Additional InformationDeep, accurate bass that costlier products can’t match. For over 60 years, JBL® engineers have crafted the precise, naturally articulated sound found in cinemas, arenas and recording studios around the world. That legendary JBL sound is now available anywhere personal audio travels. The premium JBL drivers in J88a over-ear headphones generate pure, accurate, extended bass that competing products simply can’t match. The headphones’ superb clarity means you hear the truth from your favorite music. Our unique DJ-pivot mechanism lets you rotate either ear cup up to 180 degrees, so one ear can hear outside sound. Bold styling sets the J88a headphones apart, while a padded headband and ear cushions make them as comfortable as they are distinctive. A single-sided, flat elastomer cable resists tangling, and a one-button mic/remote lets you take calls from your Android™ device without taking the headphones off. A twist-lock mechanism secures the detachable cable when it’s connected to the ear cup, and a rugged strain-relief connector dampens resonance that can adversely affect sound quality. An extension ring on the jack accommodates most smartphone cases, and a padded carry pouch protects the headphones when they’re not over your ears. JBL engineers take professional audio technology personally. With J88a headphones, you can too.
How does a brand known for engineering some of the world’s finest loudspeakers bring its signature sound to premium over-ear headphones? By engineering some of the world’s finest drivers. The J88a headphones’ JBL drivers generate pure, accurate, extended bass that competing products simply can’t match. Their superb clarity enables you to hear the truth from your music. Our unique DJ-pivot mechanism lets you rotate either ear cup up to 180 degrees, and a one-button mic/remote lets you take Android™ calls without taking the headphones off. Bold styling sets J88a headphones apart, and their uncompromising sound is pure JBL audio.
At A Glance:
Bold JBL design and premium finishing
Premium, high-performance JBL drivers
Rotating, 180-degree DJ-pivot mechanism
Soft leather ear cushions
Android-compatible, one-button remote with microphone
Single-sided, detachable cable
Rugged strain relief
Gold-plated jack with extension ring
Padded carry pouch
What's in the box:
1 set of JBL J88a over-ear headphones
1 4' 3-3/16" (1.3m), single-sided, detachable, flat elastomer cable
1 padded carry pouch
- Padded carry pouch
- From the brushed stainless-steel headband and ear-cup accents to the matte black or white housings, and from the embossed, metallic JBL logos to the cable that matches the ear pads, these headphones are designed to be as pleasing to the eyes as they are to the ears.
- Premium, high-performance JBL drivers
- JBL drivers deliver precise, powerful sound for an exceptional listening experience. Bass is pure, deep and accurately produced – the calling card of legendary JBL sound. As a result, J88a headphones outperform competing products costing much more.
- Rotating, 180-degree DJ-pivot mechanism
- Sometimes you need to be aware of more than just your music. J88a ear cups rotate up to 180 degrees while you’re wearing them, so you can keep one ear on your audio and one ear on external sounds or conversations. The ear cups rotate under the headband for easy storage and transport.
- Soft leather ear cushions
- Our ear cushions feature a soft leather that provides long-wearing comfort. It also helps maintain an acoustic seal on the ear, which improves the headphones’ passive noise reduction. And that means a purer listening experience.
- Closed-back design
- J88a headphones feature a closed-back design that blocks ambient noise and minimizes leaking. So the outside noise stays outside, and your listening experience stays yours and yours alone.
- Android-compatible, one-button remote with microphone
- Made for use with Android devices, the in-line remote offers standard playback functions. A built-in microphone lets you answer calls with remarkable clarity while leaving the headphones on.
- Single-sided, detachable cable
- Tangled cables are a constant source of frustration. But not with the J88a’s. Their tangle-resistant, flat elastomer cable connects to just one ear cup, which further minimizes tangling. The cable also detaches from the ear cup for added flexibility.
- Cable-locking mechanism
- A unique twist-lock mechanism keeps the detachable cable secure when it’s connected. When you plug the cable into the ear cup, a simple twist locks it in place.
- Rugged strain relief
- A strong, secure connection between the housing and the cable is critical for both durability and sound quality. Our rugged strain-relief connector dampens vibration for enhanced acoustic performance.
- Gold-plated jack with extension ring
- The gold-plated jack incorporates an extension ring that works with most custom smartphone covers and cases. So you don’t have to slip off your protective case to connect the headphones.
- Padded carry pouch
- JBL sound is always worth protecting. An included padded carry pouch keeps the headphones safe from bumps and bruises when you’re not wearing them.
Android CompatibleAndroid compatible cable design with remote/microphone cable included.
Built-in Remote/MicrophoneThe built-in remote/microphone allows you to adjust the source volume and answer calls.
JBL sound is always worth protecting. An included carry case keeps the device safe from bumps and bruises.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Over-ear style
- Input Impedance
- Maximum Range
- 8Hz – 24kHz
- 1-31/32-inch (50 mm)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- 1/8" (3.5mm) gold plated
- Flat-elastomer cable: 4' 3-3/16" (1.3M), single-side, detachable