Cinema SB400Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/CINEMA+SB400.html
Item# CINEMA SB400
Additional InformationThe difference between merely watching a movie at home and being fully immersed in a cinema experience is JBL® sound. The JBL Cinema SB400 includes a two-channel soundbar for high-definition audio that complements your high-def video. It features four 2-1/4-inch (57-millimeter) cone woofers, two 1-inch (25-millimeter) dome tweeters, an amplifier that offers up to 120 watts of power, three HDMI® inputs (for multiple sources such as your cable box, DVD player, videogame console and computer), integrated Bluetooth® technology (ideal for streaming music from digital devices), dual-position equalization (which optimizes sound based on the soundbar’s location) and HARMAN Display Surround technology (which creates a surround-sound experience from only two channels). And for people who want more rumble and realism, the SB400 includes a separate, 200-watt, 8-inch (400-millimeter) wireless subwoofer with bass-boost functionality, which lets you tailor low-frequency response. Designed to complement flat-panel TVs that are 46 inches (1.168 meters) and larger, the glossy Cinema SB400 is ready to work with any type of A/V format and deliver the great JBL sound that you’ve come to love – and look great doing so.
High-definition TV is great – but what good is it if its sound doesn’t match the quality of its video? Fortunately, the JBL® Cinema SB400 system offers cinema-quality audio in a small space and high style. Its two-channel soundbar features four 2-1/4-inch (57-millimeter) woofers, two 1-inch (25-millimeter) tweeters, an amplifier that delivers up to 120 watts, integrated Bluetooth® technology for streaming music from digital devices, three HDMI® inputs and HARMAN Display Surround technology, which creates a 3D listening environment from only two channels. The system also includes a 200-watt, 8-inch (200-millimeter) wireless subwoofer with bass-boost control. The SB400 is everything that you can ask for in a sound system.
At A Glance:
Experience room-filling sound and floor-rattling bass from a single speaker and 200-watt, wireless subwoofer
Use its three HDMI inputs to connect devices like Blu-ray players, videogame consoles and cable boxes
Wirelessly stream music from your smartphone, tablet and other devices
120 watts of built-in power
200-watt, 8" (200mm) wireless subwoofer
Exclusive HARMAN Display Surround technology
Dolby Digital decoding
Analog and optical digital audio inputs
TV volume-learning capability
Full bass control
What's in the box:
1 Cinema SB400 soundbar
1 8" (200mm) wireless subwoofer
1 IR remote control
1 power cable
1 optical audio cable
1 analog audio cable
1 wall-mounting bracket
1 warranty card
- 120 watts of built-in power
- The Cinema SB400 incorporates amplifiers, controls and left and right woofers and tweeters into a single soundbar. Its built-in amplification simplifies system connections and operation, and offers up to 120 watts of power.
- 200-watt, 8" (200mm) wireless subwoofer
- Nothing draws you into the action like huge bass. The Cinema SG400’s 8-inch (200-millimeter), low-frequency transducer and built-in 200-watt amplifier deliver all of your entertainment’s impact, emotion and excitement. And because the system is wireless, it puts no unsightly cables between soundbar and subwoofer.
- Bluetooth technology
- Movies and TV shows aren’t the only things that sound better with a JBL soundbar. The Cinema SB400 wirelessly streams music from smartphones and tablets, delivering room-filling, full-range sound reproduction with exceptional bass.
- HDMI connectivity
- With three HDMI inputs, the Cinema SB400 provides convenient connection for multiple HDMI source components. It also includes one HDMI output with Audio Return Channel (ARC), which sends the TV sound back to the soundbar. This setup simplifies switching and makes the system easier to use.
- Exclusive HARMAN Display Surround technology
- Drawing from HARMAN expertise in movie theater audio, the Cinema SB400 lets you add cinema sound without adding multiple speakers. Employing proprietary HARMAN Display Surround technology, it creates a virtual surround-sound experience while preserving the original audio mix in its timbre and special balance.
- Dolby Digital decoding
- The Cinema SB400 decodes film soundtracks in their native format, which eliminates conversion stages that reduce sound quality. This arrangement helps the soundbar provide a superb surround-sound experience for multiple listeners.
- Plug-and-play solution
- The Cinema SB400 easily connects to any TV and even provides all of the cables that you’ll need. Easy to install, the soundbar requires virtually no setup. Just connect and play.
- Analog and optical digital audio inputs
- The Cinema SB400 features enough inputs to connect a TV and a disc player, satellite tuner or cable tuner to the system. It connects directly to any television and increases convenience – no plugging and unplugging required.
- TV volume-learning capability
- The Cinema SB400 comes with a credit card-sized remote control that can “learn” the IR (infrared) volume-control code of your existing TV remote control. You can literally control the soundbar and TV volume with the same remote.
- Dual-position equalization
- You can place the Cinema SB400 on a shelf or tabletop, or wall-mount it with the included hardware. A dual-position equalization feature optimizes the soundbar’s performance for any location. So you can position it where you choose without compromising sound quality.
Allows you to wirelessly stream music through any Bluetooth enabled device.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Plug-and-PlayEasy to install, requires virtually no setup. Just connect and play.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Subwoofer Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 100 watts
- Speaker Maximum Recommended Amplifier Power
- 60 watts peak per channel
- System Frequency Response
- 38Hz – 20kHz (–6dB)
- Subwoofer Power Requirement
- 100V – 240V, 50/60Hz, 100W
- Subwoofer Low-Frequncy Transducer
- One 8" down-firing cone
- Speaker High-Frequency Transducer
- One 1" (25mm) dome per channel
- Speaker Midrange Transducer
- Two 2-1/4" (57mm) cones per channel
- Speaker Height
- 3-3/4" (95mm)
- Speaker Width
- 43-5/16" (1100mm)
- Speaker Depth
- 2-1/2" (64mm)
- Speaker Weight
- 7.3 lb (3.3kg)
- Subwoofer Height
- 14" (355mm)
- Subwoofer Width
- 13" (329mm)
- Subwoofer Depth
- 12-5/8" (320mm)
- Subwoofer Weight
- 23.1 lb (10.5kg)
Cinema SB400 is rated out of 5 by 67.
Rated 5 out of 5 by TonyT from Smart Speakers = Smart TV I bought this speaker set at Christmas for my new Samsung TV. The engineering that went into this set of speakers is outstanding! Once you get the subwoofer dialed in, the sound is seemless. If you have never known JBL, you should know JBL. This... is... what... they... do. They build speakers that are amazing and nearly indestructible. I know this review sounds way too enthusiastic, but, it is true. I have learned over many years of sound reinforcement that when JBL is on the label, your life gets much easier. It doesn't matter what system you are working with. Please, don't take my word for it. Just try them. You won't be sorry! WORD!
Date published: 2014-04-06
Rated 4 out of 5 by spoken25 from Amazing sound! JBL does not disappoint! Two reasons I did not give it 5 stars. 1) no option for changing SB to Bluetooth. You have to change on SB. 2) I don't like the wall mount. It just seems cheap and I was worried if it would actually keep it on the wall. But, it has just fine. Overall. This sound bar kicks (I want to use a different word) butt!!! Sound is perfect. Looks GREAT! Very well built. I highly recommend purchasing if you are looking for a SB. I purchased a cheaper one a month before the JBL. It is rated as a good brand and has great reviews, but there is a night and day difference. Trust me...quit researching and buy the SB400!! Worth every penny!!!!!
Date published: 2013-07-17
Rated 1 out of 5 by Henry85 from Very disappointed I bought the SB400 about a year ago. It was working fine but then these strange popping noises started to show up. At first I thought it was the TV who sends these noises but then all of the available inputs on this device started to do it also. Suddenly while watching a movie the sound bar made this loud popping sound and nothing else worked well since. Now it sounds like you are watching a Beta Max of VHS movie with that horrible sound quality. Totally disappointed because it is an expensive piece of tech and ONLY 1 YEAR WORKING it is very frustrating. If warranties does not cover this poor but very expensive item; I'll never purchase something from JBL again.
Date published: 2016-03-01
Rated 3 out of 5 by StrikerONE from Remote Control faulty I have had this sound bar for 5 months. It sounds great. It has strong bass which sometimes over powers the voice sound. But the remote control works intermittently. I called the support number about remote. They said they would replace it free of charge but it wasn't not in stock at the moment to call back in July. So I'll let you know if the replacement works. Also I replace battery to see if that would fix issue with no luck. I'm loving the sound bar other than that and hope it doesn't fail on me like some of the other reviews. This sound bar has the most HDMI inputs on the market.
Date published: 2016-06-16
Rated 2 out of 5 by JBL4 Life from Sounds awesome.. except... on occasion it puts out a loud 'POP' or 'Crackle" on the bar. It's loud enough that you think it blew. We have a PS3 hooked into this using a monster HDMI cable, and the sole purpose of this bar is for movies. We don't 'crank' it up but it's loud enough so we can hear everything. During a movie it'll pop a couple of times out of nowhere, usually on a quieter part. It's so annoying. We bought iin 2013 as a Christmas gift and the pops started within a few months every other week or so. Now it's daily and enough is enough. The family says 'It either gets fixed or we go to the competition' and I'm a big JBL fan, so it hurts a little when they say competition. I'm hoping JBL will get this fixed or replaced.
Date published: 2015-08-03
Rated 4 out of 5 by Broadshade from Great sound! Setup was a breeze, even setting our U-Verse remote to the system was a snap. Sound quality is excellent, one of the best sounding sound bars I have ever heard. Especially in this price range. The only major flaw I found is that when you turn on the sound bar to listen to music through Bluetooth, the bar automatically turns the tv on. Which is annoying because there is no point in your tv being on if you are just listening to music. Even worse is the display it uses in this mode, it just has a JBL logo in the middle of the screen that is static. So if you have a plasma like I do it burns in really quickly. I wish it didn't turn the tv on or at least have a screen saver of some sort. Other than that great product.
Date published: 2015-02-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cactushugger from AWESOME This totally exceeded all expectations. I had previously tried several other soundbars w/ subwoofers, but they were either too tinny, did not have enough bass, were not loud enough, or a combination of the above. The JBL SB400 is very loud with a deep, rich, room-filling sound. I have a 30x25' room that opens up to the foyer, kitchen and a sideroom and the sound travels amazingly. I wanted something simple that had killer sound and bluetooth capability and this provided it. My only gripe is the remote being too small and other remotes not syncing well with it. I'm a musician and audiophile so to be impressed by this... it's saying a lot. I highly recommend. PS: I'm the most skeptical consumer when it comes to audio. This is definitely worth the money.
Date published: 2013-09-22
Rated 1 out of 5 by Dannyboy from Only works for a few months The first SB400 I bought worked for about 13 months. Without any reason, it stopped playing any sound. I did a complete trouble shooting procedure to verify it was the SB400 and not my television or associated equipment. I pleaded with the store to exchange for a new SB400 (which they reluctantly did). I now have the exact same issue with the new SB400. There is no sound coming from it regardless of source selection. Seems JBL has made a lemon. This is disappointing because I used to hold it's products in high regard.
Date published: 2015-08-14
I am looking into the SB 400 sound bar, if I buy a reconditioned pair, do they come with a warranty?
Our refurbished/reconditioned items come with a one year warranty same as our brand new units.
Date published: 2016-07-21