JBL OnBeatDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/JBLONBEATBLKAM.html
Additional InformationBreak through the sound barrier with the JBL OnBeat™ loudspeaker docking station. Listen to all the music loaded on your iOS devices – iPad, iPod and iPhone – with the clear, high-quality audio that makes JBL® products world famous, at a price that no one can beat. Far more than just a dock for your iOS devices, the JBL OnBeat system opens up a 360-degree soundstage for all the media loaded on your iOS devices. How do we get such great sound from such a small system? DSP (digital signal processing) equalization augments the system’s two JBL Phoenix SE full-range loudspeaker transducers. In addition, the JBL OnBeat system makes videos more fun for the family to enjoy. An ingenious rotating dock lets you position iPhone and iPod devices in portrait or landscape mode for widescreen viewing while watching movies. You can even display videos on your TV for a whole crowd to enjoy. And while you’re enjoying the entertainment, the docked device is charging and will be ready to go when you are.
Break through the sound barrier with the JBL OnBeat™ loudspeaker docking station. Listen to all the music loaded on your iOS devices – iPad, iPod and iPhone – with the clear, high-quality audio that makes JBL® products world famous, at a price that no one can beat. How do we get such great sound from such a small system? DSP (digital signal processing) equalization, which augments its two Phoenix SE full-range loudspeaker transducers. In addition, the JBL OnBeat system makes videos more fun for the family to enjoy. Its ingenious rotating dock lets you position iPhone and iPod devices in portrait or landscape mode for widescreen viewing.
At A Glance:
7.5-watt output per channel
Docks iOS devices – rotates iPod and iPhone
Dual JBL Phoenix full-range transducers
Display video content on TV (cable not included)
Remote control up to 15 feet (4.6 meters)
Charges your docked iOS devices
Exclusive JBL Weave design
What's in the box:
1 JBL OnBeat loudspeaker docking station
2 AC power cords
1 remote control
1 iPod/iPhone adapter clip
1 Owner's Manual
- 7.5-watt output per channel
- Go ahead and rock out to your favorite tunes. The JBL OnBeat loudspeaker docking station’s 7.5 watts per channel lets you crank up the volume for a whole party to enjoy.
- Docks iOS devices – rotates iPod and iPhone
- The JBL OnBeat dock can accommodate iPod and iPhone devices. To watch videos and movies in widescreen mode, an adapter clip lets you rotate your docked device from portrait to landscape orientation.
- Dual JBL Phoenix full-range transducers
- Hear your favorite music on the JBL OnBeat dock with an accuracy and detail you wouldn’t have thought possible from a system this small. Full-range JBL Phoenix SE transducers with computer-optimized digital signal processing (DSP) deliver great JBL sound, even when you turn up the volume.
- iTunes syncing
- Connect the JBL OnBeat dock to your desktop or laptop computer via a USB connection. You can easily sync your iTunes collection to any docked device.
- Display video content on TV (cable not included)
- To watch video content on the big screen, simply connect the JBL OnBeat dock to your TV with a composite-video cable. What could be easier?
- Remote control up to 15 feet (4.6 meters)
- With the JBL OnBeat dock, you can control audio playback from up to 15 feet (4.6 meters) in any direction. Use the RF remote to navigate your iPad, iPod and iPhone playlists, photos, videos and menus from across the room.
- Charges docked iOS devices
- When you plug the JBL OnBeat system into an AC power source, it automatically charges your docked iOS device, even when the system itself is turned off. Your iPad, iPhone or iPod device will be ready to go when you are.
- Exclusive JBL Weave design
- With its dynamic JBL Weave design, the JBL OnBeat dock looks as good as it sounds and makes a stylish addition to any listening space. This sturdy dock is light and compact enough to fit almost anywhere, offering you the freedom to bring great audio wherever you go.
Apple 30 Pin Connector
Supports docking functionality with every Apple 30 pin device.
Auxiliary-input (aux in) connector allows you to plug into practically any audio device.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Consumption
- Power Output
- 2 x 7.5W
- Available Finishes
- Black, White
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- Input Impedance
- 10k ohms
- Frequency Response
- 70Hz – 20kHz
- Power Requirement
- 13v DC, 2.5A
- Two x JBL Phoenix SE full-range
- Depth (in)
- Height (mm)
- Weight (kg)
- Depth (mm)
- Height (in)
- Weight (lb)
- Width (in)
- Width (mm)
JBL OnBeat is rated out of 5 by 32431.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sean from Highly recommended - fits well into my lifestyle The unit offers high quality sound. You can crank up volume with no distortion - a far cry / improvement over other products found within this category. I like the unit's high-tech functionality and ease of use - the ability to connect the OnBeat directly into my TV is a nice value add. Essentially, I can watch music videos and supplement with sound from the dock system - cool concept. The unit is sleek and easy to bring along - most importantly, the price is right.
Date published: 2012-03-09
Rated 5 out of 5 by moriarty from brought life to many parties own it for a year and a quarter same great quality as day one. i haven't a product that doesn't sync up with it perfectly.
Date published: 2016-03-23
Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Great and easy to use station Recently picked this item up and have to say it is super easy to setup and use. Plug it in, pop in your phone and bingo, great sounding music.
Date published: 2011-08-05
Rated 2 out of 5 by BeachFan from Design Flaw Seldom would I be so negative towards any product, however as this product didn't satisfy the main reason why I purchased it, I must give it a poor rating. My carefully designed plan was to put my iPad 2 running some great clock application on my nightstand. I would be able to read the time without glasses, it's sort of a night light, and with the right application, even receive real-time weather information. During the day, I could listen to my favorite music and at night, have the clock application wake me up. Sounds like a great plan and a simple plan.... but noooooooooo. Some Product Manager trying to be overly Politically Correct thought engaging a Stand By Mode in the event your iPad doesn't generate any audio for some 10 minutes and thereby turning off the speakers would be a good idea... thinking it would save power... And to make matters worse, they decided not to go out of Stand By Mode in the event the iPad begins to speak... That means, unless you set your alarm for less than 10 minutes after you go to bed, the next morning you get to sleep in late... even if you had an important meeting to wake up for! My comments: 1) It would have been so easy for the JBL On Beat to detect the audio and automatically take itself out of Stand By Mode. My guess is that was the original plan but the final design ended up with a flaw. The good folks at JBL surly would not have intentionally designed something with such a glaring flaw. 2) Having earned a Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering for a major university, I am here to tell you the difference in power consumption between an amplifier that is engaged yet not producing any audio and this same amplifier in Stand By mode is insignificant. This is a "feel good" everything must be green feature rather than any significant savings in one's power bill. 3) To the best of my knowledge, this problem is 100% JBL and no iPad application, outside of something that makes a "keep alive" beep every 5 minutes or so, is going to correct JBL's design flaw. 4) As the iPad 2 is so thin, one needs to carefully line it up before inserting the iPad into its docking position. I would have liked to see some kind of a back-stop so I could seat the iPad as far back as this back-stop and insert. As it is now, one needs to line it up carefully... not a big deal, but again, a simple problem to fix so it's easier and quicker to mount the thin iPad 2. 5) OK... now the good news... assuming the JBL On Beat isn't in Stand By Mode, it sounds great! Perfect for a average sized room in that it fills the room with quality sound... for the price, the sound quality is more than acceptable. P.S. I represent everything above is true, I am the owner of the On Beat, and the above Intellectual Property is indeed mine... In other words, I represent that I am following JBL's website's Term and Conditions to the letter.
Date published: 2012-01-23