Does It Fit My Car?
Additional InformationImagine car audio so full of big boom, soundstage and detail, you’ll want to flick your rear view mirror just to see what your passengers in the back think. The JBL® GTO628 includes JBL® engineering triumphs like a Plus One® woofer cone, a My-Ti™ tweeter and a Unipivot™ rotating tweeter mount. Have a superior ride, just like that.
Imagine car audio so full of big boom, soundstage and detail, you’ll want to flick your rear view mirror just to see what your passengers in the back think. The JBL® GTO628 includes JBL® engineering triumphs like a Plus One® woofer cone, a My-Ti™ tweeter and a Unipivot™ rotating tweeter mount. Have a superior ride, just like that.
At A Glance:
Patented Plus One® woofer cone
Home theater-quality tweeter
Patented UniPivot™ rotating tweeter
More true sound from built-in crossover network
Unipivot just adjustable tweeter level on the three way
What's in the box:
(2) GTO628 6-1-2” two-way loudspeakers
(1) Owner's Manual
- Patented Plus One® woofer cone
- The JBL-only Plus-One® woofer cone is exceptionally stiff and lightweight, with up to 25 percent more active surface area than you’ll ever find on competing models of the same size. You get an audible boost in bass output and efficiency.
- Home theater-quality tweeter
- Listen loud. It’s a high-bandwidth, edge-driven dome tweeter with a large voice coil, like high-end home audio loudspeakers. The My-Ti™ construction (a proprietary Mylar-titanium composite) delivers great power handling. Extended high frequencies. And seamless integration with the woofer.
- UniPivot™ rotating tweeter
- Another JBL® feat of engineering: You can rotate the speaker nearly 360 degrees to point at the listening position for better high-frequency response. You get control of imaging and the soundstage even if the speaker has to be mounted low, somewhere in your car door.
- More true sound from built-in crossover network
- By using a built-in crossover network with advanced high and low pass filters, the GTO628 creates a smooth transition between the woofer and tweeter. The result? Midrange vocals that sound so natural and lifelike, you’d think the artist was sitting in the passenger seat.
- Outstanding audio output
- This muscular speaker system offers 70 watts RMS and 210 watts of peak power handling and 92dB sensitivity. Hit the gas and have fun.
- True 4-ohm topology performance
- For the most powerful performance, the GTO628 makes the best use of any amplifier by providing an optimum 2-ohm load. It uses a lower-impedance voice coil than a typical speaker to extract the most power and performance possible from all amplifiers engineered to drive loads of 4 ohms or less.
- Outstanding audio output
- This muscular speaker offers 180 watts of peak power handling and a frequency response of 50Hz to 21kHz. Hit the gas and have fun.
- Adjustable Tweeter Level
- The GTO 628 allows the tweeter level to be adjusted 0 to +3 decibels to compensate for low and off-axis mounting positions or road noise.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Grand Touring
- Power Handling (Peak)
- (2.83V@1m) 92dB
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Nominal Impedance
- 2 ohms
- Frequency Response
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 25mm (1") edge-driven My-Ti™ dome, pivoting
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- PlusOne® HCL™ honeycomb-laminate cone
- Crossover Frequencies
- HF cut: 0dB/-3dB