Are you behind the wheel? Or in the front row at a live concert? The GT5-12D will actually make you think about this question. It combines classic elements with modern JBL engineering breakthroughs. Check out competitors at a similar price point – you won’t find a more solid motor structure, or one that can handle more of whatever intense bass assault you can dish out.
At A Glance:
Big bass with Polypropylene woofer cone
Outstanding audio output, low distortion
Exceptional venting for increased power handling
Accurate frequency response
What's in the box:
(1) GT5-12D 12” dual voice-coil subwoofer
(1) Owner's Manual
- Big bass with Polypropylene woofer cone
- Road noise can destroy realistic audio that always requires true low frequencies. Polypropylene delivers rigidity, with good internal damping, and complete weather-resistance. You get an impossible-to-miss increase in thumping bass.
- Outstanding audio output, low distortion
- With 275 watts RMS and 1100 watts of peak power handling, the GT5-12D changes the experience of listening to your favorite music in your car. And a progressive spider gives better control for lower distortion at excursion limits.
- Exceptional venting for increased power handling
- Woofer motor structures heat up during use, causing distortion, or power compression that reduces music’s dynamic range, robbing the sound of realism. JBL uses vented motor structures and polepieces that get rid of more heat to deliver more serious bang.
- Accurate frequency response
- With a frequency response of 23Hz – 450Hz, the GT5-12D reproduces deep, teeth-rattling bass tones without distortion.
Manuals & Downloads:
- (2.83V/1m) 93dB
- Peak Power
- Nominal Impedance
- 4 ohms
- Frequency Response
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Power Handling (RMS)