Additional InformationThey’re unobtrusive ? until you turn them on. With innovative technologies derived directly from JBL® Professional equipment, the JBL ES90 delivers powerful, accurate audio performance and brings legendary JBL sound from concert stages, recording studios and movie theaters home. You get 440 watts of peak power handling and hyper-realistic, deep bass – no unwanted distortion – from proprietary JBL dual 8" PolyPlas™ low-frequency transducers. A 4-inch midrange transducer is the heart and soul of great sound. UHF drivers are capable of 40kHz and produce high-end nuances – and EOS waveguides make any seat the best in the house.
They’re unobtrusive ? until you turn them on. The JBL® ES90 brings JBL professional technology home. Get 440 watts of peak power and muscular bass from the proprietary JBL dual 8" PolyPlas™ low- frequency transducers. A 4" midrange transducer is the soul of great sound. And nuances from UHF drivers are capable of 40kHz. EOS waveguides make any seat the best in the house.
At A Glance:
25 – 440 watts suggested amplifier power range
Proprietary JBL® dual 8" PolyPlas™ transducers
4" PolyPlas™ midrange driver
Proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide
Dual ¾" dome tweeters, titanium-laminate tweeter design
Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP)
What's in the box:
(1) ES90 Four-way, dual 8" floorstanding loudspeaker
(4) Self-adhesive rubber feet.
(1) Owner's Manual
- 25 – 440 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the ES90 loudspeaker to produce exceptional, full-range sound from a receiver or amplifier capable of delivering up to 440 watts of power.
- Proprietary JBL® dual 8" PolyPlas™ transducers
- Stiff, lightweight PolyPlas™ transducers reproduce vocals with incredible accuracy and give great bass response. A seamless surround field is created. Distortion is minimized even at high volumes with a rubber surround for the driver. Together, it gives you an unmatched audio experience.
- 4" PolyPlas™ midrange driver
- A great midrange driver is the heart and soul of great sound – and where departures from faithful sound reproduction are the most noticeable to the human ear. The JBL® ES90 midrange driver also uses PolyPlas™ technology. What you hear is true.
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) Waveguide
- Proprietary EOS Waveguide technology realizes the sonic response of your listening environment and delivers more precise imaging. You get ideally balanced music. Crisp dialogue. Smooth audio distribution. Every seat is the best seat in your home theater.
- Dual ¾" dome tweeters, titanium-laminate design
- The extremely thin but rigid titanium-laminate dome delivers accurate, undistorted high frequency response, even when the volume is way up. The end result is a full, clear, tight reproduction of high frequencies.
- 4-way speaker configuration
- Four-way speaker design and quality cones make for tighter, more precise bass and midrange reproduction. The JBL® ES90 offers a full-range of frequencies and lifelike imaging.
- Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP)
- The ideal path from input to components to transducers is a straight line. The JBL® ES90 takes the shortest path possible. SSP technology preserves the clarity, detail and dynamics of the original audio content.
- Computer-optimized bass reflex port
- The JBL® computer-optimized bass reflex port extends deep bass response and eliminates unwanted turbulence.
- Outstanding audio output
- This small but muscular speaker offers 110 watts RMS and 440 watts of peak power, 3,000Hz crossover frequency at 24dB/octave, and 91dB sensitivity. Have fun.
- Accurate frequency response
- Nothing is over- or under-emphasized. With a frequency response of 40Hz – 20kHz, the JBL® ES90 reproduces a true, full sound range from deep bass tones to ultra-high frequencies.
Floorstanding SpeakerFloorstanding design delivers big theater sound provides a true home entertainment experience.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Magnetically ShieldedMagnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Wall-Mount Capable
- Power Handling (Recommended)
- Power Handling (Peak)
- (2.83V@1m) 91dB
- Crossover Frequencies
- 500Hz, 3kHz – 24dB/octave; 12kHz – 18dB/octave
- Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- Frequency Response
- 36Hz – 40kHz
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- High-Frequncy Transducer
- 3/4" (19mm) Titanium-laminate dome, shielded; EOS waveguide
- Midrange Transducer
- 4" (100mm) PolyPlas, shielded
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- Dual 8" (200mm) PolyPlas,™ shielded
- Ultra High Frequency Transducer
- 3/4" (19mm) Polyester-film ring-radiator, shielded; EOS waveguide
ES90 is rated out of 5 by 13.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Robert DeLuca from Amazing Value I purchased these re-certified straight from Harman. Considering they shippped these beasts for free, it feels like I stole them from Harman they were so cheap. They are installed as the fronts in a 5.1 system about 8 feet from the listening position. I purchased them to round out the lower midrange and higher bass registers compared to my previous floor standers that only had 5.25" drivers. Mission accomplished, these speakers sound incredible. Came with very minor cosmetic damage near one of the feet and missing one bi-amp shorting plate. I really can't complain considering the price.
Date published: 2016-04-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by everhartm from True to the brand name - GREAT! I do not generally do not do reviews but in the case I felt it was important to share my impressions of this speaker and the ES line. Years ago I had a set of JBL L100's which to this day I regret ever getting rid of. They were a great speaker and so are these. In many ways the ES80 reminds me of the L100's and in particular how clear the middle and high end notes and voices are heard. Others have commented that the they are power hungry and I would agree but the nicest thing is when you do turn the volume up they are not harsh and everything just gets clearer. I also purchased the center channel and sub in this line and combined create an excellent listening environment that you just can't go wrong with.
Date published: 2014-09-19
Rated 5 out of 5 by WinSwim from Outstanding Speakers for the right room. I have been using these speakers for almost a year, and have only been happier with speakers when I bought my ADS L710's in 1974. The whole room rocks with a sub woofer that makes actions movies better at home than most Theaters. You need these speakers as the front speakers in a surround system , if you love movies. These speakers suck power, so you need over 100W of power. I am running 135W, and they can use more. Be careful as you may never want to leave your home. These are wonderful speakers.
Date published: 2013-11-21
Rated 2 out of 5 by Igor from Very disappointing! I have owned a pair of CF100s for almost 20 years and have always been impressed with the quality of their sound. The ES90s are very disappointing in all respects. First of all, the plastic pins connecting the grille to the speaker are so flimsy that several of the pins did not survive shipping. When I finally got the grille in place, it became clear that the grille does not fit properly - when all pins are in place, the grille is bulging out in several spots and the pins keep coming out of the holes. Second, when I connected the grille-less speakers to my NAD CD/Amplifier combination I realized that the ES speakers cannot properly reproduce mids and highs regardless - these speakers sounded like a boom box. I placed my old CF 100s next to the ES's for comparison and the difference is so apparent - it is not even funny: the CFs are superior to these new ES's.
Date published: 2014-08-31
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jclif9c1 from Wish I Didn't Live In A NY Apt! I Want To Crank Em These are seemingly large out of the box, but once they were in position they blended in with the room great. The sound is great but it needs more power and a larger space to get the best out of them. They could be a slight bit better in the mids, but movies sound awesome. I went with JBL because of my experience with their live sound speakers and these can help give you that feeling, and the neighbors too.
Date published: 2015-10-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by DaShmopies from Amazing speakers! I just got two of these for my 7.1 home theater system. I've used them for about a week and they sound perfect. They suck up power though so your gonna need a powerful amp to go along with it. It makes any movie I watch come to life with excellent highs, mids, and lows. These could easily be used in a stereo configuration without a sub woofer.
Date published: 2013-12-05
Rated 3 out of 5 by scott1955 from Great looking design I bought them a few months ago and haven't been totally sold on them. I'm a music lover but I don't always want the music loud. The only way to hear the quality sound these speakers produce is to have it cranked up. There are times when I want to blow the windows out but rarely.
Date published: 2015-08-18
Rated 4 out of 5 by Kevinator from Beware: JBL inches are smaller than everyone elses Overall they sound really good, I like the dual tweeters. 4 stars because the subwoofers are only 7 inches, you would think after charging 500 bucks for a pair of speakers they would be labeled correctly.
Date published: 2014-10-30
is ok to use a receiver with only 100 watts per channel
Absolutely. The wattage rating simply means that the speaker can handle UP TO x watts. A 100 watt receiver will be more than enough to drive these speakers.
Date published: 2016-05-10
What model was the predecessor to the JBL northridge e series ? Thanks .
Before the NORTHRIDGE ES series was the E series, and before that was the N series. for example, the N38II was the predecessor to the E speakers.
Date published: 2016-04-22
Is the jbl es90 biwire
Yes, the ES90 has the ability to work in a biwire configuration.
Date published: 2016-04-22