JBL SoundFly AirDetails http://www.harmanaudio.com/jbl/JBL+SOUNDFLY+AP.html
Additional InformationFor more than 60 years, JBL® engineers have created, perfected and installed precise, naturally articulated sound in cinemas, arenas, recording studios and homes around the world. And now, they bring this same powerful sound to your home in a compact loudspeaker that requires no wires or shelf space: the SoundFly™ Air plug-in speaker. Designed to stream audio over your Wi-Fi® network, it delivers powerful sound anywhere in your home. Simply plug it directly into any wall outlet and press PLAY. This small wonder works seamlessly with your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Wi-Fi-enabled computers running the latest version of iTunes. A free, downloadable app gives you additional functionality so you can browse music with cover art, adjust volume and tone, and fully customize the digital signal processing (DSP) for the best sound wherever you plug it in. And, of course, the speaker features the computer-optimized equalization and optimized compression technology that are characteristic of the muscular but accurate JBL sound. For great sound from a small system, you can’t beat the new SoundFly Air speaker.
Meet the JBL® SoundFly™ Air AirPlay plug-in speaker. It plugs directly into your wall outlet. All you need is an Apple AirPlay-enabled audio device, such as an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, and a home Wi-Fi® connection. And don’t be fooled by the speaker’s size. This small wonder delivers a full spectrum of sound. A free, downloadable app gives you additional functionality so you can browse music with cover art, adjust volume and tone, and fully customize the digital signal processing (DSP) to get the best sound wherever you plug it in.
At a Glance:
20 watts of great JBL sound anywhere in your house
Works with Apple AirPlay-enabled devices
Free, downloadable app
Revolutionary plug-in design
Computer-optimized equalization (COE)
Optimized compression technology (OCT)
What's in the box:
1 JBL SoundFly Air plug-in speaker
1 snap-in AC plug adapter
Quick setup guide
- 20 watts of great JBL sound anywhere in your house
- All you need is a wall outlet if you want the great JBL sound that you’ve come to love. The SoundFly Air speaker features 20 watts of power amplification and frequency response up to 20kHz.
- Works with Apple AirPlay-enabled devices
- AirPlay technology in the SoundFly Air provides high-quality music streaming over your home’s existing Wi-Fi network. It also gives you remote access to all the audio content on your mobile devices, including your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and laptop computer
- Free, downloadable app
- Connect to your music with a single touch, using the free, downloadable app made exclusively for the SoundFly Air. Additional functionality includes the ability to browse music with cover art, adjust volume and tone, and customize the speaker’s digital signal processing (DSP) to get the best sound wherever you plug it in.
- AnyRoom audio
- Sync up to four JBL SoundFly Air speakers and enjoy listening to iTunes virtually everywhere in your home using our exclusive AnyRoom feature.
- Revolutionary plug-in design
- Plug the JBL SoundFly Air speaker into any AC wall outlet. You won’t need to find shelf space for this speaker or bother with messy wires.
- Computer-optimized equalization (COE)
- Computer-optimized equalization uses digital signal processing (DSP) to provide a rich musical soundstage. You’ll feel as if you’re in the front row while your favorite band is playing
- Optimized compression technology (OCT)
- Optimized compression technology (OCT) ensures clear, low-distortion sound at high output levels. Play your music loud, and OCT will reproduce it with sharp, accurate precision.
AirPlay CompatibleAllows you to wirelessly stream music through any AirPlay enabled device.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Weight (kg)
- Power Consumption
- less than 0.5W (Standby); 30W (maximum)
- Weight (lb)
- Power Requirement
- 100V - 240V AC, 50Hz/60Hz
- Frequency Response
- 60Hz - 20kHz
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- Depth (in)
- Height (in)
- 2-13/16" in
- Depth (mm)
- Height (mm)
- 92 mm
JBL SoundFly Air is rated out of 5 by 9.
Rated 4 out of 5 by maverick from Fantastic AirPlay for the bathroom! I bought the JBL SoundFly Air a couple of years back, and it sounds just great in my bathroom! I don't think I would want to use it anyplace else, but it's great for the bathroom. From what I recall, setup was easy. It was also easy to reconfigure when I changed my network setup. I have had a rare drop out or two, and I suspect that has to do with congestion on the wireless band.
Date published: 2014-12-22
Rated 5 out of 5 by licee from Great Feature I bought this item a month ago and I'm happy that I did [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]
Date published: 2017-04-07
Rated 1 out of 5 by langley from From JBL, I expected more Avoid these like the plague. They're embarrassingly unreliable and despite following connectivity procedures time and time again (with intermittent success) the device still fails to automatically sync to my wifi connection. The user interface is terrible and there is not even an AUX input to save the day. For the few times i've managed to get it working, the sound quality is great. With so much competition out there for small size speakers with similar sound quality, the JBL SoundFly AIR comes well short. You can get much better bang for your buck even within JBL's lineup.
Date published: 2015-08-17
Rated 2 out of 5 by Topher from Burned up after a couple of years I have always respected the sound quality of JBL home products for some time. And the sound quality of these did not disappoint. HOWEVER, from day one the unit ran HOT and after a couple of years eventually failed. This unit was $200 and I was expecting it to last longer. There is no path to have it repaired or replaced according to JBL tech support. (It appears the sensor in front of the wifi logo, to detect when touched, simply doesn't work anymore; therefore I can't reprogram the thing) Too, there was a considerable delay between starting the music and it actually being heard on the device. Not a big deal but it was annoying and to me, there is really no technical reason why this should be happening. I think the 'comptuer/network electronics' arm of JBL could probably use some help if they haven't fixed it already.
Date published: 2015-04-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by Glenn211s from Great speaker Bought a few days ago. Down loaded the JBL app. Read reviews that indicated problems so I was a little apprehensive. Connected ipad via cable to the speaker, Entered my wifi key number, it connected immediately, hit the air play symbol on the IPad and wa-la been listening to really great music. Speaker is very clear. When volume is near full, very little distortion. Checked to buy another but their sold out. Very satisfied.
Date published: 2016-03-25
Rated 1 out of 5 by roderickjay from Sounds Great...When It Conencts I purchased this for the great price of $39.95. I've been extremely pleased with JBL quality in the past, but this is a real downer. It sounds great when it plays, but it continuously drops the signal, extremely frustrating while working in my office listening to Focus@Will. Save yourself the frustration and get a wifi speaker.
Date published: 2015-08-25
Rated 1 out of 5 by WilliamPhD from Awful There is no way to hook it into my internet. Trying to send it back.
Date published: 2016-03-25
Rated 1 out of 5 by skalramd from Worthless (even if it had been free) I bought two, trusting JBL quality. Connected easily to my home network (Airport based as required) but that was the last successful thing it accomplished. Streams erratically, drops out continuously and now one will not even start to stream. Lights and indicators all flash as if all is well - ha!
Date published: 2015-06-30