Loft 40Details http://www.harmanaudio.com/LOFT40-AM.html
Item# LOFT 40
Additional InformationFor those audiophiles who yearn for speakers with great looks as well as great sound, we’ve designed the JBL® Loft Series. These speakers are slim, elegant audio components that range from compact bookshelf to robust tower speakers. One remarkably versatile set in the line is the Loft40. It’s a pair of thin bookshelf speakers that offer listeners a great option for setting up a two-channel stereo or multichannel surround-sound system. Each speaker in the set features a 5-1/4-inch (133-millimeter) PolyBass woofer with FreeFlow port technology for big, clear and extended bass, and a 1-inch (25-millimeter) soft dome tweeter that can reach frequencies as high as 20kHz. Each speaker’s tweeter features our proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) waveguide, which evenly distributes sound throughout your listening space and makes every seat the best seat in the house. The Loft40 speakers handle up to 125 watts and use a Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP) design to help ensure that a strong, precise signal arrives at each driver with little alteration from its original source. And the speakers are beautiful to see, too. All in all, the Loft40s’ breathtaking sound will impress you as much as their stunning looks.
We designed the JBL® Loft Series for both sound and style, and the Loft40 two-way bookshelf speakers deliver. Capable of handling 125 watts, each Loft40 features a 5-1/4-inch (133-millimeter) PolyBass woofer for clear, powerful bass and a 1-inch (25-millimeter) soft dome tweeter with our proprietary Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) waveguide, which evenly distributes sound throughout space. Our Straight-Line Signal Path™ (SSP) design ensures that audio signals reach the drivers in high fidelity. Just as impressive as the speakers’ technology is their slim, elegant appearance, designed for audiophiles who want audio components to look as beautiful as they sound.
At A Glance:
10 – 125 watts suggested amplifier range
5-1/4" (133mm) PolyBass woofer
1" (25mm) soft dome tweeter with EOS waveguide
FreeFlow port technology
Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP) design
Accurate frequency response
What's in the box:
2 JBL Loft40 5-1/4" (133mm) bookshelf speakers
- 10 – 125 watts suggested amplifier range
- JBL engineers designed the Loft40 bookshelf speakers to produce precise, exceptional sound from a receiver or amplifier capable of delivering up to 125 watts.
- 5-1/4" (133mm) PolyBass woofer
- Paper produces the most natural sound of all driver materials. We’ve reinforced the Loft40’s paper woofer cones with a proprietary polymer that provides additional stiffness and damping to the cone surface. These qualities provide the listener with tight bass and extended low frequencies without breakup or distortion.
- 1" (25mm) soft dome tweeter with EOS waveguide
- The Loft40’s tweeter features a 1-inch (25-millimeter) soft dome with high sensitivity and fast transient response for accurate high-frequency reproduction. The tweeter integrates with an EOS (Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal) waveguide, giving high-frequency sounds a wide, consistent listening window. The result is an incredibly broad stereo image across a huge listening area.
- FreeFlow port technology
- A rear-firing FreeFlow™ port is acoustically matched to the Loft40’s woofer to move air out of the speaker’s cabinet. You’ll get extended bass response with low distortion, adding power to your music and excitement to your movie soundtracks.
- Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP) design
- The ideal path from input to components to transducers is a straight line. The Loft40 takes that path. Its Straight-Line Signal Path (SSP) technology preserves the clarity, detail and dynamics of your favorite audio content.
- Accurate frequency response
- The Loft40 doesn’t over-emphasize or under-emphasize any sounds. With a frequency response of 55Hz ? 20kHz, it reproduces a true, full sound range from deep bass tones to ultrahigh frequencies.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Low Frequency Transducers
- Two 100mm (4") PolyPlas cones, magnetically shielded
- High Frequency Transducer
- 25mm (1" ) soft dome on EOS waveguide, magnetically shielded
- Power Handling
- 10 – 150 watts
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 Ohm
- (2.83V/1m) 90 dB
- Frequency Response
- Power Handling (Recommended)
- 10-125 watts
- Sensitivity (2.83V/1m)
- High-Frequncy Transducer
- 25mm (1") soft dome on EOS waveguide
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 130mm (5-1/4") PolyPlas cone
Control and Connection Specifications:
- Connector Type
- Binding post