Additional InformationThe stylish JBL® Jembe™ two-piece entertainment loudspeaker system includes a built-in power amplifier and a Slipstream port that creates rich bass with low distortion from a 2.0 computer system. To let you listen to music, movies or games without disturbing others, a 1/8-inch (3.5-millimeter) headphone jack connects easily to your PC, laptop or portable MP3 music device. The Jembe loudspeakers fit unobtrusively on any desk or bookshelf, and can elevate a multimedia experience with the realistic sound quality that you’ve come to enjoy from all JBL products. The unit’s sleek black finish, matching metal grille and small form factor add enhanced user appeal that compliments any room. A large, top-mounted volume control simplifies sound-level adjustment.
The stylish JBL® Jembe™ two-piece entertainment loudspeaker system includes a built-in power amplifier and a Slipstream port that creates rich bass with low distortion from a 2.0 computer system. The 1/8-inch (3.5-millimeter) headphone jack connects easily to your PC, laptop or portable MP3 music device. The Jembe loudspeakers fit unobtrusively on any desk or bookshelf, and can elevate a multimedia experience with the realistic sound quality that you have come to enjoy from all JBL products.
At A Glance:
Slipstream port technologies
Built-in power amplifier
1/8" (3.5mm) headphone jack for personal audio devices
Stylish JBL Weave design
Compact and portable
What's in the box:
2 Jembe computer speakers
- Slipstream port technologies
- The Jembe loudspeaker system’s JBL Slipstream port technologies ensure powerful, smooth-sounding bass with low distortion. And that’s what virtually every listener wants.
- Built-in power amplifier
- The Jembe system’s built-in amplifier provides sufficient power and high-quality audio for rock music and high-action movies. The result sounds as if you’re sitting in a concert or at the movie theater listening in 2.0 mode, with an enhanced acoustic experience that adds depth and space.
- 1/8" (3.5mm) headphone jack for personal audio devices
- To secure an intimate sonic experience, JBL engineers have designed the Jembe system’s integral 1/8-inch (3.5-millimeter) headphone jack to work with all personal headphones. So go ahead: let the Jembe system give you a private concert.
- Stylish JBL Weave design
- The Jembe system looks sharp and stylish in any room. The speakers’ JBL Weave design represents a perfect convergence of form and function.
- Compact and portable
- The Jembe system will not clutter your desk or home. Because the loudspeakers are small enough to pack easily into a bag, you can take great sound wherever you go.
Plug-and-PlayEasy to install, requires virtually no setup. Just connect and play.
Auxiliary-input (aux in) connector allows you to plug into practically any audio device.
Manuals & Downloads:
- FCC/CE Approved
- Amplifier Power
- 6 watts per satellite at 1% THD
- Computer Speakers
- Power Requirement
- 12V DC, 1.5A
- Power Consumption
- 0.5W (standby); 20W (maximum)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- Frequency Response
Satellite Speaker Specifications:
- Satellite Height (in)
- Satellite Depth (mm)
- Satellite Depth (in)
- Satellite Width (in)
- Satellite Width (mm)
- Satellite Height (mm)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Input Sensitivity/Impedance
- 250mV for rated power / >5k Ohms
Jembe is rated out of 5 by 62.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Coyyai from Meh...Okay for $20 Kind of disappointed. Was expecting better. There is an amplified hiss that can be heard when a device is muted. Then there is this blinding white led light on the front of it. Not everything needs a light people. Especially when it lights up a bedroom when you are trying to sleep. I will use theses for something else and put the old JBL Pros that I got a garage sale for $5 back in place.
Date published: 2016-04-27
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mr Meowgi from Good Sound I use these for audio for exercise videos or games. They sound good especially considering what I paid. I bough refurbished and have observed no flaws. Some people get annoyed with a power saving mode but I always power off when done so haven't even seen this in action.
Date published: 2016-03-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by cblv from Great Speakers Used these in the garage with an old iPhone. Work great and I was able to get rid of an old stereo from the early 90's, uses up so much less space.
Date published: 2016-04-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jeff from Awesome!! I loved every part of my recent purchase. Great item, they sound great, fit my need. Would purchase again. The whole buying process was 5-stars.
Date published: 2016-04-22
Rated 1 out of 5 by mo 27 from Do not work I cannot get these to work on ANYTHING! I tried everything.
Date published: 2016-04-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by Improv Joe from nice works great , nice small speakers with a good sound
Date published: 2016-04-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hammy55 from Great equipment! Good sound and plenty of quality. Couldn't be happier.
Date published: 2016-03-29
Rated 5 out of 5 by Jambi from Tremendous sound and value for your dollar Wow, a tremendous pair of computer speakers that are well built, sound great and carry the JBL name. I listen to live concerts on these, video blogs and radio stations. At the very high volumes, low background levels or anything in-between, these speakers always sound great, well balanced, cohesive and composed. These speakers are very transparent and they simply get out of the way when listening to music. They simply leave you with just the artist and you in the room. You completely forget you are listening to a $50 pair of speakers. It's amazing that you can get such awesome sound for so little money.
Date published: 2013-09-12