeable to the human ear. The JBL® ES80 midrange driver also uses PolyPlas™ technology. What you hear is true.
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide
- Proprietary EOS Waveguide technology realizes the sonic response of your listening environment and delivers more precise imaging. You get ideally balanced music. Crisp dialogue. Smooth audio distribution. Every seat is the best seat in your home theater.
- Dual ¾" dome tweeters, pure titanium design
- The extremely thin but rigid titanium-laminate dome delivers accurate, undistorted high- frequency response, even when the volume is way up. The end result is a full, clear, tight reproduction of high frequencies.
- 4-way speaker configuration
- Four-way speaker design and quality cones make for tighter, more precise bass and midrange reproduction. The JBL® ES80 offers a full range of frequencies and lifelike imaging.
- Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP)
- The ideal path from input to components to transducers is a straight line. The JBL® ES80 takes the shortest path possible. SSP technology preserves the clarity, detail and dynamics of the original audio content.
- Computer-optimized bass reflex port
- The JBL® computer-optimized bass reflex port extends deep bass response and eliminates unwanted turbulence.
- Outstanding audio output
- This small but muscular speaker offers 100 watts RMS and 400 watts of peak power, 3,600Hz crossover frequency at 24dB/octave, and 90dB sensitivity. Have fun.
- Accurate frequency response
- Nothing is over- or under-emphasized. With a frequency response of 45Hz ? 40kHz, the JBL® ES80 reproduces a true, full sound range ? from deep bass tones to ultra-high frequencies.
- Bi-wiring capabilities
- The internal dividing network enables bi-wiring capabilities that offer you more flexibility in amplifier selection ? and serious sonic advantages in the audio response.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Floorstanding SpeakerFloorstanding design delivers big theater sound provides a true home entertainment experience.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Wall-Mount Capable
- Crossover Frequencies
- 700Hz, 3.6kHz – 24dB/octave; 12kHz – 18dB/octave
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- Power Handling (Recommended)
- (2.83V@1m) 91dB
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Frequency Response
- 45Hz – 40kHz
- High-Frequncy Transducer
- 3/4" (19mm) Titanium-laminate dome, shielded; EOS waveguide
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Dual 6" (170mm) PolyPlas™, shielded
- Ultra High Frequency Transducer
- 3/4" (19mm) Polyester-film ring-radiator, shielded; EOS waveguide
- Midrange Transducer
- 4" (100mm) PolyPlas, shielded
- Width (in)
- Width (mm)
- Weight (lb)
- Height (mm)
- Height (in)
- Depth (in)
- Weight (kg)
- Depth (mm)
ES80 is rated out of 5 by 48.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Craig from Surround Front Speakers If you are looking for a surround front speaker like I did for a month, then stop looking and buy these. I already had a JBL studio center channel and knew that JBL had great sound quality. These ES80's are terrific! The can be dual wired. There are actually five speakers in the cabinet. Two tweeters, two mids and a base that's ported out the back. I have mine dual wired from the receiver and about a foot from the wall and the base rocks. Awesome highs and lows. They blow out the sound from high range pings to mids to low. Movies are theatre-like in my house now. Even my wife is smiling. Get them now. That's my advice.
Date published: 2014-06-19
Rated 4 out of 5 by vSIG from Good sound from a pressed cardboard !! I always look and admired JBL...but when it comes to ES80 or ES Line I may have to stay a way from this product. Well, beside the grate sound and very good design...I don't like how JBL build the ES series, the speaker side cabinet is made of somewhat of special pressed cardboard and nor wood or plywood !? After this they will cover the whole cabinet except the front that is made of plastic with some black vinyl material... My last visit to Fry's electronic it shocked me when in the show room they had a damaged JBL ES80 and at the conner of the speaker someone was pilling layer of brown paper !!? I will let you be the judge :-/
Date published: 2014-06-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Eboo from jbl is all quality First time I'm using jbl for home theather and wow amazing sound I'm been using jbl for car audio for long time so I give it a try this thing puts smile on my face
Date published: 2016-05-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by justabrian50 from Can't Beat these for the price. Purchased these about 6 weeks ago to use as Mains in my 7.2 Home Theater setup. They are very Clear and play real loud without distortion. The Base is Especially Impressive, for such small drivers. Having said that, be advised.... These Speakers are Power Hungry. The more you can feed them, The Better they Sound. I am powering mine with a Yamaha RXV-667 receiver. (90w RMS per channel) I decided to try Bi-Amping them to see how they sounded. The results were Fantastic! Since Bi-amping uses up 2 additional channels, I had to revert to a 5.2 setup. The trade off was worth it. I am very pleased. My home Theater Room is 14'x29' w/10' high ceilings. I am using the ES80 Mains, ES25c center, and a pair of ES30 as rear/surround. Subwoofers are 2- Polk PSW505. I have Enjoyed JBL Speakers for years, and these are no exception. They are Wonderful, at their Price Point. My Advice?....... Go Ahead and Get Them. YOU WON'T BE DISAPOINTED!!!
Date published: 2014-03-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by romeo72oo from Great Clarity and Rich Mid's I ordered these for my brother this year. As we sit and listen to our favorite tunes for almost a year now, these speakers never disappoint. As a matter of fact even his wife could hear the difference between my older model northridge II series and these. If you are looking for movie watching, music lover, or even audiophile quality, you should consider these at the top of your list. I am an acoustical engineer and I love these. It's not everyday you can sit down and enjoy speakers without wanting to re-engineer how they were built.
Date published: 2016-01-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by Albert from Great Value I bought a pair of ES80 speakers and they are very good. I have several pairs of JBL speakers. L220, 4311b. These speakers will not let you down. Great job JBL.
Date published: 2015-08-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by DanielS from Blown Away After two weeks of getting to know these speakers all I can say is i'm very happy with these speakers. They are a tremendous deal at $144 a piece. These are true full range speakers which don't need a sub for bass. I have these paired with the matching center, and surrounds with a hsu audio 10 inch sub. At full price they outclass any speaker under $500 a piece. Do yourself a favor and jump on this killer deal!
Date published: 2014-02-28
Rated 5 out of 5 by NQan12 from Impressive Never expected such big sound from 2 6" woofers. I'm totally impressed.
Date published: 2014-01-24
what is the height, width and depth of ES80?
Height: 42-11" (1084mm) Width: 8-3/4" (223mm) Depth: 13-1/2" (330mm)
Date published: 2016-10-04
Can it be directly connected to TV or an equalizer needed in between? How about to play from phone or tablet?
The ES80 is a passive speaker (no power). It must be connected to a stereo or surround sound receiver in order to function.
Date published: 2016-04-22
1pcs or pair for $100?
5 Year Warranty
Products purchased online or from an authorized local retailer and under warranty may qualify for an exchange with a valid receipt.
Purchases made from an unauthorized dealer will not be eligible for exchange.