Does It Fit My Car?
Additional InformationThe JBL® GTO Series of high-fidelity automotive speakers features innovative technologies that are engineered for the environment and for the conditions in today’s cars, which help them deliver exceptional sound. Using carbon-injected Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones, fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames, butyl-rubber surrounds and fabric tweeter diaphragms, the GTO Series automotive speakers are the ideal upgrade to any car’s audio system. GTO Series speakers, including component separates with woofer, tweeter and passive crossover, cover the most popular factory-replacement and aftermarket sizes. Other unique features ? such as UniPivot™ (U.S. patent no. 6,002,780) tweeter positioning and tweeter level controls on select coaxial models, and the I-Mount™ (U.S. patent no. 5,859,917) system for the tweeters in the component separates ? provide even greater installation flexibility so you can more easily achieve the ultimate in-vehicle sound experience. Easily installed and built to last, the JBL GTO Series speakers bring music to life in your car.
The JBL® GTO Series of high-fidelity automotive speakers feature innovative technologies that we’ve engineered for the environment and for the conditions in today’s cars to help them deliver exceptional sound. Using the Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer-cone technology and rugged construction materials such as carbon-composite frames, butyl-rubber surrounds and fabric-tweeter diaphragms, plus UniPivot™ (U.S. patent no. 6,002,780) tweeter positioning on select coaxial models and the I-Mount™ (U.S. patent no. 5,859,917) system for the tweeters in the component separates, the GTO Series automotive speakers are the ideal upgrade for any car’s audio system.
At A Glance:
25 – 75 watts suggested amplifier power range
Patented Plus One woofer-cone technology
Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames
Three-ohm voice coils
Vented magnet assemblies
Frequency response up to 21kHz
High sensitivity (91dB@2.83V/1m)
Industry-leading product development and evaluation standards
What's in the box:
2 GTO 329 loudspeakers
- 25 – 75 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the GTO329 coaxial speaker to produce exceptional, clear sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 75 watts of power. This makes the GTO329 an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels. Even better, the speaker matches many of the GTO Series’ amplifier combinations. As a result, it can keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers. And its great power-handling specifications also increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
- Patented Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The GTO 329’s Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Also, its carbon-injected cone material produces a lighter and stiffer cone. The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important musical notes that people often associate with larger speaker sizes.
- Carbon-Composite Non Magnetic Frame
- Looking for a longer lasting speaker? Look no futher than the GTO9 Series. Our Carbon-Compostie, non magentic frames maintain their integrity and precision even under thew most demanding conditions.
- True 4 Ohm Technology
- Three-ohm voice coils in the JBL GTO 329 speakers compensate for the added resistance by thin factory-installed speaker wiring. They also provide more output than factory-installed speakers in the speaker’s class.
- Vented magnet assemblies
- The JBL GTO 329 speakers feature vented magnet assemblies on the woofer/midrange driver to help cool the voice coil. Keeping the voice coil cool adds to increased reliability from greater power handling and helps eliminate power compression that can distort the speakers’ sound.
- Frequency response up to 21kHz
- A wide frequency response that extends beyond 20kHz helps compensate for speaker-placement variations in your car and for human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that the JBL GTO 329 coaxial speakers deliver more of the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- High sensitivity (91dB@2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wider range of power to provide great sound without overdriving the audio system. With sensitivity of 91 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 meter, the JBL GTO 329 speaker achieves excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. That means better overall performance with moderate power driving the speaker. And better performance makes these speakers ideal replacements for factory speakers as well as for any aftermarket speaker installation.
- Industry-leading product development and evaluation standards
- JBL technicians specifically evaluate each GTO Series speaker model in the development stages for overall and vocal-range voicing, intermodulation distortion (IMD) and performance at the limits of electrical and mechanical design. We also test according to strict carmaker reliability standards, both in development and in final production. All of these details are virtually unique to JBL car speakers, as most competitors do not even come close to this level of detail and oversight.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 3-1/2"; (87mm)
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Nominal Impedance
- 3 ohms
- Frequency Response
- Power Handling (Peak)
- (2.83V/1m); 91dB
- Mounting Depth (in)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (mm)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (in)
- External Diameter (mm)
- External Diameter (in)
- Mounting Depth (mm)