Does It Fit My Car?
Additional InformationPop the JBL® GTO6428 in any factory location with no special tools or modifications. You’ll suddenly have that big, booming bass and rich, crisp, detailed sound the JBL brand is famous for. In your car. Yes, your car. You’ll hear the power of JBL-patented Plus One® woofer cones and a My-Ti™ tweeter. A very large voice coil, like the best home audio speakers have, delivers crystal-clear, extended high frequencies for audiophile-quality performance. This is attention to detail rarely given to car audio. And it changes everything.
Hit the road with the big, rich, detailed sound the JBL® brand is famous for. In your car. Yes, your car. In addition to the serious bass of a Plus One® woofer cone, an edge-driven My-Ti™ super tweeter produces extended high frequencies like the best home audio speakers do. This is attention to detail rarely given to car audio. And it changes everything.
At A Glance:
Patented Plus One® woofer cone
Home theater-quality tweeter
More true sound from built-in crossover network
Can be safely driven by any head unit
True 4-ohm topology performance
What's in the box:
(2) GTO6428 4”x6” two-way loudspeakers
(1) Owner's Manual
- Patented Plus One® woofer cone
- The JBL-only Plus One® woofer cone is exceptionally stiff and lightweight with up to 25 percent more active surface area than you’ll ever find on competing models of the same size. You get an audible boost in bass output and efficiency.
- Home theater-quality tweeter
- Listen loud. It’s a high-bandwidth, edge-driven dome tweeter with a large voice coil, like high-end home audio loudspeakers. The My-Ti™ construction (a proprietary Mylar-titanium composite) delivers great power handling. Extended high frequencies. And seamless integration with the woofer.
- More true sound from built-in crossover network
- By using a built-in crossover network with advanced high and low pass filters, the GTO6428 creates a smooth transition between the woofer and tweeter. The result? Midrange vocals that sound so natural and lifelike, you’d think the artist was sitting in the passenger seat.
- Can be safely driven by any head unit
- The GTO6428 is compatible with aftermarket head units and factory-installed systems. Designed as replacements for impotent factory-installed OEM speakers, the GTO6428 is easily installed without any special tools or modifications.
- True 4 Ohm Technology
- Low-Impedance, three ohm voice coils compensate for the undergauged speaker wiring found in many of today's cars, and make the most of every watt your amplifier or head unit can deliver.
- Outstanding audio output
- This muscular speaker offers 120 watts of peak power handling. Hit the gas and have fun.
- Easy installation in any factory location
- Doing it yourself? The GTO6428 easily installs into nearly any factory 4-inch by 6-inch location without any special tools or additional modifications. You'll be listening to your new JBL® speakers in no time at all.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Grand Touring
- 4 x 6
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Nominal Impedance
- 2 ohms
- (2.83V@1m) 91dB
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Frequency Response
- Crossover Frequencies
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- PlusOne® HCL™ honeycomb-laminate cone
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 25mm (1") edge-driven My-Ti™ dome