At A Glance:
300-watt RMS (500 watts peak) amplifier
10" (250mm), low-frequency transducer
Digital amplifier circuitry
Comprehensive phase and crossover controls
LFE and line-level inputs
Exclusive JBL Weave design
What's in the box:
1 SUB150P subwoofer
1 RCA cable
Powerful, enveloping bass can make you feel transplanted into another place, whether it’s the high-energy action of a movie or the middle of a rocking concert hall. JBL® engineers have designed and optimized the Studio SUB150P powered subwoofer to create that sense of losing yourself within sound playback to create the foundation for an immersive, realistic experience.
- 300-watt RMS (500 watts peak) amplifier
- An integral 300-watt RMS (500 watts peak power) amplifier means that the Studio SUB150P subwoofer can develop high-energy sound levels without adding unwanted artifacts. A built-in limiter prevents the distortion that results from sudden peak levels and thereby turns a sound experience from the merely impressive into the completely immersive.
- 10" (250mm), low-frequency transducer
- The Studio SUB150P features a 10-inch (250-millimeter) low-frequency transducer that delivers chest-thumping audio – but it’s accurate enough to articulate individual sounds at sustained low frequencies. Such immersive bass creates a foundation that is powerful enough to support an entire surround-sound experience.
- Digital amplifier circuitry
- Energy efficiency is a priority; so too is low heat output. The Studio SUB150P’s built-in digital amplifier fulfills both functions but doesn’t skimp on your primary requirement: powerful, low-frequency sound.
- Bass-reflex enclosure
- Unlike other subwoofers, the Studio SUB150P is not housed within a sealed enclosure. Instead, the SUB150P features a bass-reflex enclosure, which provides movie soundtracks and music with the breathing room they need to sound realistic with little or no distortion.
- Down-firing transducer
- The Studio SUB150P’s driver fires downwards instead of outwards, a configuration that prevents unwanted interaction with walls and the sound reflections that result from the interaction. Instead, sound travels upwards through the room, resulting in clean, crisp bass. As a result, you can place the SUB150P anywhere in a room without worrying that it’ll produce the artificial “boominess” that can detract from the realism of a surround-sound experience.
- Comprehensive phase and crossover controls
- A two-position phase switch ensures that the Studio SUB150P’s bass transducer moves in sync with your main loudspeakers. The subwoofer’s low frequencies will blend seamlessly with sounds from other speakers, regardless of where you put the subwoofer. Also, an adjustable crossover frequency lets you optimize the Studio SUB150P for different choices of main/satellite loudspeakers.
- LFE and line-level inputs
- A choice of LFE (low-frequency effects) or line-level inputs means that you can either use or bypass the Studio SUB150P subwoofer’s internal crossover circuits. Such an option provides greater flexibility in how you set up and use the SUB150P, while it ensures noise-free connections to virtually any type of AV amplifier or sound center.
- Exclusive JBL Weave design
- The JBL Weave design is a perfect convergence of form and function. Able to stand out or blend in with the finest décor, the Weave makes the Studio SUB150P powered subwoofer’s trapezoidal enclosure is as functional as it is pleasant to the eye.
Magnetically shielded for placement wherever you want it, including right next to your TV or video display.
Manuals & Downloads:
Powerful, enveloping bass can make you feel transplanted into another place, whether it’s the high-energy action of a movie or the middle of a rocking concert hall. JBL® engineers have designed and optimized the Studio SUB150P powered subwoofer to create that very sense of losing yourself within sound playback to create the foundation for an immersive, realistic experience. The SUB150P includes a powerful 300-watt, 10-inch (250-millimeter) low-frequency driver that fires downwards instead of outwards, a configuration that prevents unwanted interaction with walls and the sound reflections that result from the interaction. Instead, sound travels upwards through the room, resulting in clean, crisp bass.
||Studio 1 Series||
||50Hz – 150Hz (variable), 24dB/octave||
||27Hz – 150Hz||
|Amplifier Power (RMS)
|Amplifier Power (Peak)
|Power Consumption (Full Power/Idle)
||320W (1.8A @ 230V) peak; less than 6W (0.06A@ 120V) standby||
||120V, 60Hz (US); 220V – 230V, 50Hz/60Hz (EU)||
||Fast 10-inch (250mm) PolyPlasTM low-frequency transducer||
Control and Connection Specifications:
||Phase switch, Input Mode switch, Volume Control, Crossover Control||