Additional InformationThe JBL® L226C in-ceiling loudspeaker doesn’t just save valuable floor and shelf space; it delivers high sound quality from your home theater or music system by accurately reproducing audio throughout the frequency response range, with 125 watts of peak power handling. The combination of a 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) aluminum tweeter and a swivel-mounted, titanium-laminate tweeter ensures that the L226C delivers the exceptional bass and clear high frequencies that you expect from 60-plus years of JBL expertise. Courtesy of a proprietary waveguide originally designed for JBL Professional studio monitors, the L226C distributes precision sound evenly throughout the listening area. The L226C’s shallow mounting depth and light weight increase your installation options, while its paintable frame and grille help the in-wall loudspeaker blend into any room décor.
The JBL® L226C in-ceiling loudspeaker doesn’t just save valuable floor and shelf space; it delivers high sound quality from your home theater or music system by accurately reproducing audio throughout the frequency range, with 125 watts of peak power handling. The combination of a 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) aluminum woofer and a swivel-mounted, titanium-laminate tweeter ensures that the L226C delivers the exceptional bass and clear high frequencies that you expect from 60-plus years of JBL expertise.
At A Glance:
25 – 125 watts suggested amplifier power range
6-1/2" (165mm) aluminum cone
Detailed high-frequency sound reproduction
Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) waveguide for “sit-anywhere” sound
Low profile and easy installation
Paintable grille and frame
What's in the box:
(1) L226C 2-way, 6-1/2" in-ceiling loudspeaker
(1) Mounting template
(1) Paint shield
(1) Owner's Manual
- 25 – 125 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the L226C in-ceiling loudspeaker to produce impressive, full-range sound from an AVR (audio/video receiver) or amplifier capable of delivering up to 125 watts of power.
- 6-1/2" (165mm) aluminum cone
- Realistic reproduction of music requires clean, undistorted low frequencies. The JBL L226C in-ceiling loudspeaker features a 6-1/2-inch (165-millimeter) aluminum woofer cone that not only delivers deep, room-filling bass with reduced distortion but also anchors an extended frequency response. The result is enveloping, satisfying audio reproduction from the bottom up.
- Detailed high-frequency sound reproduction
- The L226C’s thin but rigid 1-inch (25-millimeter) titanium-laminate tweeter delivers accurate, clear high-frequency response, even at high volume levels. The tweeter’s swivel-mount means that you can direct high frequencies exactly where you want them, while an independent level control lets you optimize the tweeter’s performance.
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal (EOS) waveguide for “sit-anywhere” sound
- Forget about “sweet spots.” With proprietary JBL Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal (EOS) waveguide technology, your whole room becomes a perfect listening position. Originally designed for JBL Professional LSR studio monitors, the L226C in-ceiling loudspeaker’s EOS waveguide distributes sound evenly throughout the playback area.
- Low profile and easy installation
- With a mounting depth of just 4-1/8 inches (104 millimeters) and weighing only 3.5 pounds (1.6 kilograms), the lightweight, space-saving L226C in-ceiling loudspeaker offers maximum installation flexibility. A cutting template and integrated dog-ear brackets accommodate retrofit applications, while rough-in frames are available for new construction.
- Paintable grille and frame
- The JBL L226C in-ceiling loudspeakers offer outstanding performance, but that doesn’t mean that they have to stand out in a room! You can paint the frames and grilles so that the loudspeakers match your ceiling color and décor. You’ll hardly notice the L226Cs – until you turn them on.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Studio L In-Wall/In-Ceiling
- (2.83V@1m) 89dB
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Frequency Response
- (-3dB) 30Hz – 20kHz
- Crossover Frequencies
- 2500Hz; 18dB/Octave
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 6-1/2" (165mm)
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 1" (25mm)