Does It Fit My Car?
Additional InformationRealistic, live-performance sound needs to be loud. But it also needs to be detailed, meticulous, accurate and distortion-free. Can you really have all of that in your car? With the JBL® P660C you can, because it has advanced, inventive, game-changing technology. The proprietary, patented Plus One® (patent no. 7,548,631), honeycomb-laminate HCL™ woofer cone combines extreme stiffness with low weight for increased efficiency, signature JBL bass, exceptional midrange clarity and low distortion even at high output levels. The high-bandwidth, textile- dome tweeters with the patented I-Mount™ (patent no. 5,859,917) tweeter-mounting system delivers precise imaging. Your friends will beg you to be the “designated driver” every time.
Friends will beg you to be the “designated driver” every time with JBL® P660Cs installed in your car. The patented Plus One® (patent no. 7,548,631) HCL™ woofer cone combines ultra stiffness with low weight for efficiency, big bass, exceptional midrange clarity and low distortion even at high output levels. High-bandwidth, textile-dome tweeters deliver precise imaging. In your car. Really.
At A Glance:
Plus One® (patent no. 7,548,631) honeycomb-laminate (HCL™) woofer cones
Mount and listen however you like
Great audio output and frequency response
Higher SPL than ever
Higher efficiency than ever
Outboard crossover networks
What's in the box:
(1) P660C 6-1/2” Two-way car audio loudspeaker component system.
(1) Owner's Manual
- Plus One® honeycomb-laminate (HCL™) woofer cones
- The P660C woofer cone is exceptionally stiff and lightweight, with up to 25 percent more active surface area than a standard cone of the same size. Patented Plus One® (patent no. 7,548,631) woofer cones and long-excursion surrounds boost bass output and efficiency by two to three decibels compared with competing products.
- Mount and listen however you like
- The JBL® P660C has a tweeter high-cut filter on the crossover that allows you to attenuate the tweeter by -6dB to optimize performance and optimize blend with the the mid/woofer based on installation location.
- Great audio output and frequency response
- You’ll have 90W RMS and 270W peak power handling with a 94dB sensitivity rating. And you can push it to the limit. You’ll hear true JBL® sound, with nothing under- or over-emphasized. The P660C has a frequency response of 45Hz to 23kHz.
- Higher SPL than ever
- In addition to better sound quality, the new, proprietary, JBL®-patented woofer design offers far higher SPL (sound pressure level) and better suspension symmetry than the previous generation of products.
- Higher efficiency than ever
- These speakers make the best use of any amplifier by providing an optimum 2-ohm load. They use a lower-impedance voice coil than a typical speaker to extract the most power and performance possible from all amplifiers engineered to drive loads of 4 ohms or less.
- Outboard crossover networks
- The P660C component system networks have in-line polypropylene caps and low-insertion-loss air-core inductors. Outboard crossovers are integrated into a harness connected to each speaker model for easy installation. Oversized Direct-Connect terminals ensure perfect connectivity for bare speaker wires.
- JBL I-Mount™ for easy installation
- The I-Mount™ (patent no. 5,859,917) tweeter-mounting system allows easy and versatile installation of tweeters in each of the component systems. It includes a flush cup and surface-mount mounting hardware. With a 1-3/4” cutout and a 1" mounting depth, installation becomes a snap. This allows the tweeter to be flush-mounted and can be angled up to ±40 degrees. Locknuts
- Less distortion
- Realistic, live-performance sound needs to be loud. But it also needs to be accurate and distortion-free. Others will give you miniatures for your car, but the JBL® brand uses an edge- driven textile-dome tweeter like high-end home audio loudspeakers. Crank it up. You get less distortion at even high volumes and superior integration with the mid/woofer.
Plus One® TechnologyPlus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class.
Manuals & Downloads:
- Power Series
- Frequency Response
- (2.83V@1m) 94dB
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Power Handling (RMS)
- Nominal Impedance
- 2 ohms
- High-Frequency Transducer
- PlusOne® HCL™ honeycomb-laiminate cone