Additional InformationJBL® is know the world over for providing movie theaters and arenas with the best, most accurate sound. But you don’t have to wander far and wide to get that same, famous sound right in your own home. The JBL L8400P is the subwoofer for you if you’re looking to hear the realism and precision from today’s high-definition formats. Its driver is made of patented PolyPlas™ material, which is strong and lightweight, so it reproduces bass effortlessly and with maximum impact. The driver itself, a 12-inch (300-millimeter) woofer cone, sits in a cast-aluminum frame, which provides a non-flexing structure and a rigid foundation to keep the bass accurate, distortion-free and uncolored. In addition, the L8400P uses a low-diffraction IsoPower™ baffle and ultra-rigid enclosure to ensure that unwanted resonances don’t affect the sound, plus a Symmetrical Field Geometry™ motor assembly to maintain uniform magnetic force. But the subwoofer’s muscle is its incredibly powerful Class D amplifier, which can produce 600 watts continuous power and 1200 watts peak power – enough for even the most demanding action movies or live-concert DVDs. All of that power can make ordinary drivers overheat, but the JBL L8400P’s driver is far from ordinary. It uses a specially designed Heatscape™ motor structure, which whisks away dangerous, sound-distorting heat. You’ll hear deep, tight bass – as low as 22Hz – that’ll literally shake the floor but remain accurate enough to reveal all the subtleties in your favorite music and movies. And if that’s not enough, this subwoofer is beautiful and available in three finishes – black ash, beech or cherry – that are sure to complement any décor.
If music and movies are important aspects of your life, you need the power and precision of today’s best technology in order to attain the realism of today’s high-definition formats. And the JBL® L8400P subwoofer delivers the low-frequency impact of just that. It features a 12-inch (300-millimeter) PolyPlas™ driver, a cast-aluminum frame, a low-diffraction IsoPower™ baffle, an ultra-rigid enclosure and a motor structure with HeatScape™ and Symmetrical Field Geometry™ technology to keep the bass output accurate, uncolored and free of distortion. As for power, subwoofer’s bass output gets its gusto from its Class D amplifier, which can produce 600 watts continuous power and up to 1200 watts peak power. Put all of that technology together, and you get tight, deep bass that you can both hear and feel.
At A Glance:
PolyPlas woofer cone
Heatscape motor structure
IsoPower baffle and ultra-rigid enclosure
600-watt Class D amplifier
What's in the box:
(1) L8400P 12", 600-watt RMS (1200-watt peak), high-performance powered subwoofer
(1) Owner's Manual
- PolyPlas woofer cone
- Our proprietary PolyPlas material, a polymer-coated cellulose fiber used to coat low-frequency cones and drivers, combines strength with light weight, so it reproduces bass effortlessly and with maximum impact. The L8400P’s 12-inch (300-millimeter) PolyPlas cone offers enough impact to rock your bones.
- Cast-aluminum frame
- Cast aluminum is durable and strong, and resists corrosion, heat and magnetism. A speaker’s frame supports the driver’s cone, diaphragm and other parts. The L8400P’s cast-aluminum woofer frame is tough enough to protect the low-frequency driver so that it can reproduce your music in high fidelity.
- Heatscape motor structure
- Heat can distort a speaker’s sound and lower its output and power handling. Fortunately, the L8400P includes our proprietary Heatscape motor structure, which removes heat. As a result, the L8400P operates efficiently and reproduces sound accurately.
- IsoPower baffle and ultra-rigid enclosure
- A speaker’s baffle and enclosure should keep outside noises from entering the speaker and interfering with the sound that the speaker generates. JBL engineers have built the L8400P with a special IsoPower baffle and an exceptionally stiff, tough enclosure to keep your audio safely protected on its way to your ears.
- 600-watt Class D amplifier
- Sheer power. That’s what the L8400P’s amplifier offers: 600 watts RMS and 1200 watts at peak. So play your music and movies as loud as you want. The L8400P’s amp can give you high volume without the slightest strain.
Legendary JBL SoundYou don't have to venture far from home to experience the legendary power of the JBL sound. Complete 5.1 home theater sound. Includes 4 satellite speakers, a center channel and room-shaking subwoofer.
Sleek, Stylish DesignHigh-gloss finish that compliments any room in your home.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Enclosure Type
- Black Ash
- Studio L
- Frequency Response
- 22Hz – Low-pass crossover frequency
- Crossover Frequencies
- 50Hz – 150Hz, Continuously adjustable
- Amplifier Power (Peak)
- Amplifier Power (RMS)
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 12" (300mm) PolyPlasTM cone with rubber surround and cast-aluminum chassis; HeatScapeTM motor structure; Symmetrical Field GeometryTM (SFGTM); oversized fiberglass voice coil; magnetic shorting ring