Additional InformationA pair of JBL® SP8CII in-ceiling loudspeakers offers any home true JBL-quality sound, yet without taking up valuable floor and shelf space. The SP8CII’s 8-inch (200-millimeter) titanium-laminate woofer delivers exceptional bass, while a swivel-mounted, titanium-laminate tweeter produces accurate, clear high-frequency output. A proprietary waveguide and 100 watts of peak power handling ensure that the SP8CII distributes sound evenly and smoothly. Movies sound more enveloping within your home theater, and your favorite music comes alive throughout the house. Shallow mounting depths increase your installation options; and the SP8CII’s paintable frame and grille let the in-ceiling loudspeakers blend into any room décor.
A pair of JBL® SP8CII in-ceiling loudspeakers offers any home true JBL-quality sound without taking up valuable floor or shelf space. The SP8CII’s 8-inch (200-millimeter) titanium-laminate, low-frequency woofer delivers exceptional bass, while a swivel-mounted, titanium-laminate tweeter produces accurate, clear high-frequency output. A proprietary waveguide and 100 watts of peak power handling ensure that the SP8CII distributes sound evenly and smoothly.
At A Glance:
25 – 100 watts suggested amplifier power range
8" (200-millimeter) titanium-laminate cone for enhanced bass response
Detailed high-frequency sound reproduction
Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal™ (EOS) waveguide for “sit-anywhere” sound
Low profile and easy installation
Paintable grille and frame
What's in the box:
(2) SP8CII speakers with grilles
(2) Mounting Template
(2) Paint Shields
(1) Owner's Manual
- 25 – 100 watts suggested amplifier power range
- JBL engineers designed the SP8CII in-ceiling loudspeaker to produce powerful, room-filling sound from an AVR (audio/video receiver) or amplifier capable of delivering up to 100 watts of power.
- 8" (200mm) titanium-laminate cone for enhanced bass response
- Realistic reproduction of music requires clean, undistorted low frequencies. JBL SP8CII in-ceiling loudspeakers feature an 8-inch (200-millimeter) titanium-laminate woofer cone that offers greater stiffness for reduced distortion. Rubber surrounds ensure durability, while extended polepieces produce deep, powerful bass with less distortion. The result is enveloping, satisfying audio reproduction from the bottom up.
- Detailed high-frequency sound reproduction
- The SP8CII’s in-ceiling loudspeaker’s thin but rigid 1-inch (25-millimeter) titanium-laminate tweeter delivers accurate, clear high-frequency response, even at elevated volume levels. The tweeter’s swivel-mount means that you can direct high frequencies exactly where you want them.
- Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal (EOS) waveguide for “sit-anywhere” sound
- Forget about “sweet spots.” With proprietary JBL Elliptical Oblate Spheroidal (EOS) waveguide technology, your whole room becomes a perfect listening position. Originally designed for JBL Professional LSR studio monitors, the SP8CII in-ceiling loudspeaker’s EOS waveguide distributes sound evenly throughout the playback area.
- Low profile and easy installation
- With a mounting depth of just 4-1/4 inches (108 millimeters) and weighing only 5.6 pounds (2.5 kilograms), the lightweight, space-saving SP8CII in-ceiling loudspeaker offers maximum installation flexibility. A cutting template and integrated dog-ear brackets accommodate retrofit applications, while rough-in frames are available for new construction.
- Paintable grille and frame
- The JBL SP8CII in-ceiling loudspeakers offer outstanding performance, but that doesn’t mean that they have to stand out in a room. You can paint the frames and grilles so that the loudspeakers match your ceiling color and décor. You’ll hardly notice the SP8CIIs – until you turn them on.
Manuals & Downloads:
- SoundPoint Series
- (2.83V@1m) 89dB
- Frequency Response
- (-10dB) 32Hz – 20kHz
- Nominal Impedance
- 8 ohms
- Crossover Frequencies
- Recommended Maximum Amplifier Power
- 100 watts
- Midrange Transducer
- High-Frequency Transducer
- 1" titanium- laminate dome, w/swivel mount
- Low-Frequency Transducer
- 8" titanium-laminate cone w/rubber surround
- Plate Size
- 10-7/8" (240mm)
- Mounting Cutout Size
- 9-1/2" (240mm)
- Mounting Depth
- 4-1/4" (108mm)
- 5.6lb (2.5kg)