Additional InformationFor over 60 years, JBL has engineered the precise, naturally articulated sound found in cinemas, arenas and recording studios around the world. That legendary JBL sound is now available anywhere personal audio travels – with a style all its own. JBL J55 headphones employ premium drivers that generate clarity and extended bass that competitive products simply can’t touch. Pure, accurate bass lets you hear the truth from your music. Our unique, DJ pivot mechanism lets you rotate either ear-cup up to 180 degrees, which frees up one ear to hear outside sound. The padded headband and ear cushions enhance comfort, and the single-side, flat elastomer cable resists tangling. A twist-lock mechanism secures the detachable cable when it’s connected to the ear-cup, and a rugged strain relief connector dampens resonance that can adversely affect sound quality. Bold styling, including brushed stainless steel ear-cup and headband accents, makes J55 headphones an aesthetic, as well as acoustic, triumph. An extension ring on the jack accommodates most smartphone cases, so you can stay connected and your phone can stay covered. And a padded carry pouch protects the headphones when they’re not on your ears. Now great JBL sound goes wherever you go.
Drawing on expertise learned from building some of the finest loudspeakers in the world, JBL engineers created lightweight, over-ear headphones with a fresh look and uncompromising JBL sound. The J55’s premium drivers generate clarity and extended bass that competitive products simply can’t touch. Pure, accurate bass lets you hear the truth from your music. Our unique, DJ pivot mechanism lets you rotate either ear-cup up to 180 degrees, which frees up one ear to hear outside sound. Bold styling details, including brushed stainless steel ear-cup and headband accents, make J55 headphones an aesthetic, as well as acoustic, triumph.
At A Glance:
One hit wonders sound like world beaters courtesy of the amazing clarity and deep, accurate JBL® Pure Bass
Check the scene with the DJ-pivot ear cups that flip up when you need to be aware of external sounds
Show some class with a sleek, contemporary design that incorporates stainless-steel accents and soft leather ear pads
Bold JBL design and premium finishing
Premium, high-performance JBL drivers
Rotating, 180-degree DJ pivot mechanism
Soft leather ear cushions
Single-side, detachable cable
Rugged strain relief
Gold-plated jack with extension ring
Padded carry pouch
What's in the box:
1 set of JBL J55 on-ear headphones
1 4' 3-3/16" (1.3M), single-side, detachable, flat elastomer cable
1 padded carry pouch
- Bold JBL design and premium finishing
- From the brushed stainless steel headband and ear-cup accents to the matte black or white housings, from the embossed, metallic JBL logos to the cable that matches the ear pads, these headphones are designed to be as pleasing to the eyes as they are to the ears.
- Premium, high-performance JBL drivers
- JBL drivers deliver precise, powerful sound for an exceptional listening experience. Bass is pure, deep and accurately produced – the calling card of legendary JBL sound. As a result, J55s outperform competitive products costing much more.
- Rotating, 180-degree DJ pivot mechanism
- Sometimes you need to be aware of more than just your music. J55 ear-cups rotate up to 180 degrees while you’re wearing them so you can keep one ear on your audio and one ear on external sounds or conversations. The ear-cups rotate under the headband for easy storage and transport.
- Soft leather ear cushions
- Our ear cushions feature a soft leather that provides longwearing comfort. It also helps maintain an acoustic seal on the ear, which improves the headphones’ passive noise reduction. And that means a purer listening experience.
- Closed-back design
- J55 headphones feature a closed-back design that blocks ambient noise and minimizes leaking. So the outside noise stays outside, and your listening experience stays yours and yours alone.
- Single-side, detachable cable
- Tangled cables are a constant source of frustration. But not with the J55s. The tangle-resistant, flat elastomer cable connects to just one ear-cup, which further minimizes tangling. The cable also detaches from the ear-cup for added flexibility.
- Cable-locking mechanism
- A unique, twist-lock mechanism keeps the detachable cable secure when it’s connected. When you plug the cable into the ear-cup, a simple twist locks it in place.
- Rugged strain relief
- A strong, secure connection between the housing and cable is critical for both durability and sound quality. Our rugged strain relief connector dampens vibration for enhanced acoustic performance.
- Gold-plated jack with extension ring
- The gold-plated jack incorporates an extension ring that works with most custom smartphone covers and cases. So you don’t have to slip off your protective case to connect the headphones.
- Padded carry pouch
- JBL sound is always worth protecting. An included padded carry pouch keeps the headphones safe from bumps and bruises when you’re not wearing them.
JBL sound is always worth protecting. An included carry case keeps the device safe from bumps and bruises.
Manuals & Downloads:
- On-ear style
- Input Impedance
- Frequency Response
- 10Hz – 24kHz
- 1-5/8-inch (40mm)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- 4' 3-3/16" (1.3M), single-side, detachable