Does It Fit My Car?
One of the best, fastest, make-a-difference upgrades you can give your car is its audio performance. And your driving tunes will sound like never before with the P963. Its serious technology includes a patented Plus One® woofer cone and a tweeter worthy of home theater systems. You get exceptional, detailed sound, even when you play loud and long.
At A Glance:
Proprietary Plus One® woofer cone
Home theater-quality tweeter
Minimal distortion, no audible tinsel-lead slap
Mount and listen however you like
Great audio output and frequency response
What's in the box:
(2) P963 6”x9” three-way loudspeakers
(1) Owner's Manual
(8) Screw clips
(2) Speaker clips
- Plus One® woofer cone
- The Plus One® Honeycomb-Laminate™ woofer cone is exceptionally stiff and lightweight with up to 25 percent more active surface area than a standard one of the same size. With a long-excursion surround, it boosts bass output and efficiency by 2 to 3 decibels compared with others.
- Home theater-quality tweeter
- It’s not the miniature tweeters that most other manufacturers use, but a high-bandwidth, edge-driven textile-dome tweeter like those found in very high-end home audio loudspeakers. Crank it up. You get less distortion even at high volumes and superior integration with the midwoofer.
- Minimal distortion, no audible tinsel-lead slap
- These speakers make the best use of any amplifier by providing an optimum 2-ohm load. They use a lower-impedance voice coil than a typical speaker to extract the most power and performance possible from all amplifiers engineered to drive loads of 4 ohms or less. And the spider integrated, stitched-in tinsel gives the speaker enhanced reliability and eliminates audible tinsel-lead slap.
- Mount and listen however you like
- The JBL® P963 has a tweeter-level control. Use the simple switch to set the tweeter output level to match your personal listening preference or different mounting locations.
- Great audio output and frequency response
- You’ll have 110 watts RMS and 330 watts peak power handling and a 96dB sensitivity rating. And you can push them to the limit. You’ll hear true JBL® sound. Nothing is under- or over-emphasized. The P662 has a frequency response of 35Hz to 23kHz.
- Higher SPL than ever
- In addition to better sound quality, the new, proprietary, JBL-patented woofer design offers far higher SPL (Sound Pressure Level) and better suspension symmetry than the previous generation.
- Outboard crossover networks
- Outboard crossovers are integrated into a harness connected to each speaker for easy installation. Oversized Direct-Connect terminals ensure perfect connectivity for bare speaker wires.
Plus One® TechnologyPlus One carbon-injected cones provide more overall speaker-cone area than other cones in its class.
Manuals & Downloads:
- 6 x 9
- Power Series
- Nominal Impedance
- 2 ohms
- Power Handling (Peak)
- Frequency Response
- Power Handling (RMS)
- (2.83V@1m) 96dB
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- PlusOne® HCL™ honeycomb-laminate cone
- Crossover Frequencies
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 25mm (1") edge-driven textile dome
- Ultra High Frequency Transducer
- 22mm (7/8") edge-driven textile dome
- UHF cut: 0dB/-3dB