Does It Fit My Car?
Additional InformationThe JBL® GTO 6429 is a “factory-sized,” 135 watts peak (45 watts RMS), two-way coaxial speaker system intended to be a direct factory replacement for many of today’s vehicles with 4" x 6" (100mm x 150mm) speaker locations, generally located in the dashboard. It features an edge-driven soft dome tweeter, Carbon-composite non magnetic frame and Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones. The GTO-6429 includes additional mounting adapter rings to increase ease of fit in vehicles with varied mounting-hardware patterns. There’s nothing else to buy. You need only enjoy the sound of your new speakers that bring the music to life in your car.
The JBL® GTO 6429 is a “factory-sized,” 135 watts peak (45 watts RMS), two-way coaxial speaker system intended to be a direct factory replacement for many of today’s vehicles with 4" x 6" (100mm x 150mm) speaker locations, generally located in the dashboard. It features an edge-driven soft dome tweeter, fiberglass reinforced plastic (FRP frame) and Plus One® (U.S. patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones. The GTO-6429 includes additional mounting adapter rings to increase ease of fit in vehicles with varied mounting-hardware patterns. There’s nothing else to buy. You need only enjoy the sound of your new speakers that bring the music to life in your car.
At A Glance:
25 – 135 watts suggested amplifier power range
Patented Plus One woofer cone technology
Fiberglass-reinforced plastic (FRP) frames
Three-ohm voice coils
Vented magnet assemblies
Frequency response to 21kHz
High sensitivity (92dB@2.83V/1m)
Speaker adapter mounting rings included
Industry leading product development and evaluation standards
What's in the box:
2 GTO 6429 coaxial speakers
2 mounting ring adapters
Miscellaneous mounting hardware
- 25 – 135 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the GTO 6429 coaxial speaker to produce strong, clear sound from a head-unit or amplifier capable of delivering up to 135 watts of power. This makes the GTO 6429 an ideal match to systems powered with head-unit or factory-amplifier power levels. Even better, the speaker matches many of the GTO Series amplifier combinations. As a result, it can keep up with systems that feature one or more subwoofers. And its great power-handling specifications increase reliability over the lifetime of the speaker.
- Patented Plus One woofer-cone technology
- The GTO 6429’s Plus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker cone area than other cones in the speaker’s class. With an effective increase in cone area, the speaker radiates more air. Also, its carbon-injected cone material produces a lighter and stiffer cone. The result is a better low-frequency response and a greater ability to make those important musical notes that people often associate with larger speaker sizes.
- Carbon-Composite Non Magnetic Frame
- Looking for a longer lasting speaker? Look no futher than the GTO9 Series. Our Carbon-Compostie, non magentic frames maintain their integrity and precision even under thew most demanding conditions.
- True 4 Ohm Technology
- Three-ohm voice coils in GTO 6429 speakers allow compensation for any added resistance by thin factory-installed speaker wiring. They also provide more output than factory-installed speakers in the same class.
- Vented magnet assemblies
- GTO 6429 speakers feature vented magnet assemblies to help cool the voice coil. Keeping the voice coil cool adds to increased reliability from greater power handling and helps eliminate power compression that can distort the speakers’ sound.
- Frequency response to 21kHz
- A wide frequency response that extends beyond 20kHz helps to compensate for speaker-placement variations in your car and for human hearing deficiencies in the high-frequency spectrum above 15kHz. The result is that GTO 6429 speakers deliver more of the full-range frequency response that you associate with great sound.
- High sensitivity (92dB @2.83V/1m)
- High sensitivity allows a wider range of power to provide great sound without overdriving the audio system. With a sensitivity of 92 decibels at 2.83 volts/1 meter, the GTO 6429 speakers achieve excellent volume and musicality with as little as 5 watts RMS. That means better performance overall with even very moderate power driving the speaker. And better performance makes the speakers an ideal replacement for factory speakers as well as for any aftermarket speaker installation.
- Speaker adapter mounting rings included
- The GTO 6429 speakers include an additional set of mounting adapter rings to allow the speakers to fit securely in a broad range of factory speaker openings that match this size.
- Industry-leading product development and evaluation standards
- JBL technicians specifically evaluate each GTO Series speaker model in the development stages for overall and vocal-range voicing, intermodulation distortion (IMD) and performance at the limits of electrical and mechanical design. We also test according to strict carmaker reliability standards, both in development and in final production. All of these details are virtually unique to JBL car speakers, as most competitors do not even come close to this level of detail and oversight.
Plus One® TechnologyPlus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 4" x 6"
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Frequency Response
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Nominal Impedance
- 3 ohms
- (2.83V/1m) 92dB
- Mounting Depth (in)
- External Diameter (in)
- 6-1/8 x 3-3/4
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (in)
- 5-3/4 x 3-5/16
- External Diameter (mm)
- 156 x 84
- Mounting Depth (mm)
- Mounting Cutout Diameter (mm)
- 145 x 84