Additional InformationFor over 60 years, JBL has engineered the precise, naturally articulated sound found in cinemas, arenas and recording studios around the world. That legendary JBL sound is now available anywhere personal audio travels – with a style all its own. The premium JBL drivers in J88i headphones generate clarity and extended bass that competitive products simply can’t compete with. Pure, accurate bass means you hear the truth from your favorite music and artists. Our unique, DJ pivot mechanism lets you rotate either ear-cup up to 180 degrees, so one ear can hear outside sound. Bold styling sets the J88i headphones apart, while a padded headband and ear cushions make them as comfortable as they are distinctive. A single-side, flat elastomer cable resists tangling, and an in-line microphone lets you take calls without taking the headphones off. A twist-lock mechanism secures the detachable cable when it’s connected to the ear-cup, and a rugged strain relief connector dampens resonance that can adversely affect sound quality. An extension ring on the jack accommodates most smartphone cases, and a padded carry pouch protects the headphones when they’re not over your ears. JBL engineers take professional audio technology personally. With J88i over-ear headphones, you can too.
How does a company known for engineering some of the finest loudspeakers in the world bring that signature sound to premium over-ear headphones? By engineering some of the finest drivers in the world. The J88’s JBL drivers generate clarity and extended bass that competitive products simply can’t compete with. Pure, accurate bass means you hear the truth from your music. Our unique, DJ pivot mechanism lets you rotate either ear-cup up to 180 degrees, and an in-line microphone lets you take calls without taking the headphones off. Bold styling sets J88 headphones apart, and the uncompromising sound is pure JBL.
At A Glance:
Party like an audiophile thanks to custom-engineered 2-inch (50-millimeter) drivers that produce high resolution, amazing clarity and deep, accurate JBL® Pure Bass
Check the scene with the DJ-pivot ear cups that flip up when you need to be aware of external sounds
Never lose the beat. The convenient three-button remote control with microphone allows you to answer calls then returns you to your music.
Bold JBL design and premium finishing
Premium, high-performance JBL drivers
Rotating, 180-degree DJ pivot mechanism
Soft leather ear cushions
Apple three-button remote with built-in microphone
Single-side, detachable cable
Rugged strain relief
Gold-plated jack with extension ring
Padded carry pouch
What's in the box:
1 set of JBL J88i over-ear headphones
1 4' 3-3/16" (1.3M), single-side, detachable, flat elastomer cable
1 padded carry pouch
- Bold JBL design and premium finishing
- From the brushed stainless steel headband and ear-cup accents to the matte black or white housings, from the embossed, metallic JBL logos to the cable that matches the ear pads, these headphones are designed to be as pleasing to the eyes as they are to the ears.
- Premium, high-performance JBL drivers
- JBL drivers deliver precise, powerful sound for an exceptional listening experience. Bass is pure, deep and accurately produced – the calling card of legendary JBL sound. As a result, J88i headphones outperform competitive products costing much more.
- Rotating, 180-degree DJ pivot mechanism
- Sometimes you need to be aware of more than just your music. J88i ear-cups rotate up to 180 degrees while you’re wearing them so you can keep one ear on your audio and one ear on external sounds or conversations. The ear-cups rotate under the headband for easy storage and transport.
- Soft leather ear cushions
- Our ear cushions feature a soft leather that provides longwearing comfort. It also helps maintain an acoustic seal on the ear, which improves the headphones’ passive noise reduction. And that means a purer listening experience.
- Closed-back design
- J88i headphones feature a closed-back design that blocks ambient noise and minimizes leaking. So outside noise stays outside, and your listening experience stays yours and yours alone.
- Apple three-button remote with built-in microphone
- Made specifically for use with iPhone and iPod devices, the in-line remote offers familiar audio playback controls. A built-in microphone lets you answer calls with remarkable clarity while leaving the headphones on.
- Single-side, detachable cable
- Tangled cables are a constant source of frustration. But not with the J88is. The tangle-resistant, flat elastomer cable connects to just one ear-cup, which further minimizes tangling. The cable detaches from the ear-cup for added flexibility.
- Cable-locking mechanism
- A unique, twist-lock mechanism keeps the detachable cable secure when it’s connected. When you plug the cable into the ear-cup, a simple twist locks it in place.
- Rugged strain relief
- A strong, secure connection between the housing and cable is critical for both durability and sound quality. Our rugged strain relief connector dampens vibration for enhanced acoustic performance.
- Gold-plated jack with extension ring
- The gold-plated jack incorporates an extension ring that works with most custom smartphone covers and cases. So you don’t have to slip off your protective case to connect the headphones.
- Padded carry pouch
- JBL sound is always worth protecting. An included padded carry pouch keeps the headphones safe from bumps and bruises when you’re not wearing them.
iOS CompatibleiOS compatible cable design with remote/microphone cable included.
Built-in Remote/MicrophoneThe built-in remote/microphone allows you to adjust the source volume and answer calls.
JBL sound is always worth protecting. An included carry case keeps the device safe from bumps and bruises.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Over-ear style
- Frequency Response
- 8Hz – 24kHz
- Input Impedance
- 1-31/32-inch (50 mm)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- 4' 3-3/16" (1.3M), single-side, detachable
J88i is rated out of 5 by 66.
Rated 3 out of 5 by jackson from Very Dissapointing I bought these headphones, which have a pretty good sound quality. The sound good and all but the first time I dropped them the completely cracked and became useless. The headband cracked where the orange plush cushion ends. Believing it was perhaps just bad luck (I drop stuff an average amount but never have my headphones broken after falling just once), I bought another pair the next week. A while later my dog knocked them off my desk by accident, and surprisingly they broke in the exact same place as the first pair. Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.
Date published: 2015-03-07
Rated 4 out of 5 by Kain323 from I've had them for a few days now, the volume up and down buttons only work sometimes for me (could be the phone) and they try to fall off my head if lay my head forward or move to fast, also they are huge so they stand out I'm in school so i use them a lot and everyone stares because they are so huge and draw attention but they sound incredible, i love the Bass and music through them, they only thing that could make the sound quality better would be noise cancelling I would buy these again
Date published: 2016-05-04
Rated 4 out of 5 by LawnMower from Very Solid For the Price Bought these on-line from JBL. The over the ear feature vs. the on sale price caught my attention. These are a big set of headphones. The construction seems very solid. When in motion the "skip to next song" button can seem hard to operate. Meaning instead of skipping the song, you turn the volume up or down. The max volume is not as loud as my sons Beats, but the price is no where near the same either. Bottom line is these headphones are serving my needs.
Date published: 2016-05-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Old School from This is quality! I have owned JBL and Harmon products for years. The quality, correct drivers, sound, balance and value for your dollar since the products lasts! I had to replace my 55i headphones because I wore the heck out of them. I am 50 and my friends poke fun at me thinking that I look like a fool wear big DJ Style headphones. Until they liste n to music through them compared to their earbuds. Pffffft. Who looks stupid now. Get these if u can get your hands on them!
Date published: 2016-04-29
Rated 3 out of 5 by Ted1224 from it's okay These headphones are huge. These headphones make my head look a peanut, when in reality my head is the size of a watermelon! The build quality is good there's some hard plastic. These headphones are so comfortable. Once you start listening to music you forget they're on. The sound is decent. I thought they would have a little more bass but that's okay. If you listen to genre's other than hip hop these headphones are perfect.
Date published: 2014-02-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sonoexplorer from Perfect Sound A very exciting experience. Awesome packaging, fantastic fit and sound is flawless. I bought two sets, one for myself and the other for my 13 year old son (wanted to make sure there was no temptation to borrow my pair). The headset drowns out most surrounding noise at low volume. At mid range nothing but a jet engine could disturb the clear crisp sound.
Date published: 2016-04-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by Teri from Simply the best! These headphones are nothing short of AMAZING! The sound is incredible - absolutely zero distortion, buzzing, etc., nothing but crystal clear sound. The bass is perfect, even if turned way up! The flat cord is great! I doubt you could find an easy way to damage it short of cutting it with scissors, you can literally jump up and down on it! I love that it locks into headphones too, so no chance of accidentally pulling it out. Not having to take my iPod out of my pocket when I want to skip a song or turn up the volume is just awesome. Saved the best for last - THE MOST COMFORTABLE thing you'll ever put on!! OMG are these things comfy! Crazy soft material, perfectly hugs your head and cups your ears. I own a bunch of different headphones by a variety of manufacturers including Denon, Turtle Beach, Beats, i-MEGO, and Bose, and I'm tellin ya, I cannot even say enough about how unbelievably WONDERFUL these headphones are in every single way! Simply the BEST!
Date published: 2014-04-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by DanielCurtis from Stunning! I took part in a mentorship program from my school in stamford ct and I got these headphones for free. Let me say they are absolutely AMAZING! I now hear so many elements of music that I have never heard before! The sound quality is amazing, lots of bass, and they're surprisingly noise canceling! Totally recommended!!
Date published: 2014-02-22
do they work android phone devices?
The three button microphone is only compatible with Apple products only, however; you will still be able to listen to music through the audio cable on non-IOS devices.
Date published: 2016-05-04