JBL PulseDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/JBLPULSEBLKAM.html
Item# JBL PULSE
Additional InformationLet your speaker be as unique as your taste in music with JBL-quality sound combined with a programmable LED light show in one portable speaker package. Completely wireless and Bluetooth®-enabled, stream your favorite music from any smart device and enhance it with your choice of programmed or customizable light themes. The JBL Pulse delivers a stereo punch with clear and powerful sound in a portable device that can turn any space into a party place ¬ for hours at a time. Who knew you could have this much fun in any space you choose? Great sound. LED-pulsed rhythms. And a portable party rolled up into one fun-friendly package.
Why live one-dimensionally when you can experience so much more? Imagine bringing your music to life – enhancing your sound experience with glowing, multi-colored visuals – wirelessly! Meet the multi-dimensional JBL Pulse – capable of transforming wherever you are into a party – featuring high-fidelity, room-filling JBL sound pulsed to a series of pre-programmed light themes controlling brightness and color plus wireless Bluetooth® for ease of connection to a wide range of smart devices. Download more color themes and keep the party jumping. JBL Pulse will change the way you enjoy the soundtrack of your life. Let JBL Pulse light your way.
At A Glance:
Unrivaled JBL sound with two high-performance drivers and a built-in bass port for clear, room-filling sound.
Built-in audio and visual experience with programmable LED lights that pulse to your music – wherever you want it to be.
Wireless Bluetooth® stereo streaming with NFC for use with any Bluetooth®-enabled smart devices.
Pre-programmed and custom-programmed light themes controlling brightness and color, pulsed to your music.
Rechargeable Li-ion battery for 10 hours of wireless fun.
Simplified set-up, easy connection and complete control with the JBL app.
What's in the box:
1 JBL Pulse portable stereo speaker with LED lighting
1 x USB adapter
1 x USB cable
- Unrivaled JBL sound with two high-performance drivers and a built-in bass port for clear, room-filling sound.
- The name “JBL” carries with it a reputation for quality sound with lifelike clarity and detail. Two 40mm drivers and a custom-tuned bass port provide room-filling sound with the high-fidelity sound reproduction you’d expect from a JBL product.
- Built-in audio and visual experience with programmable LED lights that pulse to your music – wherever you want it to be.
- Not only is it great to be free to take your music with you – wherever you want it to go but to provide it – wirelessly – in a portable design that also livens up any get-together with a Multi-LED light show? It’s a sound and vision renovation for the eyes and ears, giving you new ways to enjoy your favorite tunes – and then some.
- Wireless Bluetooth® stereo streaming with NFC for use with any Bluetooth®-enabled smart devices.
- Knowing you can deliver your sound preferences from any source device frees you up to spend more time having fun and less time planning for it. The spontaneity built into this instant-party sound system is one of its most exciting components.
- Pre-programmed and custom-programmed light themes controlling brightness and color, pulsed to your music.
- Variety is the spice of life – and you’re in control of what happens next. From five pre-programmed light themes to many more downloadable options, you can choose to match these to your music or exhibit your own creative touch by customizing the patterns of brightness and color yourself. And you can change it with a single touch. Either way, the entertainment’s on your terms.
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery for 10 hours of wireless fun.
- It’s sure not portable if you have to plug it in. And JBL Pulse can go anywhere and deliver wireless fun for up to 10 hours (music only) or 5 hours (music and light show) thanks to its rechargeable Li-ion battery. One less thing to worry about means the party starts now.
- Simplified set-up, easy connection and complete control with the JBL app.
- Connect two devices at the same time with the knowledge that you don’t need to be a rocket scientist to make it happen. Bluetooth® makes it simple – and instantaneous – to connect your mobile phone or tablet to satisfy all of your portable music needs – on a whim. The enclosed Quick-start guide makes it simple while the JBL app does the rest.
Allows you to wirelessly stream music through any Bluetooth enabled device.
LED LightsFeatures a Multi-LED light show giving you new ways to enjoy your favorite tunes – and then some.
Rechargeable BatteryFeatures a rechargeable battery for convenient portability and extended playback time.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Output
- 2 x 6W
- Power Supply
- DC 5V1A
- LED Lights
- 64 with 5 pre-programmed light patterns
- Frequency Response
- 100Hz – 20KHz
- Maximum SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- Battery Type
- Polymer Li-ion 3.7V/4000mAh
- Listening Time on Battery Power
- 5 hours
- Battery Charge Time
- 3 hours
- 2 x 1-1/2”(40mm)
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Bluetooth Transmitter Power
- Bluetooth Transmitter Frequency Range
- 2.402 – 2.480 GHz
- Bluetooth Transmitter Modulation
- GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8DPSK
JBL Pulse is rated out of 5 by 75.
Rated 4 out of 5 by AwesomeLED from A speaker that is actually fun! Used for 1 week so haven't had experience with battary life. However, it is cool speaker that can be even better in the creative area by leveraging the LED's. Here is some suggestion: (1) Expand JBL app to include beyond patterns, such as time, date, emotional icon (happy, wild, etc.), and messages (2) Open up the API for the user community to create apps to expand the basic profile provided by JBL I was looking for a way to expand the use of the JBL pulse speaker but unable to do that. I can imagine myself writing an app that can utilize the LEDs that can later be incorporated back into the JBL app. JBL, can you help?
Date published: 2014-05-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Andrew from Amazing. Amazing. AMAZING! Bought this today like 5 hours ago and I have been playing with it since. Its amazing. The sound quality is superb. the volume level blows my mind and is very very loud. not including what the phone volume can go to. still havent gone to max because i dont wanna blow the speakers haha. The build feels so premium and the metal and rubber feel is great. The lightshow settings and modes literally is why i bought this haha and honestly can not find a single bad thing about these speakers. They are portable and feels good in the hand. you HAVE to try this for yourself people. Its really a great bluetooth speaker! buy one. try it. and if you dont like it you can always get your money back!!!
Date published: 2015-01-08
Rated 3 out of 5 by China mon from NEEDS BIGGER BATTERY, CHARGE DEVICES, MIC FOR TALK I enjoy the colors really much on this speaker. Very cool very nicee.. High quality brand and all. Sounds amazing beyond amazing! It just needs a few more things to be PERFECT! Bigger battery for long lasting, charge external devices too, pick up and receive calls & answer with a button etc, & lastly a lazy man's remote or customizable remote thru iOS app etc..Also velcro somehow to hang anywhere we want it! car walls fridges, etc.. Even better pairing with other pulse like the beats to sync for louder more music in a room! Colors for Christmas a ++!
Date published: 2014-11-05
Rated 2 out of 5 by DDDD from Great Loud sound but background music too loud Bought the pulse at the airport last weekend. The unit can really play loud but I don't always want it loud. I like background music like seascapes, guitar etc. The units volume won't go low enough. Called support and I am returning it. I am told the flip2 has better low range. I am going to visit local stores maybe demo them. JBL I would suggest adding software feature to allow better volume control on low side. Maybe an application switch that changes from indoor to outdoor use where you want it louder outside.
Date published: 2016-05-07
Rated 4 out of 5 by drewM1 from EXCELLENT PRODUCT but............... Hands down.. Its a wonderful product! I'm having a great time with this new bluetooth speaker! Yes Its eyecandy and I really like that. Sound wise, the speaker sounds really good! No low bass but thats fine. There is a negative portion about this product. Its that JBL/Harmon Kardon chose NOT to include a case or protective sleeve. That's a bit mind boggling because the $150 JBL CHARGE comes with a protective case/sleeve. Come on guys really?? $200 for this and you can't even include a cover for this???
Date published: 2014-01-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by emma14 from All around a fantastic product I recently received this speaker as a present and I am greatly pleased. It is very easy to use and extremely worth getting. I sound is great, very very loud and also very fit to your own desire. The led lights are not customizable and the fact that they can go with the beat of the music is not the strongest of the many qualities, but the options available otherwise are more than fantastic. I would without a doubt recommend this to anyone looking for something to this field of music entertainment.
Date published: 2015-03-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by RBinSC from Love it. And the app is on google play. I got this delivered today, and haven't stopped playing with it. I hope they add more light patterns to the app though. You can only get the color pink when it's set to certain patterns. I wish I could get a pink/purple effect. It's loud enough that I think I'll be able to hear it over loud hot tub jets. I feel bad for anyone that bought that junky pill. Everything works with my note 2 just fine. Please add Pink as an option! It also sounds clear at max volume. I'm very happy with it.
Date published: 2014-01-10
Rated 3 out of 5 by Timothy from Doesn't play in stereo. I'm not as happy with the Pulse as I thought I would be. I connect from my iPhone 5C and the Pulse only seems to be playing one sound channel, rather than playing in stereo. Thinking the problem might be with my iPhone, I connected an mp3 player directly to the Pulse, and the sound is the same. I hear one channel loud and clear, but the other channel is very faint. I'd give the Pulse 5 stars if I was hearing stereo rather than almost mono.
Date published: 2015-03-15
Is there an aux input port for non Bluetooth devices?
Yes there is, the AUX port for our portable speakers are usually located beside the charging port of the speaker.
Date published: 2016-07-25
Is the JBL Pulse water proof or water resistant?
The PULSE 2 is neither a water proof nor a water resistant unit unlike the FLIP 3, CHARGE 2+, CHARGE 3 and the XTREME.
Date published: 2016-07-25
Does this work smoothly with iPhone 4s or iMac?
It should work smoothly with any bluetooth enabled devices. For your iPhone 4s or iMac, you might need to update corresponding software like the operating system.
Date published: 2016-05-18