Cinema SB200Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/jbl/JBL+CINEMA+SB200.html
Item# JBL CINEMA SB200
Additional InformationYou’ve got a high-definition, flat-panel TV screen that flawlessly displays all the grandeur of your video the way that its creators intended. But how about the audio? Unfortunately, these screens don’t come with speakers that match the brilliance of their video. The JBL® Cinema SB200 provides you the outstanding JBL sound that we install in movie theaters throughout the world – and does it without compromising space or style. This two-channel soundbar speaker features dual 3-1/2-inch (89-millimeter) woofers, two 1-inch (25-millimeter) tweeters, a built-in amplifier that offers up to 120 watts, HARMAN Display Surround technology for 3D sound and dual-positioning equalization that optimizes the soundbar’s performance based on its location. Its high-excursion drivers and precision bass port work to deliver powerful, resounding bass, so there’s no need to add a separate subwoofer. But what makes the SB200 even more impressive is its integrated Bluetooth® technology, which allows you to stream music easily from digital audio devices such as your iPhone, iPad, smartphone, tablet, MP3 player, laptop or personal computer. But more than providing you with exceptional sound, the SB200 also looks fabulous. Able to complement flat-panel TVs that are 32 inches (812 millimeters) and larger, the JBL Cinema SB200 is ready to grace your living room with powerful bass and beautiful sound.
Your high-definition, flat-panel TV displays video beautifully and flawlessly. But ask yourself this: How does it sound? Unfortunately, the speakers in these TVs are small, and don’t match up to their brilliant video. The JBL Cinema SB200 gives you superlative JBL sound that is heard in movie theaters throughout the world – without compromising space and style. It’s a soundbar that features dual 3-1/2-inch (89-millimeter) premium cone woofers, two 1-inch (25-millimeter) dome tweeters, a built-in, 120-watt amplifier and HARMAN Display Surround, which provide listeners with a 3D listening experience from only two channels. The system also plays digital tunes with integrated Bluetooth® technology; simply connect your iPhone, iPad, smartphone, tablet, MP3 player, laptop or personal computer, and start streaming. Designed to complement flat-panel TVs that are 32 inches (812 millimeters) and larger the JBL Cinema SB200 is ready to make your TV sound as good as it looks with outstanding bass and beautiful sound.
At A Glance:
Hear big bass that eliminates the need for an external subwoofer
Wirelessly stream music from your smartphone, tablet and other devices
Experience room-filling, 3D sound from a single, stylish speaker
120 watts of built-in power
Exclusive HARMAN Display Surround technology
Dolby Digital decoding
Dual bass port provides thunderous bass
Analog and optical digital audio inputs
TV volume-learning capability
What's in the box:
1 Cinema SB200 system
1 IR remote control
1 power cable
1 optical audio cable
1 analog audio cable
1 wall-mounting bracket
1 warranty card
- 120 watts of built-in power
- The Cinema SB200 incorporates amplifiers, controls, left and right woofers and tweeters, and a built-in subwoofer solution into a single soundbar. Its built-in amplification simplifies system connections and operation, and offers up to 120 watts of power.
- Bluetooth technology
- Movies and TV shows aren’t the only things that sound better with a JBL soundbar. The Cinema SB200 wirelessly streams music from iPhone, iPads, smartphones, tablets, MP3 players, laptops and personal computers, delivering room-filling, full-range sound reproduction with exceptional bass.
- Exclusive HARMAN Display Surround technology
- Drawing from HARMAN expertise in movie theater audio, the Cinema SB200 lets you add cinema sound without adding multiple speakers. Employing proprietary HARMAN Display Surround technology, it creates a virtual surround-sound experience while preserving the original audio mix in its timbre and special balance.
- Dolby Digital decoding
- The Cinema SB200 decodes film soundtracks in their native format, which eliminates conversion stages that reduce sound quality. This setup helps the soundbar provide a superb surround-sound experience for multiple listeners.
- Dual bass port provides thunderous bass
- With a unique JBL design that uses two high-excursion drivers with dual port design, the all-in-one Cinema SB200 lets you enjoy impressive bass performance without making you find room for an external subwoofer.
- Plug-and-play solution
- The Cinema SB200 easily connects to any TV – and even includes all the cables that you’ll need. Easy to install, the soundbar requires virtually no setup. Just connect and play. What could be simpler?
- Analog and optical digital audio inputs
- The Cinema SB200 features enough inputs to connect a TV and a disc player, satellite tuner or cable tuner to the system. It connects directly to any television and increases convenience – no plugging and unplugging required.
- TV volume-learning capability
- The Cinema SB200 comes with a credit card-sized remote. However, this impressive soundbar speaker can also “learn” the IR (infrared) volume-control code of your existing TV remote control, taking away the need to keep track of yet another remote for controlling the volume on your soundbar.
- Dual-position equalization
- You can place the Cinema SB200 on a shelf or tabletop, or wall-mount it with hardware that we’ve included. A dual-position equalization feature optimizes the soundbar’s performance for any location. So you can position it where you choose without compromising sound quality.
- Bass boost
- Audiophiles respect JBL speakers for their exceptional bass response. And the Cinema SB200 lets you increase low-frequency performance by just touching a button on the included remote control. The added bass impact is ideal for films.
Allows you to wirelessly stream music through any Bluetooth enabled device.
Plug-and-PlayEasy to install, requires virtually no setup. Just connect and play.
Wall MountableYour speaker can be wall mounted for the ideal home entertainment experience.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Speaker Frequency Response
- 60Hz - 20kHz (-6dB)
- Speaker Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 60 watts peak per channel
- Power Consumption (Full Power/Idle)
- 60W (maximum)
- Power Consumption (Standby)
- less than 0.5W
- Amplifier Power (RMS)
- 60 watts peak per channel
- Power Requirement
- 100V - 240V, 50Hz/60Hz, 60W
- Speaker Low-Frequency Transducer
- One 3-1/2" (89mm) cone per channel
- Speaker Enclosure Type
- Speaker High-Frequency Transducer
- One 1" (25mm) dome per channel
- 4-9/16" (116mm)
- 35-1/2" (901mm)
- 4-1/16" (103mm)
- 11.5 lb (5.1kg)
Cinema SB200 is rated out of 5 by 42.
Rated 4 out of 5 by Berl51 from Love my SB200 I have had this for over a year now! The sound quality this this puts out is crazy amazing!!!! One complaint is the remote that comes with it is super cheap! My dad is ticked bc I did not contacted anyone but the remote seriously has not worked since about the 3rd month I had it. But I figure I can just turn it on when I'm watching my movies or listening to movies...but I am finding it to be an inconvenience now if I get a phone call or have people over so I do kinda wish I would have followed up on the little remote...but besides the cheaply made remote...you can't go wrong with the power and quality of sound you get out of this one compact bar!!
Date published: 2014-03-18
Rated 4 out of 5 by ChrisG26 from Love the sound, size a little large Was looking for a sound bar for a 32" TV. This rated the best in it's category, and then found it on sale on the JBL site. I couldn't pass it up with free shipping. Thanks JBL! The box arrived about 7 days later larger than I imagine. The reviews and specs said it would work well with 32" TVS and above. I would say based on the size, it is better for 37" and above. It sticks out and beyond left and right of my TV. It is really my only gripe. The sound using the digital optical port sounds is great, so much better than the junky onboard TV speakers. Also was super simple to setup.
Date published: 2016-05-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by PhilipsB from Fantistic for what I was looking for I could not be happier with the JBL 200 for what I wanted, which included: - Smaller soundbar around or under 36 inches - Full sound without the need of a subwoofer - Optical and Bluetooth connectivity - Aesthetically pleasing to look at Unpacking and setup could not be easier. I've been using it wired to my TV via the optical cord and to my Macbook Pro via BlueTooth. This is setup in my office / guest bedroom, which is smaller which I assume this product was designed for. I would probably look for something a big more robust for a larger living room.
Date published: 2013-08-26
Rated 4 out of 5 by Cool Pop from A very nice sounding soundbar. I've had this soundbar speaker for about 5-6 weeks now and I am pleased with the quality of the sound and especially the bass it produces. The SB200 does not have a separate subwoofer but it sounds fine without it. I also purchased the SB250 but returned it because I was not able to pair the soundbar with the subwoofer. I had JBL to exchange it for another SB200. This is a nice soundbar. I would have given it 5 stars if it had the feature that the SB250 has that prevents the volume increase during commercials. I highly recommend this soundbar.
Date published: 2016-01-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by Zackry35 from Great Product! Reliable and Durable! JBL products have always been reliable and durable for me. I questioned paying the extra money over another soundbar , however I have had a history with JBL. I found the system to be easy to set up with fiber optic wire. The system is amplified with a built in subwoofer. The system pushes 120 watts of clear sound. A week prior I had bought another soundbar that claims to push 133 watts...it was not bad but compaired to this JBL, the sound was so much better (it was clearier sound). The JBL sounds great with sporting events and movies. It has a great balance of clarity and bass. I have a 60 inch television, and the system works great with a decent size living room. JBL does have the SB100 and SB300 models, but the SB200 seems to be the best value and size (power) for any size television.
Date published: 2012-11-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by RLDsouza from Fantastic value for money! The quality of the product was more than what I expected, I love the BT feature most of all. The only drawback I would say is the system turns off after around an hour of playing over BT from my phone. Its a power saver option I guess, but it doesn't happen while watching TV so this is a minor inconvenience. Folks buying this should check out the clarity of the audio and the balanced bass which goes along with it. I have a small condo and this works perfect for me.
Date published: 2012-11-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by CodyL from The Sound is Incredible I had a large 7.1 surround system, and I sold it to get this soundbar instead. The setup took no time at all. It took me 5 minutes to hook it up and even learn my tv remote. The virtual surround sound option is amazing. All of my movies sound like I really am in the theater! The built in bass is powerful, even more powerful than the large system that I used to have! I would HIGHLY recommend this for anyone that needs great sound a great price!
Date published: 2012-12-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by dushawn from Great sound, easy to use and cool for transport This is a awesome speaker, the sound is amazin compare to the size, bass is awesome and u can connect with your mixer if ur a DJ and u can practise in your room with a good quality soundbar. The nice thing that nobody write about is automatic detect of bluetooth. When u turn on you computer u can just press play on your itunes and sound goes in a few secundes automaticly...awesom feature for a music addict :D
Date published: 2015-12-19